TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I've seen JBs line stretch all the way out past the star on the walkway at Freeze and JL. People waited over an hour just to get to the register. It's a popular place due to location, good food and a bar (with Sports). They really need to reconfigure it to allow more registers. But then you have to have the support behind it. It's not working at all right now.

This is why we always stick with the formula of meal #1 being a nutritious lunch out of our cooler, with us leaving the park for meal #2. We do this with most of the parks we visit. I highly suggest always having a plan for leaving the park to eat, IF it's convenient for your group.

Guys with all due respect to the people, this has nothing to do with the amount of passes sold. Its a a) lack of training for employees and b) system failures. Both were present at my 30 plus minute wait at Go Fresh when l went two weeks ago. I didn't see many dinning passes used honestly. What I did see was an employee working the register that had no clue what he was doing, was drinking and touching his face/hair while talking to customers and generally seemed untrained in food service.

I also saw systems fail the young man that took over for the first kid. There is no official handoff plane, so I have no idea where to go. Food is not coming out in order so the line of people has to communicate to each other what item is up. People wanted their receipts, but receipts are what was used to tell the cooks what to make. Lack of systems lead to failure and unhappy customers. I uh....I watch too much bar rescue.

^With all due respect, your first statement is dead wrong.

Actually HWFan, that top statement is not completely dead wrong. For someone that has worked at the park you should be aware of how the "new management" has decreased the amount of training given to employees. For example, till training and POS training didn't happen in a classroom environment this year, just OJT, and that was also cut back on. This truly is an issue of not training enough, not having top of the line employees in certain roles, and also having to many dining passes and not enough locations to support it.

^It is dead wrong, because increased dining pass sales have had at least something to do with longer lines. I'm going to plead the fifth with the rest of the things you said though, mainly because I haven't worked at the park in weeks. However, remember how multiple people have said I'm being overly optimistic and/or too positive on certain issues? There was some truth in many of those instances. Take every negative & positive post with a grain of salt. And as we say down here in Alabama (and everywhere else in the US), "that's all I have to say about that...something something...chocolate."

The media event for New Revolution is May 24th and we need someone to cover it for us. If you're interested in attending, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information:

Full Name

Contact info (Email & Phone number)

Links to your social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

What kind of camera or mobile device you have

Your age

I need to find someone ASAP for this. Thank you!

^ They weren't really knocked because of what they are.

It was because of how Six Flags was originally marketing them as a "coaster".

The carnival R-ing-s of Fire have been around for ages. These new loopers

are just taller, and the ride vehicles are better designed, I'm guessing.

And they appear to be "free-standing," which takes away the holding wires

etc. that the RoF usually use in carnivals and midways.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I'm not a fan of the two toned trains on the 2016 super loops. The purple doesnt match at all.

Another entitled enthusiast! How DARE you COMPLAIN about a ride they specially built JUST FOR YOU. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE GOT NOTHING?!?

I'm not a fan of the two toned trains on the 2016 super loops. The purple doesnt match at all.

Another entitled enthusiast! How DARE you COMPLAIN about a ride they specially built JUST FOR YOU. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE GOT NOTHING?!?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you aren't...I could care less if SFstl "Got Nothing" seeing how it isn't my home park and I probably will never visit there

Just something I've found interesting... Silverdollar City has always run commercials and ads in the STL area, but suddenly there has been Holiday World commercials running along with Wisconsin Dells commercials.... but Ive seen very very few Sis Flags commercials. With SFSTL not having the best reputation among locals and some enthusiasts over the past decade and then even more so lately, this makes me wonder what this means for the future. These commercials are reaching millions of people, with half of who have never known or heard of these destinations. If this continues the next year or so and SFTSL doesn't really step up their game, do not be surprised to see a dramatic drop in attendance the next few years... less attendance, less income, less income means less upgrades and new goodies, less new goodies and upgrades means even less attendance, and so on and so on.. yes, SFSTL is my home park, yes I am a veteraned employee, yes I sometimes question what the hell SFSTL is doing and thinking, but for the first time, Im actually worried and think if something major doesnt happen soon, what that could mean for SFSTL overall...

just something to think about.....

Well SDC advertises all over. MO - AR - LA - TX - OK - KS - IL - IN - TN - KY - IA - NE

They are a DESTINATION park whereas SFSTL is not. I don't think I've seen a SFSTL commercial the last 3 years here in the COMO/JC area and we're less than 2 hours away. WOF on the other hand has been advertising heavily here (along with SDC). We occasionally will get HW commercials here but not as frequently.

Just something I've found interesting... Silverdollar City has always run commercials and ads in the STL area, but suddenly there has been Holiday World commercials running along with Wisconsin Dells commercials.... but Ive seen very very few Sis Flags commercials. With SFSTL not having the best reputation among locals and some enthusiasts over the past decade and then even more so lately, this makes me wonder what this means for the future. These commercials are reaching millions of people, with half of who have never known or heard of these destinations. If this continues the next year or so and SFTSL doesn't really step up their game, do not be surprised to see a dramatic drop in attendance the next few years... less attendance, less income, less income means less upgrades and new goodies, less new goodies and upgrades means even less attendance, and so on and so on.. yes, SFSTL is my home park, yes I am a veteraned employee, yes I sometimes question what the hell SFSTL is doing and thinking, but for the first time, Im actually worried and think if something major doesnt happen soon, what that could mean for SFSTL overall...

just something to think about.....

I live in the Springfield metro area, and I don't think I've seen a SDC commercial at all around here. When last we went to Kansas City, we saw two within an hour of watching television. Maybe parks just don't advertise as heavily to the local audience, since they're already aware of the park?

I know for a fact that marketing outside of the metro area is huge, but for WisDells and HW to both at the same time hit the STL market isnt just coincidence.... yes WisDaells is more of a tourist destination and has a bigger market, just like SDC, but they never have in the STL before, and now HW TOO!!?? They are absolutely doing so because they know SFSTL is having issues and they are taking advantage by basically saying "hey, for all you that are sick of SFSTL and its generics and lack of so much, COME CHECK US OUT INSTEAD!" As much as I do support my hometown park that Ive grown up with all my life, something needs to change and NOW! No, I DEFINITELY dont think this is an Astroworld situation, but SFSTL will begin to hurt.... trust me... this isnt just a hunch... theres some knowledge behind this. Sadly, I believe its too late to play catch up though. In the past 10 years, SFSTL really needed to focus on infrastructure... landscaping, paving pathways, MAJOR MAJOR upkeep, and the ridding of some of the stubborn management, but they didnt, they just kept polishing a turd. They had a chance during that timeframe to really turn the park around to put it back on the map, instead, they just sat injured and now they are being preyed on. To really put this into perspective and get the competitors from trying to invade our territory, the park would need to close end of September and not reopen until May, and during that 7 month shut down, invest a minimum of $30-$40 mil just in infrastructure and upkeep to make the place look at least somewhat new again... give it a look, and ambiance, then revisit how the park is run and go from there...