TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

Soon, the cost to Park will be more than a Season Pass.

most every level of Season Pass includes parking.  (and with SO many sales bumping Gold pass to Platinum for free (that includes the parking) - if you're going even once, it makes sense to purchase the pass, just for parking privileges.

• Like 1

Lol, if you guys think the regular parking lot is bad you should see the employee lot. Looks like the aftermath of a nuclear war, which is sometimes enhanced by broken down ride carcasses living there. Although no guests can really see it, but every little thing to attract workers. Just saying.

I'm ok with them just getting rid of the original themed areas at this point because as so many have pointed out, they are pretty much non existent anyway now. I would love it if they took one of the not often used buildings and made a little history museum type thing showing the park history (ala CP's town hall) and original "lands" and rides and how they connected to the history of the STL area, etc. etc. I do realize only history nerds like me and old people looking for air conditioning would probably frequent it but it would still be cool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

Lol, if you guys think the regular parking lot is bad you should see the employee lot. Looks like the aftermath of a nuclear war, which is sometimes enhanced by broken down ride carcasses living there. Although no guests can really see it, but every little thing to attract workers. Just saying.

I'm ok with them just getting rid of the original themed areas at this point because as so many have pointed out, they are pretty much non existent anyway now. I would love it if they took one of the not often used buildings and made a little history museum type thing showing the park history (ala CP's town hall) and original "lands" and rides and how they connected to the history of the STL area, etc. etc. I do realize only history nerds like me and old people looking for air conditioning would probably would frequent it but it would still be cool.

I think the history thing is awesome. Kids today don't know any better but prior to the Premier Parks days the park was pretty well kept and themed. Sad the world we live in today made the park stop flagging it's Six Flags and now only flying American flags. 

3 hours ago, bert425 said:

most every level of Season Pass includes parking.  (and with SO many sales bumping Gold pass to Platinum for free (that includes the parking) - if you're going even once, it makes sense to purchase the pass, just for parking privileges.

just making a Joke...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

I am all for making the park look better - however that should also include fixing any and all lighting packages and the parking lot.

Their response to that is to add more color floods to the ride so that way they don't have to go in and individually replace every bulb/led strip that is burnt or broke. And honestly they don't like lighting the park in general at night.. I remember a few years ago during one of their ert/after party events, the whole "western' side past Ninja all the way to mine train was blacker than black. Same can be said by log flume.

Parking lot just needs to be ripped out period and start from scratch, figure a new layout with better flow and more "premium" feeling parking spaces and access to them for those who pay for them. I say that should start with the parking plaza and have some automation for those with passes and a quick scan for those with online parking tickets. Add some better parking lot picnic areas like Holiday World does, and more trees for shade in the southern sun.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:49 PM, jamesk25 said:

In the theme of trying to stay positive, under the current CEO trying to make the park name more premium to the likes of Cedar Fair, maybe the "beautifying" is going to be more yearly spread throughout the park. Sure it is nothing compared to throwing big bucks at one major complete park redo;  but what we are getting now is more than just flowers and paint. Again sure it's small and nothing compared to the next big thrill, but for locals who go year after year it's nice to see things get less run down more quickly than in years past.

Again. This same beautification strategy is decided on every other year. It's like the fat guy on week 1 of his New Years Resolution diet thinking he's going to keep it up for years.

18 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Yeah - I haven't paid for parking in over 20 years. Additionally people don't complain to park downtown for $40 to see the game and then pay for the game itself. 

They don't?

48 minutes ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

In my conversation ppl always say six flags is way to expensive but don’t say the same thing about going to the cards game. They are too in love with the game to complain. 

Well. Facially Busch Stadium isn't considered to be run-down (downtown itself is a different discussion entirely of course) and has a generally good guest experience. Despite the fact that it is actually more expensive than Six Flags people don't notice because they view it as a good experience. Six Flags just isn't viewed as positively.

I have a feeling I'm making the same point you are here.

27 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

Well. Facially Busch Stadium isn't considered to be run-down (downtown itself is a different discussion entirely of course) and has a generally good guest experience. Despite the fact that it is actually more expensive than Six Flags people don't notice because they view it as a good experience. Six Flags just isn't viewed as positively.

I have a feeling I'm making the same point you are here.

Yes you are. 

Trying to compare what people spend money on isn't generally helpful. It really has nothing to do with the amount, it's what is a priority to you. Comparing a Cardinals game with a Six Flags day only works if you love both equally, most people will have a preference of one over the other. Same with whether or not you consider the park rundown or not, that is subjective and totally a matter of perspective.

13 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

Parking lot just needs to be ripped out period and start from scratch, figure a new layout with better flow and more "premium" feeling parking spaces and access to them for those who pay for them. I say that should start with the parking plaza and have some automation for those with passes and a quick scan for those with online parking tickets. Add some better parking lot picnic areas like Holiday World does, and more trees for shade in the southern sun.

I don't know that I want them to spend the money to rip out the parking lot and start over BUT I do agree the flow could be improved fairly easily. For example if they just moved the entrance to the preferred parking to the other side right after you come through the tollbooth that would eliminate the need to go all the way around the lot and basically end up right where you started AND the security guard at the pp entrance could keep an eye on people that say they are just dropping off, pull in free to the drop off and let their kids out and then as they appear to be leaving park in the regular lot without anyone noticing. Yes, I know for a fact this has happened,  😏, I don't think it happens a lot but it has happened; and no it wasn't me.

Also, I am pretty certain that there used to be picnic tables in the little green zone between the drive up to the tollbooths and the drive away from the tollbooths. Am I remembering that correctly?

51 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

Also, I am pretty certain that there used to be picnic tables in the little green zone between the drive up to the tollbooths and the drive away from the tollbooths. Am I remembering that correctly?

You're correct. That area was maintained and was a nice picnic area. I believe all 3 original Six Flags parks featured this but I don't know where Over Georgia's is/was (my guess might be the area that Goliath's turnaround now occupies) - the only one with a functional picnic area now is Over Texas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

Am I remembering that correctly?

Danrarbc beat me to it, but I did find some throwback pictures of the park along with the 1971 park map with the picnic area in the bottom left.

map_03-07-22_300dpi_23.31x28.70_INV3571c-scaled.jpg

533698_800.jpg

531031_800.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

The only one with a functional picnic area now is Over Texas.

Really wish Six Flags would invest in some sort of parking picnic structure like Holiday World does, I always thought that was a nice feature for family's and large groups that don't need a flashy corner of the park to host their picnics.

Honestly why couldn't the park invest in that old greenway, turn it into a new modern closed off picnic area for the fancy party's and use the current picnic as a modern tribute to the old antique moon cars.

Just now, jamesk25 said:

Really wish Six Flags would invest in some sort of parking picnic structure like Holiday World does, I always thought that was a nice feature for family's and large groups that don't need a flashy corner of the park to host their picnics.

Honestly why couldn't the park invest in that old greenway, turn it into a new modern closed off picnic area for the fancy party's and use the current picnic as a modern tribute to the old antique moon cars.

Groups that want to pay for an area to gather want easy access to the park to be included - having to cross the parking lot wouldn't really provide that amenity.

Modernizing the traffic flow in to the lot and providing a real drop off loop would actually probably require eating in to that green area more so that they could have a drop off exit road basically where the current entry road is now and the entrance road would move slightly south, the toll plaza could be rotated 90 degrees and be near the kennel.*

*I don't expect any of this to happen. This is just how something like this could work. ~14 gates, 8 of them self-service terminals and 6 manned gates. Some number of the self-service gates would be dedicated to preferred parking and have the easiest access to it.

I just wanted to share some photos from Facebook regarding Xcalibur. Other news I'm hearing is that the pizza joint next to Supergirl is being expanded into the arcade and renovated, and that roller coaster trains around the park have been refreshed either with paint or wrap.

I'll probably be heading out next weekend if weather is good.

338548091_2361382200702905_6435506016414410815_n.jpg

339286257_210912014961926_7266633945098685103_n.jpg

Credit: Facebook

Also just saw someone on Facebook posting a picture of the dragon wing area blocked off and the wing gone also.

339558967_730333481918840_7980892834012434693_n.thumb.jpg.c19f40de7d5c25600c327e7d5921aaed.jpg

Credit: Facebook

@Danrarbc

Looks like you hit close to how they will lay out Rookie Racer, interesting though the station will be closer to Boss lift then and also part of it looks like it will over the tracks.

Edited by jamesk25
Look below at Danrarbc park map, much clearer

10 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

That area was maintained and was a nice picnic area. I believe all 3 original Six Flags parks featured this but I don't know where Over Georgia's is/was (my guess might be the area that Goliath's turnaround now occupies) - 

They took our picnic tables out in preparation for Goliath's turnaround to go there...

Well I guess the photos I took today are redundant. I'll leave them below in no particular order.

I will also note though. The entire entrance does have new concrete and the entrance bathrooms are being remodeled. Also the old game in front of Ninja has been turned in to a seating area. Also all of the basketball games have been replaced. Oh - and at least one section of Thunder River's trough has been redone.

20230401_185809.jpg

20230401_181746.jpg

20230401_181728.jpg

20230401_180456.jpg

20230401_180332.jpg

20230401_165342.jpg

20230401_165303.jpg

20230401_170419.jpg

20230401_170441.jpg

20230401_170633.jpg

20230401_170721.jpg

20230401_174600.jpg

20230401_175818.jpg

20230401_180011.jpg

20230401_180020.jpg

20230401_180212.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

Well I guess the photos I took today are redundant.

Not at all redundant, more pics the better I think, very fascinating everything happening around the park. Did you get any pics of any of the roller coaster trains? I heard ninja had a new wrap and possibly others. Also any sign of the new coaster or even what's left of Xcalibur?

I also wonder if the days of the arcade games are almost done, SFStL looks to have removed a good chunk of the selection that was still there. But I really like what they did with Ninjas old arcade.

Oh and did they remove Evil Knievel ramp sign? Is there a new one if they did?

Overall like the changes, small but refreshes some ares.

They also  removed the Mall of America and Dave (old park president) signs/plaque  that used the be at the water fountain. The Mall of America sign was one of the last things that still said Six Flags Over Mid-America with the original flags of the park. 

5 minutes ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

They also  removed the Mall of America and Dave (old park president) signs/plaque  that used the be at the water fountain. The Mall of America sign was one of the last things that still said Six Flags Over Mid-America with the original flags of the park. 

I wonder if its just temporary and they will replace them after being refurbished or maybe a newer updated sign?