TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Something that I noticed while watching and comparing the SFOT version of JL:BFM to the SFSTL version via last month's construction tour, [snip] in the SFSTL version, you actually go into LexCorp, there's a large computer with multiple different screens on it (only for theming and not to shoot at unless shooting at them can give you points like the multiple easter eggs in SFOT's version) and then after that there's a long stretch of track before you even make it to the barrels at all.[snip]

Is there anything to see on that long stretch of extra track?

WDW and DL both have their own version of the Haunted Mansion ride. The one at WDW is longer and has a far better facade than the one at DL.

However, having ridden both on numerous occasions, I can say that I prefer the one at DL to the one at WDW. Why? Although the WDW version is

longer and has additional scenes (haunted library), the pacing and overall impact of the DL version is better. The extra scenes in the WDW version add

little to the ride experience itself. Indeed, the extra length only serves to make the WDW version seem overdone and more drawn out than the superbly

crafted original DL version.

Whether or not one version of JLBFM will be better than the other depends greatly on each rider's perspective. Some will, no doubt, prefer

the SFSTL version. Others might prefer the SFOT version. That being said, I think any differences in the actual ride experience for each park

will be negligible. The facades not withstanding, I don't think it will be possible to say that one version is clearly better than the other.

What are you talking about? The haunted library MAKES that ride.

Sorry, it did nothing for me.

Something that I noticed while watching and comparing the SFOT version of JL:BFM to the SFSTL version via last month's construction tour, [snip] in the SFSTL version, you actually go into LexCorp, there's a large computer with multiple different screens on it (only for theming and not to shoot at unless shooting at them can give you points like the multiple easter eggs in SFOT's version) and then after that there's a long stretch of track before you even make it to the barrels at all.[snip]

Is there anything to see on that long stretch of extra track?

WDW and DL both have their own version of the Haunted Mansion ride. The one at WDW is longer and has a far better facade than the one at DL.

However, having ridden both on numerous occasions, I can say that I prefer the one at DL to the one at WDW. Why? Although the WDW version is

longer and has additional scenes (haunted library), the pacing and overall impact of the DL version is better. The extra scenes in the WDW version add

little to the ride experience itself. Indeed, the extra length only serves to make the WDW version seem overdone and more drawn out than the superbly

crafted original DL version.

Whether or not one version of JLBFM will be better than the other depends greatly on each rider's perspective. Some will, no doubt, prefer

the SFSTL version. Others might prefer the SFOT version. That being said, I think any differences in the actual ride experience for each park

will be negligible. The facades not withstanding, I don't think it will be possible to say that one version is clearly better than the other.

What are you talking about? The haunted library MAKES that ride.

Sorry, it did nothing for me.

Actually, I was kidding. Guess I should have used an emoticon.

Yeah, I never understood the belief that WDW's HM was better mostly because it had that one extra scene, which frankly isn't that great.

Its mostly just the marble busts, and those are at the DL version in the hallway between the stretching rooms & the loading area. And you can stand there and look at them all you want. And the extra narration at WDW ("our library is stocked...") isn't anything special.

Of course, now that WDW's has the MC Escher stairways scene, it might be better. But only slightly.

And I'll take the original facade, even though its less menacing than the WDW version, any day...

The ride is scheduled to open on May 29 (with media day on the 28th), it's not a final confirmed date yet, the 29th is also Children's Hospital night which is a very important event for the park, so the goal is next Friday.

The 29th is also when a large amount of schools end for summer, so a lot of kids could end up at the park that day.

I had a really good time yesterday at the Park. Here are a few notes from the day.

The Park was very packed. The most packed I've seen it in years. But the lines were not bad at all. Batman had the longest line, but it moved very fast. The landscaping looked nice.

The new façade for JLBFM is awesome! Pictures do not do it justice! Seeing it in person makes you realize how lucky we are to be getting this at our Park, and I cant wait to ride it! Also, the new Superheros vs Villans store is awesome! I loved the merchandise in there!

Pandemonium is in serious need of a paint job.

The Boss was really fun, and felt faster than it did last year, but my goodness is it rough! Especially everything after the MCBR. After that there was lots of jackhammering. My niece banged her head into my shoulder twice. There was a little retracking in the the helix, but it didn't make any difference. Like I said, it was fun, but it needs serious work.

Screaming Eagle was fun, but more rough than last year as well.

Superman Tower of Power was closed the entire day. As was Highland Fling.

I rode Batman in the front for the first time ever. That is definitely a different experience lol!

I saw so many guests in clothing that was so against the dress code lol! I mean, it was bad!

Tsunami Soaker was not busy at all. I was disappointed to see such a nice ride that really cleaned up that part of the Park not be very popular at all.

All in all, it was a really good day, and the Park is looking really nice for the most part. Cant wait to go back for JLBFM.

Just got home from the park today, It was a another very good day at the park.

We arrived just after 2 and headed straight to the waterpark for lunch, stayed in the waterpark for about three hours. The waterpark was not very crowded, short waits for Lazy River, Tube Slides, Bonzai, about a 15 minute wait for Big Kahuna, no wait for speed slides.

The regular park was also very slow when we got into it. I'll save my big news for the end.

Just before 7pm a very large downpour came and really cleared almost everyone out. All rides re-opened by about 7:30-7:45. At this point everything became a walk on. Screaming Eagle was running with 6-8 passengers, Boomerang was running with 8-10 passengers. My boys rode Boomerang 3 times in a row and by the end of the night they said they rode Mr. Freeze, American Thunder, Batman, and Ninja all within 15 minutes.

Anyway ran into Dave before the rain hit and questioned him on when JL:BFM will be open. I asked "So next Friday?", he said, "where did you hear that?", I told him I figured since media day was next Thursday, Friday it would be open. He said, "Think around the park's anniversary", I told him I didn't know when that was, He said, "June 5th". He said they may be a couple "events" before then though.

So anyway according to the Park President, it looks like June 5th. Sorry to disappoint those that were making visits late this week.

That's ridiculous. The SFOT version is already open and you guys have to wait until June? So they're going to keep this thing closed for a whole

week after media day?

Oh....I'm sorry. It was actually my idea. I thought it might be fun to keep it closed for some extra time. Now that you mention it, keeping a new ride closed for no reason at all instead of opening it as soon as humanly possible does seem a bit silly.

I don't know if this has changed since the 21st but the lines in the park were incredibly long while the park itself was not very busy mainly only schools and some teenagers or young adults. Superman was closed all day which was slightly disappointing. The reason that the lines were very long is because they only had 1 train on every ride excluding batman. Other than the extra long waits I was able to ride everything, including The Boss in the front row! Six Flags had improved everything from small details to things like down times on rides( the Batman was the only ride down and only for a short amount of time). I can not wait to see the future for this beautiful park.

At the park right now. Boomerang is stuck on the second lift hill.

Yep, it did that when we still had it. Take my advice, blow the damned thing up and build something useful in It's place-

like a garden!!!

I think a bumper cars would be fantastic in that location.

At the park right now. Boomerang is stuck on the second lift hill.

Yep, it did that when we still had it. Take my advice, blow the damned thing up and build something useful in It's place-

like a garden!!!

I think a bumper cars would be fantastic in that location.

That's funny! Those were my exact thoughts as well. I still get a kick out of the people that believe it is a brand new ride that was just installed a few years ago.

Just left SFSTL after an enjoyable day at the park. Most rides were walk-ons or station waits, except for Mr. Freeze and Boomerang.

Justice League looks freaking awesome. Got the $15 shirt that comes with a skip the line pass, which should come in handy. (Apparently I was the first to buy one, at least from the specific shop I got it from.)

Sad to see Highland Fling already down again. Superman's down as well, and a few of the kiddie rides were too.

Will there really be Passholder previews for Justice League or is it just going to open up to the General Public?

If you ask me the ride should already be open. There are guests at SFOT riding our JLBFM even as we speak. And you guys have to wait until

June 5th, even though the ride is probably completed and ready to take on guests. I think it's totally unfair to make you guys wait so long.

Media day is still scheduled for Thursday morning and the ride is likely going to be open on Friday night for the Children's Hospital buyout. When it will be open to the public is still a question and since the park hasn't announced anything yet it may not be open this weekend, but it still could be.

Media day is still scheduled for Thursday morning and the ride is likely going to be open on Friday night for the Children's Hospital buyout. When it will be open to the public is still a question and since the park hasn't announced anything yet it may not be open this weekend, but it still could be.

OMG I could be one of the first people to ride it!!! June 5th does seem a little late, especially if they are doing media day tomorrow.