TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I meant to post this the other day... But I really think the Screaming Eagle is riding the best it has been in several years. I've noticed a lot of newer wood in a few places. I wonder if they'll have any plans on celebrating it's 40th anniversary next season. I remember when this was in full color when I was a kid...would love to see it restored.

Where is that located? I don't remember seeing that when I was at the park in 2010. I can imagine what it looked like back in the early days and I agree that it should be restored. Very happy to hear that Screamin' Eagle is running well. It ended up being my favorite ride in the park.

It's in the queue line of the Screaming Eagle. If you're not waiting in line very long you really won't notice it.

I miss Eagle's old queue line, period.

Do they still route the Entrance and Exit through that games area? That never made sense to me. Then to leave the first Queue Station abandoned, why?? If they were going to remove it for a new Flat or something then I would understand, but I imagine it is still there serving no purpose.

Do they still route the Entrance and Exit through that games area? That never made sense to me. Then to leave the first Queue Station abandoned, why?? If they were going to remove it for a new Flat or something then I would understand, but I imagine it is still there serving no purpose.

Yes the entrance and exit are about 10 feet apart at the end of the games alley.

Isn't the old queue still used except for the very beginning? Isn't the old entrance currently in the smoking area near Old Glory?

I hate the location of Screamin' Eagle's queue entrance. It was very difficult to find, and the old entrance is very misleading. I'm sure the reason it's located in its current location is to try to get people to play the damn games so they'll make more money.

The exit has always gone through that games area. They moved the entrance there for ADA. It bypasses the stairs at the beginning of the old queue; the rest is all ADA-compliant ramps. The stairs at the exit couldn't be modified because the transfer track is so close, so moving the entrance was the only option.

^Well at least that makes sense. I still don't like it.

Welllllllllllll, technically they didn't need to make SE meet the ADA's requirements, due to its age, so it isn't wheelchair accessible. While I always really enjoyed SE in the past, I understand that retrofitting the ride to be wheelchair accessible isn't really feasible (like the submarines at Disneyland). Still a beautiful ride to have up on the hill there!

How are the crowds in May and early June? I plan on going on a weekday so I assume it wont be bad. Is the Xcalibur ride still there? Just wondering if it is running normally. I never got to ride it when it was at SFGA.

Does anyone know if you can add a season pass tube rental to the memberships?

Yes! You can add any of the cool pass add-ons (like the tube pass, dining pass, go-kart pass, dragons wing pass, etc) at any time. However, you won't get a monthly membership version, you'll just get the $29.99 per season version, which will work best honestly. I'd suggest buying it at the season pass service center rather than online, as you will have to go their either way to get it physically added to the pass. Plus, you'll save the $8.99 online order processing fee! Then, before you know it, the waterpark will be open and you'll be relaxing in the lazy river.

Good to know HWFan. Thanks for the answer. Now if only they would make it to where I can add to my existing memberships. I'll have to add my son next year and don't want to cancel my current memberships (we have the cheaper dining pass) and create a new account or have 2 separate accounts. There should be an option to add at the current rate.

Heard on a radio station that there's going to be some sort of sweepstakes to ride JL:BFM on the 22MD before anyone else as a kinda VIP event apparently

Sounds kinda cool! ^-^

I think all interior construction is complete now

All that needs to be done is the facade and a couple last details and thematic elements in the queue and stuff like that

First time posting. I'm very excited by the new Justice League ride however I was a huge fan of the original ride Injun Joe's Cave. I've been trying for years to get some kind of information on the ride. It seems other then a few scattered pictures here and there, there's nothing whatsoever out there. Unless I was mistaken I thought I read the current president of the park has been there since 73? Does anyone know if the park keeps any kind of records or documentation of past rides? I've been wanting to put up a webpage about the history of the original attraction. Does anyone know what they did with the props and animatronics from it? I'm wondering if perhaps some of them are mothballed in a warehouse somewhere or if they were just discarded. It was a regional theme so there was no reason to ship it to another park. If anyone can answer some questions I would be greatly appreciative.

I had a thread on Sfstl.net but the site has went down. Anyone know what happened to them?

Thanks an advance for any help.

Good to know HWFan. Thanks for the answer. Now if only they would make it to where I can add to my existing memberships. I'll have to add my son next year and don't want to cancel my current memberships (we have the cheaper dining pass) and create a new account or have 2 separate accounts. There should be an option to add at the current rate.

Unfortunately, it all just has to do with the legal, contractual aspect of the membership program. However, I am sorry for the inconvenience!

All that needs to be done is the facade and a couple last details and thematic elements in the queue and stuff like that

First, I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear that testing has been going on for a while now. Of course, it has to start with the vehicles just crawling through the course, then add speed, then add the stops/timing, then spinning, etc. Everything is going really well, and the park & designers couldn't be more pleased, from what I've heard!

Second, the facade is starting to really look good! Most of the large, approximately 25ft columns are already finished completely with the faux marbling and everything. If anyone is in the park this weekend, you'll notice that some of the paint has run down the facade in a couple places on the front entrance part. Luckily, this was just the base layer and had been painted yesterday morning before the torrential downpours started. I passed the paint crews as they were headed out of the park at around 10:00am. Still, the facade is perfectly on schedule, even with the rainy days here and there.

There is not a ton of info./pictures out there of Injun Joe's Cave. I know that the ride system/boats were designed by Arrow Development, but all the sets were designed and built in house by SFOMA. I'm pretty sure that when the ride became the Time Tunnel and then Legends Of The Dark Castle, both versions were also done in house by SFOMA. I can never find out who the designer of Castaway Kids was. When the ride became Scooby-Doo, Sally Corp. heavily modified the boats and other parts of the ride. Of course now everything but the building has changed to become Justice League.

I guarantee that nothing to do with any of the past versions is still at the park anywhere (except for a few Scooby props), it's been 36 years since Injun Joe's Cave became the Time Tunnel.

Edited by SFZIP

First, I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear that testing has been going on for a while now. Of course, it has to start with the vehicles just crawling through the course, then add speed, then add the stops/timing, then spinning, etc. Everything is going really well, and the park & designers couldn't be more pleased, from what I've heard!

Second, the facade is starting to really look good! Most of the large, approximately 25ft columns are already finished completely with the faux marbling and everything. If anyone is in the park this weekend, you'll notice that some of the paint has run down the facade in a couple places on the front entrance part. Luckily, this was just the base layer and had been painted yesterday morning before the torrential downpours started. I passed the paint crews as they were headed out of the park at around 10:00am. Still, the facade is perfectly on schedule, even with the rainy days here and there.

Yes! I'm loving the updates! I'm glad that everything is still on track and should be ready to open soon! I can't wait!

There is not a ton of info./pictures out there of Injun Joe's Cave. I know that the ride system/boats were designed by Arrow Development, but all the sets were designed and built in house by SFOMA. I'm pretty sure that when the ride became the Time Tunnel and then Legends Of The Dark Castle, both versions were also done in house by SFOMA. I can never find out who the designer of Castaway Kids was. When the ride became Scooby-Doo, Sally Corp. heavily modified the boats and other parts of the ride. Of course now everything but the building has changed to become Justice League.

I guarantee that nothing to do with any of the past versions is still at the park anywhere (except for a few Scooby props), it's been 35 years since Injun Joe's Cave became the Time Tunnel.

It's a real shame to think cool props such as the Indian Skeleton is rotting away in a landfill somewhere.

CanoeIndian.jpg.c2b3b48a073a4ee767ec0c9c85106909.jpg