TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Iron Eagle would be a terrible idea for the park. It's the first "big" coaster at the park that kids can ride, with only a 42" height limit. RMC'ing it would raise the height requirement and the park would lose one of its only family friendly rides.

Don't let one person's terrible No Limits creation make you think the Boss has less RMC potential than Eagle. There is A LOT more that could be done with Boss; Screamin' Eagle's layout is a very straight out and back, which IMO doesn't really work as well for the insane things RMC can do.

Even though a non-stop ride would be fun, I also think that IF the Boss is ever changed in some RMC fashion, the mid-course break run would really need to stay. Besides the Mine Train, it's the only coaster that can run three trains. Yet even with three train operation, I've seen (well, technically heard over the radio) that Boss' queue made it back to the bridge over the tracks.

That's another reason that would keep me from wanting a premier SFDK Superman clone. Even the S&S 4D coasters are better than that. By the way, I forgot to go back and add a few things from that end of the year ceremony.

In terms of safety, for both employees & Guests, the park went far and above industry standards. Like seriously, SFSL had an absolutely incredible safety record in 2015. Big time. Part of that was the diligence of the life guard team of course, and one of the life guards received some safety/excellence award that was only awarded to two dozen life guards in the nation!

I'll probably leave it at that as to not violate anything "trade secrets" related. Also, if you're not from the area, the weather has been awful, so no park pics this week unless things get nicer. Finally, below is a short clip of Dave down in Guest Relations doing the final closing announcement of the year. (To view it, you may need to click the file name under it, which will start a download on your computer.)

Dave's sign off.MOV

I think that the fan made RMC conversion of Screamin' Eagle is a very cool design. I just don't feel that Screamin' Eagle should be converted. RMC is an amazing company, but not every woodie needs their touch. Screamin' Eagle is a classic, and a GOOD classic!

EDIT: By the way, we finally get to say it.....OMG page 666!!!!!!!!! And I was the 6660 post!

Even though a non-stop ride would be fun, I also think that IF the Boss is ever changed in some RMC fashion, the mid-course break run would really need to stay. Besides the Mine Train, it's the only coaster that can run three trains. Yet even with three train operation, I've seen (well, technically heard over the radio) that Boss' queue made it back to the bridge over the tracks.

Or level and extend the MCBR and create a launch out of it - solving both speed and capacity.

^LOL

That layout for Iron Boss isn't so appealing to me. It's not like the original layout is bad either, it just got really rough like Ghost Rider. If that turns out good for Knotts, Boss could use that treatment instead.

As for American Eagle I found a more appealing RMC treatment on YouTube.

There's some funky elements in there. That would be a much better coaster IMO.

Edit: This video has already been posted on the thread before. Most people are against touching Eagle it seems. I just ran by it and thought it was pretty cool.

Banned.

Just give Boss better trains and some retracking and it'll be my favorite wooden coaster.

It's an incredibly fun ride in an amazing location, but the roughness starts to detract from the full experience.

I don't need RMC (though RMC Boss would be badass), but the ride needs a little bit of taming (trim-free taming).

^It would be nice if it were smooth, but I honestly never remember it being 'smooth.' Even in its first season I remember it beating the piss out of me. Being younger and not knowing anything about roller coasters I remember saying, "That ride is going to kill someone someday."

They can re track it all day long, but for me personally it will never best The Beast as my favorite traditional wooden coaster.

^It would be nice if it were smooth, but I honestly never remember it being 'smooth.' Even in its first season I remember it beating the piss out of me. Being younger and not knowing anything about roller coasters I remember saying, "That ride is going to kill someone someday."

They can re track it all day long, but for me personally it will never best The Beast as my favorite traditional wooden coaster.

Topper track couldn't hurt, but only certain areas would need it. I'll get back to you once I ride the Beast. Night ride, front seat if I can

I saw a couple guys up on the second high turn (after the MCBR) yesterday working on retracking. With this new information you provided, I'll make sure to let them know not to waste their time.

:/ Just be sure to give them my credentials... which consist of riding roller coasters throughout the US while drinking beer... and extensive experience with Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. They'll get it.

Topper track couldn't hurt, but only certain areas would need it. I'll get back to you once I ride the Beast. Night ride, front seat if I can

Beast is unlike most wooden roller coasters I've ridden, which is why I like it. It's basically a couple large drops followed by long straight stretches of emphasized speed through the woods and tunnels, with one crazy out of control helix to wrap it up. Some more 'hardcore' wood coaster enthusiasts don't really care for it, but for the more 'vanilla' GP riders like myself, we cherish it. Even my wife who doesn't enjoy most wooden coasters enjoys Beast. You have to take it for what it is and not hold it to modern standards like Outlaw Run and El Toro. Just like enjoying a B&M hyper for having B&M characteristics, instead of wanting it to rip your face off like Intamin I305.

So on a side note, I was checking out IAAPA updates and the RMC T-Rex coaster looks great. I'm dreaming a little when I say it seems like a perfect opportunity for SFSTL to get a major steel coaster while maybe cashing in on a reduced prototype cost. It would seem like a really good chance for the park to get a hyper or at least near hyper in the future, even if not being one of the first parks to get this type of ride. With SF having such a great relationship with RMC, I think this at least adds more of a chance of getting something significant, whether RMC Iron Horse, or RMC Steel. Or maybe I should just prepare myself for a day of self flagellation in a couple years when our S&S Free Spin or Standard Three Launch Premier is announced. ugh.

Beast looks fantastic, but let's get back on topic lol

Acceptable topics include:

1. When will we get a hyper coaster.

2. Iron Boss?!?!?!

3. Iron Eagle (which is one of the edgier topics)

4. Coaster Capital of Missouri? What a weird slogan amirite

5. (Insert ride) reverse blast lolz

6. Anybody else HATE the ninja?

7. *pumps up ego* "What this park ACTUALLY needs..."

2. Iron Boss?!?!?!

8. Anything related to the "red-headed stepchild of Six Flags" argument.

All right, so who's up for Ninja: Reverse Blast, the new RMC T-Rex Coaster? That's what Six Flags corporate will bestow upon us next, instead of giving us what the Coaster Capital of Missouri really needs, a hyper coaster.

Yeah, but they'd have to RMC Boss and Eagle to make it fit.

Yes! I love that dumb nickname. It's absurd. Technically speaking, the only "true/original" Six Flags parks are SFOT, SFOG, and SFSL. Every other park would be a step-child or at least an adopted one.

And if SFSL is the "red headed stepchild", then LaRonde & Great Escape would be the creepy neighbor kid who likes to kill cats.

Yes! I love that dumb nickname. It's absurd. Technically speaking, the only "true/original" Six Flags parks are SFOT, SFOG, and SFSL. Every other park would be a step-child or at least an adopted one.

And if SFSL is the "red headed stepchild", then LaRonde & Great Escape would be the creepy neighbor kid who likes to kill cats.

and SFA would be the other redheaded stepchild

2. Iron Boss?!?!?!

Ha ha, you really captured what people talk about all the time concerning this park.