TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Adjustments to Freeze... aka fixing it... aka turning it back around?

I promise I would never b**** about SFStl again if this happened.

well... never is a strong word

Construction seems to have been going on slowly, since most of the major parts for the ride were not at the park until this week. The new que/entrance building has had all the steel suports up, but none of the new "skin" is on the new addition area. Almost all the construction is happening inside the building and it's probably nothing really major, but that should all change pretty quickly. The exit for the ride will go through the small shop across from JB's (also the exit for Shazam!), the store will be remodeled and become Superheroes vs. Villians. The ride will not open until May 23 and hopefully sometime Six Flags will say what the secret elements for the ride are, because there are a couple of virtual firsts included.

Construction seems to have been going on slowly, since most of the major parts for the ride were not at the park until this week. The new que/entrance building has had all the steel suports up, but none of the new "skin" is on the new addition area. Almost all the construction is happening inside the building and it's probably nothing really major, but that should all change pretty quickly. The exit for the ride will go through the small shop across from JB's (also the exit for Shazam!), the store will be remodeled and become Superheroes vs. Villians. The ride will not open until May 23 and hopefully sometime Six Flags will say what the secret elements for the ride are, because there are a couple of virtual firsts included.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait for some pictures of construction and I can't wait to hear about the secret elements.

Adjustments to Freeze... aka fixing it... aka turning it back around?

I promise I would never b**** about SFStl again if this happened.

I would be more excited if they made things right with Freeze again than for the dark ride. Does anyone know why this is taking so long?

Considering Missouri is like the one state in practically the whole country that hasn't been bombarded with snow this winter, they really have no excuse for not being schedule with the new ride (if that is the case)...

I think the biggest thing is we don't know what their timeline is. I think we could have had a miracle and been ready opening-not likley. It's possible that we're looking at a memorial weekend opening-still doubt it. In reality probably the mid/late June opening as in years past.

So they are probably on schedule, THEIR schedule.

Considering Missouri is like the one state in practically the whole country that hasn't been bombarded with snow this winter, they really have no excuse for not being schedule with the new ride (if that is the case)...

You can't blame the park when they haven't gotten a lot of the supplies from the manufacturer yet.

The original schedule called for parts to really start being delivered and going right in at the end of January, which it seems the late shipments are at least a month off of this schedule. Seems like it's probably a manufacturer thing.

It should be open by mid-to-late June. Hopefully by the 6th if you're lucky. One thing about Six Flags parks - they almost never open rides at the beginning of the season. They wait until at least Memorial Day (at the earliest) or whenever the park starts getting big summer crowds. It's part of their marketing strategy - if you see a new ride being built while visiting the park in April/May, it's more likely that you'll come back a second time that year to ride it.

It should be open by mid-to-late June. Hopefully by the 6th if you're lucky. One thing about Six Flags parks - they almost never open rides at the beginning of the season. They wait until at least Memorial Day (at the earliest) or whenever the park starts getting big summer crowds. It's part of their marketing strategy - if you see a new ride being built while visiting the park in April/May, it's more likely that you'll come back a second time that year to ride it.

Oh my! I hope they'll be finish by that time. I'll be on my way to Minnesota and would love to stop by. I don't like to visit a theme park when new rides aren't finish. Oh well. All I can do is wait at this point.

Is this information you got from an employee, or is this just a prediction?