TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

I would cry no tears to see Ninja replaced with a Modern B&M Looper (Floorless).  Even a transplant would be welcomed.  Scream from MM comes to mind.

Y'all already know my vote for the Ninja spot.

Hyper concept seen from Mine Train

Hyper concept seen from entrance

The station for a hyper :p

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I too think this is a good addition, it fills a both a literal and figurative void in the park. I wonder if there will be any attempt to open it in conjunction with the refurbed carousel later this summer?

I keep hearing summer, so they must have something started by now. But this is Six Flags so who knows :lmao:

And never thought about Dragon Wing not pulling in money but that makes sense why they are pulling them.

17 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

Wow that looks good, did you make the park level yourself? Man if they built that Batman would just be dwarfed by the Hyper. (And water park is pretty much gone)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jamesk25 said:

Wow that looks good, did you make the park level yourself? Man if they built that Batman would just be dwarfed by the Hyper. (And water park is pretty much gone)

No the (incomplete at the time) SFStL park is in the Workshop and I just used it to play with the idea. This would track between the railroad tracks and the waterpark for that leg headed to the entrance.

19 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

No the (incomplete at the time) SFStL park is in the Workshop and I just used it to play with the idea. This would track between the railroad tracks and the waterpark for that leg headed to the entrance.

Ah okay I see how you fit it in now, yeah that would look great. Def. give some eye candy to the park.

1 hour ago, Danrarbc said:

Hyper concept seen from Mine Train

The station for a hyper :p

Yes, this would make SFSTL complete imo.   This and RMC The Boss - both could sustain the Park's for years to come.

4 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

I wonder if a company like RMC or S&S could take off Ninja's old arrow tracks and replace with a similar layout but new and improved tracking 

Vekoma certainly could - and would if the park wanted it. Look at Great Nor'easter - SLC completely re-tracked with modern software doing the profiling of the transitions and modern manufacturing. Turns a normally painful experience in to a ride that can rival a B&M invert. Vekoma can do the same for their other rides.

Does anyone really think the hyper or retracking Ninja, while disregarding The Boss, would have even a remote possibility of happening? Look deep inside of yourself. Anyone? Like one person?

If miracles are going to happen, the prior plan already completed on The Boss will be signed off on.

Honorable mention less likely miracle: The carousel will open.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Does anyone really think the hyper or retracking Ninja, while disregarding The Boss, would have even a remote possibility of happening? Look deep inside of yourself. Anyone? Like one person?

If miracles are going to happen, the prior plan already completed on The Boss will be signed off on.

Under the current new management, no, I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening and why would they? Sure it doesn't complete under 65 degrees, but it still draws a crowd. That ticker before the queue tells them as much. After they reprofiled the helix at the end, that was a sign that it's going to be around for another decade. If it was dead as Ninja is for most the season and if they had the want to make the park stand out maybe. Again won't hold my breath.

Now those new trains that they were supposed to get for Boss, if they still could figure out how to make them complete the circuit that would be interesting.

Also Vekoma coming in to smooth out Ninja would be a win, maybe some new trains as well and again a retheme to the area.

14 minutes ago, Woodie Warrior said:

Dragon's Wing is set to be removed this off-season.

Figures based off what has been rumored, if your sources are official. Now speculation for whats next for this park with all these empty spaces. Hopefully next year we get the thrill coaster that everyone wants built, not another flat or worse nothing. The park has been cleaning itself up for years, maybe just maybe corporate will spend its billions here now.

14 minutes ago, Woodie Warrior said:

The coaster will either go in that spot, or where the Go-Karts were.

With reports saying this summer, I would figure go-carts if they are removing Dragon Wing after the 2023 season. Unless they remove it before they open in April.

16 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I think the most realistic hope for any kind of new major headline coaster attraction would be the aforementioned Boss plans being signed off on, as you say. Not only was it apparently a done deal before the pandemic happened, but it accomplishes the two-fer of having an attraction that would juice the turnstiles AND makes it so a very expensive (and rapidly aging) asset is refurbed and becomes much easier and cheaper to maintain going forward. Chatting about SFSTL with non-enthusiast friends, it's amazing how often the Boss comes up unprompted as being something that's avoided at all costs due to the headaches it creates. 

Anyways, back to this coaster. Two of my daughters are the target demo for this coaster and are excited about it. I would guess this ride, when complete and operational, is going to over time be one of most ridden rides in the park. A junior coaster was desperately needed here and I commend them for doing it. 

However, the "theme park dough" spent this year in the family budget went to Silver Dollar City for spring break tickets (never been there, I'm pumped!) and King's Island (adored the park when we went last year). If it sounds like the SFSTL has a better year this year on the ops/staffing and other stuff, maybe we will snag some cheap one day tickets later this year so the kids can try out the new coaster when it opens. 

• Like 2

^Same. We're going to Branson for a week in the Summer, with two days at SDC. We'll take a small trip to HW, and maybe even KK. As much as I want to buy season passes, I'm wondering if we should do the same and just grab one day passes.

You daughters will love SDC. Eve was two last year and had a blast. Flooded mine was her favorite, and first ever 'big girl' ride. It was fun for us, regardless of her probably never remembering any of it. lol

• Like 1

I wish I still had my membership, like many who canceled theirs around the 2020's, no one would have predicted that memberships would no longer be and what terrible thing would replace it. I hate the new passes, and knowing I'm one of many who bought it because of little choice especially in the area. My biggest gripe is that you have to shell out big bucks if you want access to all parks, especially when you have a family. I don't think Six Flags is realizing how many people they turned away from other SF parks other then thier home park. I would rather have that access over the unlimited water park access.

Maybe one day they will bring it back, or see something similar then the cash grab passes they have now. At least give more than what little benefits is offered, like make the water park a choice rather than a feature.

Wasn't the point to pretty much turn people away?

There could have been more of a compromise, but $50.00 passes for unlimited visits to any Six Flags park was a little insane. I could never figure out how that would be sustainable. It also brought in unsupervised teens in droves, leading the park to become a daycare. I suppose two grown childless adults should have been more tolerant, though.

Yeah, I feel like they basically tried to turn some people away but ended up getting more resistance than anticipated and went too far with it. What they really learned in all of this is that people really don't think that they have a product that's as valuable as the competition does and l..o...f*cking...l.

I still feel like they should have just incrementally raised membership prices over time by a few bucks per month per year and zero people would have cared.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I still feel like they should have just incrementally raised membership prices over time by a few bucks per month per year and zero people would have cared.

Exactly, so many people would be understanding with choice rather than limited options. If they announced that they were going to roll out passes alongside memberships given that they will have a price hike, that would have given members and other guests the choice to chose.

Look at every subscription service, i.e. Netflix, they are still sustainable even with the price hikes. Six Flags needs to make more of the parks in the chain stand out with better service before they start trying to charge 200/300 per head for a budget chain at a price that includes everything. Thankfully they have been dropping pass prices, but have took much away.

On 3/2/2023 at 3:24 PM, jamesk25 said:

With reports saying this summer, I would figure go-carts if they are removing Dragon Wing after the 2023 season. Unless they remove it before they open in April.

I should’ve been more clear, Dragon’s Wing will be removed before the start of the season along with Xcalibur.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Woodie Warrior said:

I should’ve been more clear, Dragon’s Wing will be removed before the start of the season along with Xcalibur.

Interesting, so Rookie Racer does have the potential to also be installed in that spot. I guess we will see when the park opens nad people report on any work happening in that area, thanks for the clarification. Sad to see Xcalibur is done, I was hoping that this was not the last we heard of the ride. Maybe another park will buy it, but I doubt it.

23 minutes ago, jamesk25 said:

Sad to see Xcalibur is done, I was hoping that this was not the last we heard of the ride. Maybe another park will buy it, but I doubt it.

it's one of the last remaining (if not the last remaining) of that ride type.

from what I heard (rumor, but no reason not to believe it) - what broke is not easily , or cheaply, repairable.    Hence decision to just throw in the towel after they had just spent so much time & $$ refurbing it.

so I say the odds of it going anywhere other than a scrap yard are basically 0%

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bert425 said:

from what I heard (rumor, but no reason not to believe it) - what broke is not easily , or cheaply, repairable.    Hence decision to just throw in the towel after they had just spent so much time & $$ refurbing it.

so I say the odds of it going anywhere other than a scrap yard are basically 0%

Sounds like the new management is good at throwing in the towel for old or hard to repair rides.

To bad there is not such a thing as a ride museum that goes out of their way to buy and operate old ride, especially so many unique flat rides lost to time. It's like how there is museums that goes out and restore old trains and make them operational.

I hope SFStL gives us a good ride to replace Excalibur. Not another Wonder Woman terrible replacement. That Highland Fling is still very missed in my household.

I meant to come look at this thread after the announcement of Rookie Racer, but then I forgot. I am so glad that the park is finally getting a coaster for kids. Six Flags St. Louis is my boyfriend and I's home Six Flags park and we both thought Rookie Racer is the perfect addition for the park. Honestly, I'm glad to see them removing the upcharge attractions. I actually love the idea of them creating a new mini-area next to this ride in the next couple years. I hope that this means they'll reroute the queue of The Boss. If the coaster goes where the park said it would during that ACE event, then I'd have to imagine that they'll need to reroute the queue of The Boss. I could see them creating a plaza next to the new coaster and moving The Boss' entrance there. 

51 minutes ago, LegendLover said:

If the coaster goes where the park said it would during that ACE event, then I'd have to imagine that they'll need to reroute the queue of The Boss. I could see them creating a plaza next to the new coaster and moving The Boss' entrance there. 

Interesting that with all the options we have speculated on that they would possibly go so close to Boss, and that they would also possibly need to reroute the queue to Boss. Give props if this is to maximize the max amount of space to squeeze in more rides or a bigger ride, but I wonder if they do move the queue will it have a impact on Boss not being open for a few months.