TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I know I'll get knocked for this, but personally speaking nothing compares to seeing Cedar Point as you drive up the causeway. But, anyway, let's get back on topic.

I wonder how Evel Knievel will compare with Boss? The one time I rode Boss, I didn't mind it, but my sister who still lives in St. Louis says it's gotten rough in years since.

I know I'll get knocked for this, but personally speaking nothing compares to seeing Cedar Point as you drive up the causeway. But, anyway, let's get back on topic.

I wonder how Evel Knievel will compare with Boss? The one time I rode Boss, I didn't mind it, but my sister who still lives in St. Louis says it's gotten rough in years since.

You mean this?:

Yea I'd say that's pretty impressive.

As far as the EK vs Boss thing goes, Ive thought about it some, and I just don't know if EK can beat it. I seem to be one of the few people who always catches good rides on Boss. My rides are always filled with great laterals, loads of airtime, and smoothness. It will be a tough act to beat, I mean c'mon, even Evel Knievel had to have had a Boss!

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

As far as I know, I may still enjoy Boss. It's just that I've only ridden it once, and my sister, who is not a coaster enthusiast, says it has gotten rough. The last time I rode it, the Villain at GL was still relatively new, and so was Boss. I liked riding Villain, but later on it got to be pretty much un-ridable (and now it is un-ridable in any capacity). I just don't know from personal experience how Boss's ride has fared. It's definetly time to visit SFStl again.

Boss has gotten rough but some rides are better than others.

For example, in early June I had an amazing night ride right before closing. Loads of airtime and a lot of laterals. Not one spot where it was rough. By far my best ride on it last year.

Then in mid July I had a horrible ride. No forces. I couldn't count all the areas where it was rough. Came off of it with a headache and LIMPING! My worst ride ever.

So honestly it just come down to when you ride it.

I just hope that the major retracking it is receiving helps because the Boss is a awsome ride, even when it is painful.

Boss has gotten rough but some rides are better than others.

For example, in early June I had an amazing night ride right before closing. Loads of airtime and a lot of laterals. Not one spot where it was rough. By far my best ride on it last year.

Then in mid July I had a horrible ride. No forces. I couldn't count all the areas where it was rough. Came off of it with a headache and LIMPING! My worst ride ever.

So honestly it just come down to when you ride it.

I just hope that the major retracking it is receiving helps because the Boss is a awsome ride, even when it is painful.

The Boss has ALWAYS been rough. I remember being at media day when they used a PTC train from the Screamin' Eagle on the Boss. It was rough, but a fun ride. I did end up with several huge bruises that day. Part of the problem is when you drop a coaster off a 100+ foot hill and make it turn with little banking, yeah, your gonna get slammed. They have worked quite a bit on this ride over the years, and I think it has gotten better. However, I think it is one of the most wishy-washy coasters out there. The performance of the ride greatly varies from ride to ride, train to train, and seat to seat. I've had back to back rides on this thing and one ride can be awesome, and the next is ridiculously horrible. I know they are doing some work on it this off-season. If GCII would give them a few tips on banking, and SF would spring for some PTCs, I think that ride could be a top 5.

• 2 weeks later...
The new update is amazing. Progress is moving very well. I expect to see it maybe open before summer starts. It looks like this is going to be a really exciting ride. A little bit short though.

Last I heard, if all goes well the ride should open around Memorial Day.

Yeah the ride is gonna be a little short (track length is about as long as Batman's) but it is still going be an awesome ride.....just look at all of those bunny hops .

I typically hesitate to self-promote, but we got a few new photos on the Intern Site, including a good one of the massive bents being stood up. I mentioned having worked on these bents in the blog, but they incorporate the lift, transfer building, and beginning of the S-curve, so they're pretty intense to both design and construct.

Hope you can appreciate them like I do

Intern Site

Edit: Sorry, they're down for a bit, but will be back. It figures... the one time I post it here...

Great photos. You got some really good angles of the coaster. To confirm, you are right about the brake run.

[The last photo is what I was referring to in my above post that I removed from the Intern Site for a bit.]

Edit: Sorry, I thought you had taken them... by "you", I suppose I mean whoever posted them.

The opening date for this coaster is really scheduled for July 4th? I was randomly looking for airfare from Philly, checking out the Phillies site as well, and found the Phils are playing the Cards June 14-15. It would be cool to go to a game and then the park the next day of the weekend.