TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

Interesting that with all the options we have speculated on that they would possibly go so close to Boss, and that they would also possibly need to reroute the queue to Boss. Give props if this is to maximize the max amount of space to squeeze in more rides or a bigger ride, but I wonder if they do move the queue will it have a impact on Boss not being open for a few months.

For all we know work has already begun.

Man I wish I had a good drone that had a good zoom (that way I could get shots without flying over the park's land).

2 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

For all we know work has already begun.

Man I wish I had a good drone that had a good zoom (that way I could get shots without flying over the park's land).

Right! Or we had webcams like the Cedar Fair parks. Excited to see how the park will change up that corner, hopefully not just half-done.

Also, less than a month to go before SFStL opens, anyone else going in April?

16 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

Right! Or we had webcams like the Cedar Fair parks. Excited to see how the park will change up that corner, hopefully not just half-done.

Also, less than a month to go before SFStL opens, anyone else going in April?

Aiming for opening day.

Man this really is a good recreation. Too bad the author's PC can't handle adding more to it.1389452469_PlanetCoaster3_7_202312_52_56AM.thumb.png.ed3d6d7968cf92a3a6cb1c4297d667b0.png

^That skyline looks weird without the elevated train or Ninja in the background. As much as a hyper looks great in the front, just imagine if they install a hyper or even a giga on the hill behind Boss and Eagle. The station could start where Tidal Wave once stood, and use the hill as a awesome terrian and height beast. Better yet let's just get crazy theoretical and have the first Strata in Missouri on that hill. :lmao:

I'd rather have a hyper/giga over a RMC conversion. I think it would be a bigger draw to the park, Boss would def. benefit but in the long run I would rather see a new coaster to the parks count especially since we don't get to see a massive investment very often. Now if money was no cost to SFStL; RMC the Boss, titan track Screaming Eagle and American Thunder with new GCI trains, build a hyper/giga, new trains for Ninja and Batman, and get one of those skyline terrian coasters to replace mine train :airtime:

53 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

I'd rather Six Flags let RMC build what they already maybe had a deal for.

The train is back there the hill kind of blends in with the trees in Planet Coaster.

Ah okay, def. didn't see that back there. I haven't got around to messing around with Planet Coaster, still rocking RCT3

Also I would still love to know what those plans would've been, I don't think still that's going to happen but who knows maybe this whole time RMC has been manufacturing the track needed and SFStL is just waiting on the green light to announce it.

2 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

We get one small family coaster clone and daydreaming goes rampant. 

At this point I'm just admiring this author's work. Well aware life is different than an unlimited digital sandbox :p

I could load the original save (honestly the work he put in to Ninja was super impressive - custom supports).

1834205385_PlanetCoaster3_7_20234_02_12PM.thumb.png.02892c8ac7344d03e642c6dc96e4db9e.png

• Like 1

Send Xcalibur to a park that knows how to maintain and probably run it better.  Look at what happened to the Deja Vu from Great America. I t went to Silverwood, and its running fine, with the original trains too!

31 minutes ago, tanthonyam said:

Send Xcalibur to a park that knows how to maintain and probably run it better.  Look at what happened to the Deja Vu from Great America. I t went to Silverwood, and its running fine, with the original trains too!

Maintenance is not the issue. Eventually parts fail. And when they are large parts that can't be sourced from another copy of the ride, the company has long since gone under and their designs and IP were never sold to another the ONLY way to replace them is with expensive custom-machined parts that have to be copied from the originals.

Up until its recent rash of failures Xcalibur ran significantly more reliably in SFStL than it did the last few years in Great Adventure. I'm not about to claim that this is because STL is better at maintenance - it likely received a full refurb during the move. And back then they probably actually could cannibalize its recently deceased sibling(s).

Silverwood isn't keeping Aftershock running all on their own. They worked closely with Vekoma when they moved and installed it - making sure to incorporate anything new Vekoma had to say to improve the install and operations of the ride. Vekoma has been providing spare parts throughout Silverwood's time with the ride. And they will for the foreseeable future. These are entirely different situations.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Up until its recent rash of failures Xcalibur ran significantly more reliably in SFStL than it did the last few years in Great Adventure. I'm not about to claim that this is because STL is better at maintenance - it likely received a full refurb during the move. And back then they probably actually could cannibalize its recently deceased sibling(s).

This I totally agree on. SFStL not being totally controlled by corporate gave them more flex on how they wanted to see the ride maintained. As time goes on the not so corporate feel is pretty much gone now the corporation feel has it's claws deep in the park.

Anyway, I think after doing a total reprogramming of the rides original carnival loop and on top of replacing about every part they could of gave to Xcalibur, it was given a decent life and we were all lucky for that investment. But like Danrarbc said, it was only a matter of time.

I would love to see a company get thier hands on the rights and drawings to build a new varation of Xcalibur being how unique it is. Bring back the never built giant version along with the upside down hold to a park in the US that is built to modern ride building practices and I would think you would have a hit.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Danrarbc said:

No photo?

I haven't heard or seen anything public myself, so I wonder how fast the ride came down. The park did have a flea market going on in the parking lot March 11th and there are a few pictures floating around on Facebook and I found it interesting Xcalibur is still standing in a unknown state. Which previously we've seen the arm suspended upright, now the arm is back down in the photo.

I do understand it was a fair ride and they are meant to set up and take down fast. So I bet once they had the components needed removed, they probably dropped the arm and removed in a day or so. But that's my guess, sad the park gave no fanfare to it's removal but this six flags after all.

Screenshot_2023-03-18-13-57-41-12_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

Is there much for a toddler to do at City Museum? I haven't been in over ten years. Are they restricted to a certain area?

I haven't been since my kid was young, but here are some of the policy's on thier website. I do remember they do have a toddler section though. Hope that helps!

Under Rides and Slides, Heights and Restrictions

Screenshot_2023-03-18-21-45-20-46_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

On the upside, you can look forward to your new Zamperla Giga Discovery. 😊

They will probably just use the pad for some kinda haunt, and decorate it with flowers in the other seasons 🙄

9 minutes ago, jamesk25 said:

They will probably just use the pad for some kinda haunt, and decorate it with flowers in the other seasons 🙄

Well, maybe you'll get a Mack Power Splash in Tidal Wave's old spot. The one here at SFOT seems to be a big hit with park guests. 😃

40 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Well, maybe you'll get a Mack Power Splash in Tidal Wave's old spot. The one here at SFOT seems to be a big hit with park guests. 😃

Not very optimistic that we would ever get any of the other chains big investments, and sadly that area is also a haunt 😂

This park does need something big for the next announcement, would that happen, who knows. Would it be more likely a flat over a bigger coaster, most likely.

FYI - training is going on full force this weekend and next weekend ahead of the April 1 opening. I thought for sure they would have to cancel yesterday's ride op training, or maybe at least put it down to a half day, but they went on as scheduled and only ended an hour early despite not being able to run everything. So much for my knowing anything, lol. Apparently they focused on rides that could operate normally in the cold, think of stuff that used to be open for HITP. 

13 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Is there much for a toddler to do at City Museum? I haven't been in over ten years. Are they restricted to a certain area?

I don't remember that they are restricted to the toddler area but the rest of the museum is probably better once they reach school age in my opinion. There will be lots of "bigger" kids and a toddler will likely get a bit bulldozed by them.

2 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

I could see it. Cheaper than a big coaster (I assume), relatively small footprint, mollify the people butt hurt over the removal of TW

1 hour ago, jamesk25 said:

Not very optimistic that we would ever get any of the other chains big investments, and sadly that area is also a haunt 😂

This park does need something big for the next announcement, would that happen, who knows. Would it be more likely a flat over a bigger coaster, most likely.

It is a haunt but just the outdoor corn maze that could be constructed in other areas, there is a lot of land back behind that spot where the old haunted hayride used to go, plus the apocalyptic remains of the paint ball field. 

• Like 1