TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Also, it seems that SF St.louis is getting all the attention, theres the other SF parks too!

You have got to be kidding! Well, maybe not kidding, but St. Louis deserves everything it's getting. Prior to this year, the last coaster they got was Boss in 2000, which has pretty much gone to crap. For such a huge market St. Louis is, it's ridiculous that the park hasn't grown more than it has. All of this is well deserved. Look at the other original SF parks. SFOG is great. SFOT is great. SFStL got the shaft! Now they are hopefully realizing it's a major market and giving it what it deserves!

I'm amped about this. It's nice to finally be getting some GCIs in the area. I agree, painting the ride white would make it look slick and fit well with the theme, but at the same time, after a year or two, the rides really start looking like crap. Either way, it's about time. THBS was a nice addition this year, but this definitely raises the caliber of the park.

I just wish SFSTL would break the mold and paint the ride white. Since the coaster is themed to Evil Knievel anyway, how much more 70s could you get than by painting it white? In any case I say bring it on!

Awesome idea! The trains could have the blue, red, and white theme like Evel's ride suit, too, haha.

This coaster looks really good, and gives me more motivation to get my ass to planning the Missouri Vulva Excursion for next year!

This really isn't like Thunderbird...I am not sure why everyone keeps comparing the two other than the manufacturer.

Many GCIs look similar.

Compare this:

With this:

Photo taken from rcdb.com

It's pretty much the exact same layout.

If they are starting construction already (clearing land), why is it opening in mid summer. Man, I was so excited for opening weekend.

I'm guessing Six Flags is playing smart and instead of looking bad incase they have to delay the opening, they are giving themselves a cushion so they can open it when it's ready without disappointment. Either way, they are getting a new GCI!!! Jackpot!

Looks like another trip to SFStL will be in order with two new credits.

I think six flags is really up to something. Two new rollercoasters in a row at what, the smallest park in the chain now that SFEG is gone??

Anyway, this is awesome. KC is only about 4 or less hours away.

I dont why, but I get excited when I hear a new woodie being built, even if it's on the other side of the world. I have YET to ride a millineum flyers GCI or a GG coaster and I cant wait till i get a chance to ride one. Guess i'll have to add SFSTL on list of parks to visit in the future ...

While this looks like another nicely designed GCI ride, there's one question about theming Evel Kinevel.

Will it have a ring of fire and 20 buses under an airtime hill?

Again, SFStL has been needing some love and Shapiro has been adding some nice additions to the park. With THBS and now EK, glad to see some decent new thrills added into the park.

I just wish SFSTL would break the mold and paint the ride white. Since the coaster is themed to Evil Knievel anyway, how much more 70s could you get than by painting it white? In any case I say bring it on!

Awesome idea! The trains could have the blue, red, and white theme like Evel's ride suit, too, haha.

This coaster looks really good, and gives me more motivation to get my a$$ to planning the Missouri Vulva Excursion for next year!

I agreed to an extent...but then the park already has a wood coaster that's white.

Awesome, and while appearing to be family friendly, this looks like it will still be a great coaster. Although having another coaster named after an athlete is strange, this still looks like a good addition for the park. The layout looks like a lot of fun, and I'm definitely going to try to go down there next year.

Airtime-I just don't like the name-&Gravity

this is so exciting, 2 new coasters in a day, this is a treat for SFSTL because GCI's are fantastic and re-rideable too. Honestly I'm not a fan of the name at all, Evel Knievel is amazing, but I don't think a coaster needs to be named after him. But, nonetheless, this will be quite a thrill and gives Ozark Wildcat some competetion being 3 1/2 hours southwest of there!

GCI's really coming with some great design's these past couple years. All of them look fresh and fun, more then I can say for most steel coaster's coming out these days and they have more they can work with.

I just wish that Six Flags could like you know... build better experiences beyond the ride. Why Evil Kineival and Tony Hawk? I thought Evil Kineival was dead! I'm not even kidding you. And if it's not one of those two, it's another Goliath. Come on Six Flags! I thought you wanted to build an experience, not a day trip because the homies just wanna hang out.

^Yeah, but then again this ride is a clone, but at least it's a really good clone.

I think I hate the name and theme more every time I hear about it. I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if this was some sort of steel coaster that did tricks, or even a wooden coaster with some allusions or something, but as it is, it's just tacky and lame. Honestly, any animal name would have worked better. Badger: the ride, would have been cute.

Shapiro needs to travel to parks in Europe and Japan and get ideas. It appears that they bought a few coasters and put the names in a hat and had a drawing to see what park was gonna get what. It is cheaper not to theme the coasters at all and put them there. People keep saying that SF wasnt intended to be destinations spots but why not. I would travel to anypark if it had something unusual to get me there. I have traveled all over the US to go to parks and I would go to SFSTL if it had something different. I have ridden Mr Freeze and Tony Hawk in Texas already, but I do have the desire to ride Boss, but I wont go there just to ride one ride.