TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

BTW, this thread is WAY better and more interesting than WOF's. So Kudos to everyone on here who makes it so speical.

Only thing I agree with in your post. Let´s be honest... the only thing SFSTL has on WoF is the TPR thread.

Correct. And I live 20 mins from the park (SFStL).

Yes, that land has been owned by the park since the late 60's when all the property was bought. The land has been "for sale" for a long time and will never be developed.... ever! This discussion has been had quite a few times on here. If it does ever sell, they wouldn't sell all of it, but my guess is 75% to 80% of it. Someday when theres another housing boom, you will see this land sell quickly.

I highly suggest sprinkling some salt on those words. It makes them much tastier.

I think my problem is that when I hint at things, it's either too obvious or too sneaky and is never caught. I will say this, you guys haven't examined those screenshots (from the government website on pg. 672) closely enough.

I did...a few times over. Maybe I've had too much moonshine?

Sorry for the double post.

And I agree.....Josh, you make this thread so much fun; thank you.

Yes, that land has been owned by the park since the late 60's when all the property was bought. The land has been "for sale" for a long time and will never be developed.... ever! This discussion has been had quite a few times on here. If it does ever sell, they wouldn't sell all of it, but my guess is 75% to 80% of it. Someday when theres another housing boom, you will see this land sell quickly.

I highly suggest sprinkling some salt on those words. It makes them much tastier.

I think my problem is that when I hint at things, it's either too obvious or too sneaky and is never caught. I will say this, you guys haven't examined those screenshots (from the government website on pg. 672) closely enough.

This has been the case in the past as well, just like the property out front... things fall through a lot. It was guaranteed to happen years ago on numerous occasions, but as you can see nothing as of yet, so I'll believe it when I see ground breaking.

This has been the case in the past as well, just like the property out front... things fall through a lot. It was guaranteed to happen years ago on numerous occasions, but as you can see nothing as of yet, so I'll believe it when I see ground breaking.

I don't know much about what happened in the past, but the area on that frontage road was never actually going to sell. Whether it was a real estate agent or the park talking to potential buyers, they were ethical about it. If you find some fantastic property to buy but are then told "oh, by the way, you will need to hire a full time security guard for your parking lot or it will be full of people trying to park for free," you wouldn't want it anymore.

^Of course that was the case, but there was plenty of interest in this land, I believe it was back in 2008 or somewhere around there. Back around that time when there was the proposal to build that huge shopping complex across the highway (of course that fell through and the idea was moved to Washington, MO) there were developers that were very interested in that land as well. One developer in particular was VERY interested... and in the plans for this to happen, there was plans to revamp the exit road, the entrance road and toll plaza. Everyone knew the only downfall would be that some of SFSTL's more "interesting" guests would abuse these business's parking. Of course when the plans were moved to Washington, MO, the whole thing fell through.

HWFan or anyone else in the know- random thought. Has there ever been talk of using the wooded hillside between the Boss and Allenton Rd.? There's obviously easier spaces to work with in regards to expansion of any type, but I got to thinking of it's possible uses and wondered if anyone's brought this up before.

It could be a great location for a coaster, but the big question is, where would you place the station and que and get access from the park to that area. The only "expansion" or "room to grow" areas that I know have been talked about or considered is the field East of the Joker where the fireworks are shot off, south water park area, and a little bit of the area east of the Mine Train/ Tidal Wave area along the perimeter road. HWFan, any other word on this?

It could be a great location for a coaster, but the big question is, where would you place the station and que and get access from the park to that area. The only "expansion" or "room to grow" areas that I know have been talked about or considered is the field East of the Joker where the fireworks are shot off, south water park area, and a little bit of the area east of the Mine Train/ Tidal Wave area along the perimeter road. HWFan, any other word on this?

Yes.

Yes.

evil.jpg.837ac2dfd4512e3547422d34b289060b.jpg

Damn it HWFan, why do you have to tease them like this LOL I was hoping to get you to spill the beans... I mean, I too know what's going on, but like you, I don't want to say anything just yet LOL Sometimes, I just like to sit back and watch you do what you do and see people's responses and not say anything.

In case anyone is wondering, there are a few of us on here that could tell you guys everything we hear, some of it not confidential or sensitive, but if we did, you might be let down over and over again, or we would be wrong because plans fall through so often... not just with rides, but with anything that affects the park. But I LOVE having HWFan bring you guys the news, updates, and teasers because he does just such a wonderful job with it... HWFan, you really do buddy! Just remember that HWFan maybe the master at dropping hints, puns, teasers, brain stumpers, riddles, headaches, anger, laughter, anxiety, depression, and the occasional need of a prescription of Xanax, but there are a few others on here that too have done the same and made SFSTL's page that much more fun..... I know I have on a couple of occasions. We love telling you guys as much as we can, and like stated, HWFan does this in a superb fashion. I wish sometimes we COULD tell you guys more, it just wouldn't be right to do all the time.

P.S. Its fun "twisting" with everyone's minds. Watching everyone go through the "ups and downs" of emotions "brings tears to my eyes"... in "more ways than 1" even if you guys are completely confused and the answer is right in front of you and "you don't know which way is up". Either way, I always enjoy seeing SFSTL's page getting "flipped" through by so many people..... LOL

^I don't know what you do and do not know. Not even sure what department you work in or who you are (although you have probably seen me a few times this off season at least. I'm sad about Dave leaving for many reasons, but one of them is that he is my primary source of information. And depending what you know, I was really sad about something that fell through in the past year, but the good news is that when things fall through, they are replaced by other (sometimes better) plans. It all evens out in the end.

I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that I'm not anonymous on here. However, I won't be launching any teaser campaigns or hints. One night Dave, Elizabeth Gotway, and I stood in the shadows of the palace garden watching 'Final Freakout' and talking. While Dave definitely puts all of his trust in me, I don't think Elizabeth (PR Manager) was very comfortable with it. In her words, "If this leaks online, I'll know exactly who to go to." (Btw, anyone familiar with the school house rock song that goes, "3,6,9. 12,15,18. 21,24,27. 30!"

Anyway, in terms of my hints and style, all the credit goes to Holiday World's Paula Werne (RavenMaven). I've known her since I was 11 years old when I sent an email that ended up becoming a Holiblog post. She's an amazing friend of mine, and she has taught me a lot and helped me mature in the industry. I'll have to text her your post about my hints. She'll get a "kick" out of it.

Lastly, to be fair, you only asked me if I had heard anything about a huge list of things, but you never asked what I had heard...not that I would've told you anyway.

^I don't know what you do and do not know. Not even sure what department you work in or who you are (although you have probably seen me a few times this off season at least. I'm sad about Dave leaving for many reasons, but one of them is that he is my primary source of information. And depending what you know, I was really sad about something that fell through in the past year, but the good news is that when things fall through, they are replaced by other (sometimes better) plans. It all evens out in the end.

I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that I'm not anonymous on here. However, I won't be launching any teaser campaigns or hints. One night Dave, Elizabeth Gotway, and I stood in the shadows of the palace garden watching 'Final Freakout' and talking. While Dave definitely puts all of his trust in me, I don't think Elizabeth (PR Manager) was very comfortable with it. In her words, "If this leaks online, I'll know exactly who to go to." (Btw, anyone familiar with the school house rock song that goes, "3,6,9. 12,15,18. 21,24,27. 30!"

Anyway, in terms of my hints and style, all the credit goes to Holiday World's Paula Werne (RavenMaven). I've known her since I was 11 years old when I sent an email that ended up becoming a Holiblog post. She's an amazing friend of mine, and she has taught me a lot and helped me mature in the industry. I'll have to text her your post about my hints. She'll get a "kick" out of it.

Lastly, to be fair, you only asked me if I had heard anything about a huge list of things, but you never asked what I had heard...not that I would've told you anyway.

I've remained incognito for a very good reason... why do you think you don't see me post all that much on here. You know me pretty well I will say though.

You say you haven't dropped hints, but you have... well at least from my perspective you have, but maybe thats because I too know what you're talking about sometimes.

Dave leaving breaks my heart, I've known this brilliant and wonderful man for over a decade and I will miss him so much, but I've known this time was coming, I just never wanted to admit it or accept it. I know what you mean by him being a portal of info, but trust me, there's others you can go to too... trust me!!!

Elizabeth is that way with a lot of people, especially those she knows are big enthusiasts like us. I love Elizabeth and what she does, but she gets a tad paranoid with some of this stuff, but I don't blame her one bit. I have a very good relationship with Elizabeth and would never betray her trust or anyone else's at the park for that matter. Elizabeth cracks me up though, she gets worked up so easily lol. I know this may sound mean, but I think its funny when she's Unit 10, things never seem to go right for the poor woman lol.

You are a very lucky individual to have a friend and relationship with Paula, she is an absolutely amazing individual. I have been lucky enough to meet her..... Her and Dave are one of a kinds... or 2 of a kinds.... or whatever lol. She's a great mentor to have.

In terms of what you know, I know, who else knows... it doesn't matter, all that matters is that we are privileged to know insider info and even be part of it on occasion. You know as well as I do that if even half of some of the ideas we've heard would come true or would have come true, people would be blown away.

Edited by parkjunkie

Since said plan fell through, any chance u can share or hint at it?

Hmmm, maybe, depends on what you want to know... remember, a lot of things get put on the back burner or are trade secrets so that others never pick up on an idea.

Plus, if they talked about it, you'll have a ton of people getting negative like "I can't believe they did that. I hate this park. I hate Missouri. I hate this planet. I hate everything that isn't exactly what I want it to be.

Also, if anyone has an idea of who parkjunkie is, I will pay $10 for each clue or $50 for his identity. Dead or aliv...wait, scratch that part.

...and the occasional need of a prescription of Xanax...

Off topic, but I would highly suggest Klonopin over Xanax. It's a lot smoother and longer lasting. It's my doctor's answer to prescribing me twice the amount of stimulants than the FDA approves (I take ten different medications, which is 24 pills). I like the controlled substances because I get to feel like a badass...but anyway...

...We love telling you guys as much as we can....I wish sometimes we COULD tell you guys more...

I don't. I like to watch them suffer. It's a nice power trip for me.

^ HEY!!! Thats not very nice!!! You just made Santa's naughty list!!!!.... wait, you did that a long time ago ... I kid, I kid! But seriously, maybe if you're nice and take that bounty off my head, I will reveal myself sometime this upcoming season.

HWFan, I think I need to get a group of us together and have an intervention with you, your clear admittance to addiction and causing pain and suffering to others for pleasure is a cry for help and we love you and want to see you better yourself

Damn it HWFan, why do you have to tease them like this LOL I was hoping to get you to spill the beans... I mean, I too know what's going on, but like you, I don't want to say anything just yet LOL Sometimes, I just like to sit back and watch you do what you do and see people's responses and not say anything.

In case anyone is wondering, there are a few of us on here that could tell you guys everything we hear, some of it not confidential or sensitive, but if we did, you might be let down over and over again, or we would be wrong because plans fall through so often... not just with rides, but with anything that affects the park. But I LOVE having HWFan bring you guys the news, updates, and teasers because he does just such a wonderful job with it... HWFan, you really do buddy! Just remember that HWFan maybe the master at dropping hints, puns, teasers, brain stumpers, riddles, headaches, anger, laughter, anxiety, depression, and the occasional need of a prescription of Xanax, but there are a few others on here that too have done the same and made SFSTL's page that much more fun..... I know I have on a couple of occasions. We love telling you guys as much as we can, and like stated, HWFan does this in a superb fashion. I wish sometimes we COULD tell you guys more, it just wouldn't be right to do all the time.

P.S. Its fun "twisting" with everyone's minds. Watching everyone go through the "ups and downs" of emotions "brings tears to my eyes"... in "more ways than 1" even if you guys are completely confused and the answer is right in front of you and "you don't know which way is up". Either way, I always enjoy seeing SFSTL's page getting "flipped" through by so many people..... LOL

I'm seeing clues at an S&S 4th dimension. I'm doing my best not to be negative here, but that would be a huge disappointment. Those are sad excuses for a "new steel rollercoaster". I went on that and it was disappointing. Relocate Medusa or something, give the park a real, thought out, coaster....or pretend to! A used Beamer is so much better than a new S&S......

HE SAID FLIPPED!!!!!!! IT'S AN S&S FREE FLY COASTER!!!!!

^When you became all happy and excited in the last couple days, this thread wa starting to look like the Holiday World one. While I may be "HWFan", I like the edginess of ours. But from here on out, I'm going on a posting strike until you reveal your identity to me. If I go back in January, I'm going to be paranoid now that you say I know you pretty well.

Although an intervention might work. We already staged a successful one for cyborg after he became a bit of a slob. Now that he's cleaned up, I think I even saw him get a welcome matt. But anyway, for now, peace homies.

^When you became all happy and excited in the last couple days, this thread wa starting to look like the Holiday World one. While I may be "HWFan", I like the edginess of ours. But from here on out, I'm going on a posting strike until you reveal your identity to me. If I go back in January, I'm going to be paranoid now that you say I know you pretty well.

Although an intervention might work. We already staged a successful one for cyborg after he became a bit of a slob. Now that he's cleaned up, I think I even saw him get a welcome matt. But anyway, for now, peace homies.

EDIT: One final thing, now that you guys are talking about and S&S, I have the song "Head over Feet" by Alanis Morissette stuck in my head, "You already won me over in spite of me, so don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet."

Edited by HWFan