TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:
  • The SFSTL Grand Carousel refurb will be finished this year with the intent to open by National Carousel Day, July 25, 2023

Who is taking bets?  I want $100 on the "after"!

• Haha 1

^ Just because they're probably REALLY TRYING to get it running on it's National Day....

I'll put $100 on it actually opening on July 25, 2023.

I mean, it's just a "what if" bet right ?.... Right? ....... RIGHT??? ;)

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 2:03 AM, liltrekkie said:

Super girl is an Endeavor. I think you're referring to one of the Discovery models from Zamperla. Which, would actually make a ton of sense to go there, considering Xcalibur has a similar support design. 

I would say I doubt one would go there, however, they got rid of highland fling and replaced it with super girl, which is just an updated version of the enterprise sooo, honestly, 9 to 5 and pick em at this point. 

After the lot sits for 5-10 years first, of course. 

A Giant Discovery doesn't fit the current plot of land. But there is a good amount of space in that general area west of the bathrooms. If you're willing to move the turkey leg smackdown attraction there's probably room if you renovate the entire are with a new midway and plaza. 

On 2/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, teacherkim said:

Just as an fyi to those that aren't aware or didn't already see. According to the ACE summary of No Coaster Con in January, the following was confirmed, by Katy Enrique regional marketing director for SFOG, SFSTL, and SFGAm and John Krajnak park president:

• John Krajnak will indeed be the Park President for BOTH SFGAm and SFSTL. Will be interesting to see how that works out and how much time he spends in each park
  • The SFSTL Grand Carousel refurb will be finished this year with the intent to open by National Carousel Day, July 25, 2023
  • There will be a new attraction for 2023 in the former go-kart area, it will be for families with small kids. No other details but updates will be coming.

Discuss or not at your leisure.

I think it depends on whether or not this is a good manager and if he can bring his own people in below him at both parks.

I'd certainly trust someone like Jeffrey Siebert to be able to run multiple parks well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

A Giant Discovery doesn't fit the current plot of land. But there is a good amount of space in that general area west of the bathrooms. If you're willing to move the turkey leg smackdown attraction there's probably room if you renovate the entire are with a new midway and plaza.

Is the giant discovery the most comparable model to what Xcalibur was? They make four different discovery models, I honestly don't know which one is most comparable. I think only one of them has a full 360 degrees of travel, and that's the revolution version, which at first glance seems like a drop in replacement. But I could be woefully wrong.

Here is a copy of an email that I got as a DE-VIP member...

Dear Valued Diamond Elite VIP Members,

I hope this letter finds you well. At Six Flags, we are grateful for your continued support and loyalty as our valued Diamond Elite VIP Members. Your trust in us as your go-to destination for thrills and family fun means the world and we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to those choosing us year after year and to those who recently joined.

Your presence has helped to create unforgettable memories for our guests, and we couldn’t have done it without you. Whether you’re riding the newest coaster, enjoying a show, or simply spending time with your loved ones, we are honored to be a part of your life’s special moments.

This year, we are excited to announce the addition of several new events at participating parks that will elevate your Six Flags experience even further. From the electrifying excitement of “Scream Break” to the delicious flavors of “Flavors of the World”, there’s something for everyone at Six Flags. Additionally, “Viva La Fiesta” and “Brews, Cruise, and Barbecues” promise to be unforgettable celebrations you won’t want to miss.

Get ready to be amazed and entertained with the addition of new shows. From magical stunts to enchanting musical performances, our talented performers will leave you on the edge of your seat.

With the launch of paid premium lounges this summer in all of our theme parks, you have the opportunity to enjoy unparalleled comfort and relaxation while still being close to the action.

We are thrilled to report that our guest satisfaction scores have been steadily increasing and our online community and fan base continues to grow. We are constantly working to improve and evolve. In that spirit, we are proud to share with you the introduction of state-of-the-art gaming and e-sports arenas and lounges at select parks later this year.

In addition to these exciting new updates, we are also working to make your experience at Six Flags even easier and more convenient. That's why we're introducing Apple Pay and Google Pay across our parks this spring. This new feature will make it easier for you, your families, and teenagers to purchase food, drinks, and souvenirs without having to worry about carrying cash or credit cards.

To show my appreciation for your continued support, I will be sending a surprise gift to randomly selected Diamond Elite VIP Members on a monthly basis throughout the 2023 season. So please make sure you are registered at sixflags.com/pass and your information is up to date. This is just a small token of our gratitude for your continued support and loyalty.

Your Diamond Elite VIP Membership also gains you access to Scream Break presale tickets! Scream Break is a limited⁠-⁠time event with special park hours and a limited number of tickets. Stay late during Spring Break when you add this exclusive after-hours nighttime event to your visit. Take advantage of your status and pre⁠-⁠buy your tickets at this link now, before anyone else. As my first surprise “thank you” gift, you’ll also get $5 off each pre-sale Scream Break ticket!

To each and every one of our dedicated Members, thank you again for continuing to be part of our Six Flags family.

Let’s create fun memories together,

Selim Bassoul
Chief Executive Officer

2 hours ago, JimH2K said:

Here is a copy of an email that I got as a DE-VIP member...

Dear Valued Diamond Elite VIP Members,

I hope this letter finds you well. At Six Flags, we are grateful for your continued support and loyalty as our valued Diamond Elite VIP Members. Your trust in us as your go-to destination for thrills and family fun means the world and we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to those choosing us year after year and to those who recently joined.

Your presence has helped to create unforgettable memories for our guests, and we couldn’t have done it without you. Whether you’re riding the newest coaster, enjoying a show, or simply spending time with your loved ones, we are honored to be a part of your life’s special moments.

This year, we are excited to announce the addition of several new events at participating parks that will elevate your Six Flags experience even further. From the electrifying excitement of “Scream Break” to the delicious flavors of “Flavors of the World”, there’s something for everyone at Six Flags. Additionally, “Viva La Fiesta” and “Brews, Cruise, and Barbecues” promise to be unforgettable celebrations you won’t want to miss.

Get ready to be amazed and entertained with the addition of new shows. From magical stunts to enchanting musical performances, our talented performers will leave you on the edge of your seat.

With the launch of paid premium lounges this summer in all of our theme parks, you have the opportunity to enjoy unparalleled comfort and relaxation while still being close to the action.

We are thrilled to report that our guest satisfaction scores have been steadily increasing and our online community and fan base continues to grow. We are constantly working to improve and evolve. In that spirit, we are proud to share with you the introduction of state-of-the-art gaming and e-sports arenas and lounges at select parks later this year.

In addition to these exciting new updates, we are also working to make your experience at Six Flags even easier and more convenient. That's why we're introducing Apple Pay and Google Pay across our parks this spring. This new feature will make it easier for you, your families, and teenagers to purchase food, drinks, and souvenirs without having to worry about carrying cash or credit cards.

To show my appreciation for your continued support, I will be sending a surprise gift to randomly selected Diamond Elite VIP Members on a monthly basis throughout the 2023 season. So please make sure you are registered at sixflags.com/pass and your information is up to date. This is just a small token of our gratitude for your continued support and loyalty.

Your Diamond Elite VIP Membership also gains you access to Scream Break presale tickets! Scream Break is a limited⁠-⁠time event with special park hours and a limited number of tickets. Stay late during Spring Break when you add this exclusive after-hours nighttime event to your visit. Take advantage of your status and pre⁠-⁠buy your tickets at this link now, before anyone else. As my first surprise “thank you” gift, you’ll also get $5 off each pre-sale Scream Break ticket!

To each and every one of our dedicated Members, thank you again for continuing to be part of our Six Flags family.

Let’s create fun memories together,

Selim Bassoul
Chief Executive Officer

Hmmmm. Interesting. I did not get an email. Went in once again and updated my email address, which I have done multiple times including in person once at the park. Let's see if it takes this time since my original email was eliminated almost two years ago when I retired from teaching. Also, when poking around on the portal it did not list lunch/dinner/snack as a benefit, only unlimited drinks. I know there was some talk last year about the dining changing but at least as late as October we still had it. Did something change or is that just a mistake on the benefits page............because it's not like I would have seen an email or anything since I never get them anymore 🙄

"In that spirit, we are proud to share with you the introduction of state-of-the-art gaming and e-sports arenas and lounges at select parks later this year."

How can they possibly think this is a good idea.  I truly do not get it.  Not saying I don't get gaming lounges, they are a fairly sound business on their own if you have a big enough market.  But within a theme park?  An arcade makes sense,  short term impulse play etc but that's not what these are.  Grasping at straws I suppose I could see an arena in a market that didn't have one, maybe thats what the 'select parks' is getting at.  

^ as they state, those are going in at several parks.

at SFFT, they are putting into the central plaza area - inside a seldom used restaurant space (that restaurant closed over a decade ago, used to be the Mexican buffet) and they now only use it on rare occasion when the weather doesn't cooperate, and they need an indoor dining location for an event.    Rarely.

So I have zero issue with the plans. . as long as they are not taking anything away to actually implement them.   Which is the case at SFFT, and hopefully same at SFStL

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 6:35 AM, JimH2K said:

I would guess it is probably just a site error.  I used my pass at another park earlier this year, and all of the benefits I had last year were still available this year.

I think you are correct. There's never been an issue with any of our benefits and apparently lots of people that should have gotten this email did not.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:27 AM, Chiselphane said:

"In that spirit, we are proud to share with you the introduction of state-of-the-art gaming and e-sports arenas and lounges at select parks later this year."

How can they possibly think this is a good idea.  I truly do not get it.  Not saying I don't get gaming lounges, they are a fairly sound business on their own if you have a big enough market.  But within a theme park?  An arcade makes sense,  short term impulse play etc but that's not what these are.  Grasping at straws I suppose I could see an arena in a market that didn't have one, maybe thats what the 'select parks' is getting at.  

I don't care that much one way or another about a gaming lounge but I do wish the arcades were actual arcades again instead of just a collection of claw machines with one guitar hero and one air hockey table thrown in. I miss pinball.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:35 AM, JimH2K said:

I would guess it is probably just a site error.  I used my pass at another park earlier this year, and all of the benefits I had last year were still available this year.

I think you are correct. There's never been an issue with any of our benefits and apparently lots of people that should have gotten this email did not.

3 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

I think the email only went to diamond members and higher 

I am Diamond Elite VIP, etc, etc, and I saw a couple others post on FB as well................not a huge deal just annoying if you miss out on important info.

Just now, castaway_kid said:

Y'all excited for tomorrow's announcement?

I predict it will be "the carousel renovation completion has been pushed back to 2025."

• Like 1

Excited to see a new ride, especially a coaster. It may not be fast/thrill that everyone wants, but it is a good sign that good things may be coming to the park. I'm excited to go back this year, I haven't been to the park in a while. I'm interested to see what progress the park has made overall.

• Like 1

I know it's not a headliner, but this is a very good addition to the park. It's sorely lacking in family attractions and this looks like a very nice adder. It'll also fill in an empty area, assuming it goes where the Go Karts were.

• Like 2