TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

On 3/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, jamesk25 said:

On another topic,

City Museum aquires Sea Dragon

Now wonder if they will stick it up on the roof along with the ferris wheel.

I say this is pretty cool, but will it be functional?

Screenshot_2023-03-16-16-02-58-03_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Yes it is going on the roof and according to it showing up on a attractions list it does appear they'll be operating it.

As far as swinging ship rides go it really isn't that old. Joker (Buccaneer) is 16 years older.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danrarbc said:

Yes it is going on the roof and according to it showing up on a attractions list it does appear they'll be operating it.

It would be awesome if they had the boat swinging out over the buildings edge. Give the Dragon a bit of an "edge" 😂

On 3/23/2023 at 1:46 PM, grsupercity said:

picture or it didnt happen lol

Can confirm from an eyewitness that lives in my house; Dragon's Wing AND Excalibur are no more, pictures were not allowed but everyone can see for themselves in 6 days.  RIP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

Looks like the front by the gates is getting some new concrete 👍

Can't wait to see what other new improvements they made.

Screenshot_2023-03-28-17-42-08-66_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Same! Quite a few of the Six Flags parks have been working on numerous infrastructure and beautification projects and I’ll be excited to see what else Six Flags St. Louis has in store. I don’t know if my boyfriend and I will be able to make it out for opening weekend, but definitely the weekend after. 

I’ll be excited to see the progress on Rookie Racer. Looking back at the concept art, it looks like they’ll build a little plaza for it as well as a viewing/seating area beside the coaster. I really hope they reroute Boss’ queue to have its entrance at this plaza.

6 hours ago, LegendLover said:

Same! Quite a few of the Six Flags parks have been working on numerous infrastructure and beautification projects and I’ll be excited to see what else Six Flags St. Louis has in store.

I call this upkeep. Otherwise, the park has been working on "beautification projects" since as long as I have been on SFSTL.net.

"This year the park is focusing on landscaping and painting." I do this every spring. Hell, I even replaced some aged concrete a few years ago. I painted my livingroom this year. 

Six Flags has been grasping at relevance with the least amount of money and effort, year after year.

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

I call this upkeep. Otherwise, the park has been working on "beautification projects" since as long as I have been on SFSTL.net.

"This year the park is focusing on landscaping and painting." I do this every spring. Hell, I even replaced some aged concrete a few years ago. I painted my livingroom this year. 

Six Flags has been grasping at relevance with the least amount of money and effort, year after year.

That may be the case. However, we’ve been stuck with Six Flags CEOs for the past ten years that valued allocating funds for cheap new rides to each park rather than allocating funds to park upkeep and beautification projects. 

It’s just nice to see leadership in place that values the importance of park upkeep and atmosphere again. 🤷‍♂️ 

16 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

Looks like the front by the gates is getting some new concrete 👍

Can't wait to see what other new improvements they made.

I wondered if the rest of the entry plaza would get love after the new entrance went in and apparently it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

I wondered if the rest of the entry plaza would get love after the new entrance went in and apparently it is.

I still want to see the gates/locker/bathroom area get a redo, maybe even modernize/update the worn facades. But it's great seeing so much visual improvements in such a short amount of time around the park.

7 hours ago, LegendLover said:

That may be the case. However, we’ve been stuck with Six Flags CEOs for the past ten years that valued allocating funds for cheap new rides to each park rather than allocating funds to park upkeep and beautification projects. 

It’s just nice to see leadership in place that values the importance of park upkeep and atmosphere again. 🤷‍♂️ 

Are you kidding me? It's literally the same conversation over and over again year after year, with every CEO, in the 15+ years I've been a roller coaster forum nerd.

10 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I think the park has been getting better at overall "beautifying" since 2018/2019.

Look at it like this, Screaming Eagle had its god awful looking arcade and entrance removed and revamped, the front plaza got a fresh overall new look and opened up with the removal of the ticket booths.

The never going to be completely done carousel is getting somewhere, also while Xclaibur and Go Carts got yanked at least we will be seeing their areas hopefully revamp over the next few years.

Once we see another big coaster or RMC Boss, I think the park will throw the big money to really shine up whatever area needs it the most.

Honest opinion, what area does everyone think needs the TLC in the park? I say the whole "west" area needs to go since there ain't much left over there theme wise. I could also say the log flume area, it's always dead, Shazam should be relocated and possibly find something else to replace the log flume since it's bond to happen anyway. Also I think the toll plaza needs to be refreshed as well, maybe make it a bit more automated scan and drive.

• Like 1

Log Flume better not go anywhere. They've been renovating the flumes themselves recently. That stretch at the front is a bit challenged though thanks to the dark ride building backing almost all the way up to the midway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Are you kidding me? It's literally the same conversation over and over again year after year, with every CEO, in the 15+ years I've been a roller coaster forum nerd.

I hate to say it bro but I don’t remember a single time that Jim Reid Anderson talked about beautifying the parks. 🤷‍♂️ It was the additions post Sky Screamer that really made the Illinois section look themeless. Fireball replacing Rush Street Flyer and the removal of Tidal Wave really have made that section look terrible. 

Something my partner and I were talking about that we liked the sound of is if they did replace the log flume with one of those Zamperla flume/family coaster models. That way the area could be opened up and maybe connect the path over there to Britannia to create better flow for the park. 

The two sections I’d really like to see addressed first would be Britannia and the Illinois section. The Illinois section is the worst-looking section of the park I think, and I’d love to see Tidal Wave’s spot finally filled, perhaps either with a large flat ride or a Power Splash. I’d also love to see Fireball removed for a new beer garden or restaurant or something, especially with the sheer amount of super loops being removed from the Six Flags parks. 

Other than that, I actually would like to see the Britannia section get a refresh, and I think that’s coming with Rookie Racer, the Carousel renovation, and the removal of Dragon’s Wing, Go-Karts, and Excalibur. What I hope for, and what I think is most likely for next year, I think we will finally see a few sections of Titan Track on Boss (since the queue is getting reworked this year) and a flat ride replacement for Excalibur. Call me crazy, but what I’d actually love to see is Supergirl being moved to the spot of Excalibur and being rethemed to Highland Fling, then have the Moon Cars return to the park where Supergirl and Dragon’s Wing were, or just across from where Rookie Racer will be since we don’t know exactly where it’s going yet. Along with that, I’d love to see a new restaurant where that pizza joint is and see a refresh of those games and another drafthouse or something. 

3 hours ago, LegendLover said:

The Illinois section is the worst-looking section of the park I think.

Other than that, I actually would like to see the Britannia section get a refresh.

I honestly think the whole park needs new "names" for it's sections or honestly just throw them out.

Illinois section is honestly not bad, boring, but not bad. With them redoing Screaming Eagle front plaza and Catwoman's whip, I don't see much happening up there. The only things I would want to see is to remove the facade of the employee restraunt and to blend that into Catwomans whip/boomerang. Tidal Wave area can honestly wait cause I would want to see some big addition there since the park owns so much land back there.

For the other areas, I don't see the antique car ride coming back anytime soon just like people has been calling for the bumper cars to come back after all these years and hasn't. Also SF won't move Supergirl unless they really need that space but I think they will just work around it cause nothing is worth moving in the park unless it involves a high priced attraction being installed.

The issue is the same as always. They "beautify" an area and don't touch it for another ten years, expecting it to stay in good shape. It's like patching holes on a freeway.

Next up on the conversation wheel:

Adding themeing to Mine Train

Replacing Ninja

RMC Boss

The next SBNO ride

Next season: "Things are looking like shit."

2025 Season, "The park is working on beautification with the new/new CEO. They replaced broken concrete, painted some rails, and planted flowers. It's about time."

We'll just leave out staffing and food service, because that's a constant.

Six Flags really should just do away with the current naming sections as they are pretty much utter nonsense given there is minimal actual theming left anywhere. Six Flags SL is themed so horribly that when I visit other parks it's always jarring seeing appropriate theming. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prozach626 said:

The issue is the same as always.

In the theme of trying to stay positive, under the current CEO trying to make the park name more premium to the likes of Cedar Fair, maybe the "beautifying" is going to be more yearly spread throughout the park. Sure it is nothing compared to throwing big bucks at one major complete park redo;  but what we are getting now is more than just flowers and paint. Again sure it's small and nothing compared to the next big thrill, but for locals who go year after year it's nice to see things get less run down more quickly than in years past.