TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Thanks! We did. Although took us two days cruising south out of Galveston before we found the warm weather 🙄

Hope the seas weren't too rough.

I have mixed feelings with Galveston as a port. Especially compared to Canaveral which is just awesome.

13 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

I have mixed feelings with Galveston as a port. Especially compared to Canaveral which is just awesome.

The only feelings someone has about Galveston are "deep depression" and "thank god we're leaving."

Source - Worked on Carnival for four years. Galveston is...galveston.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2023 at 7:31 PM, Danrarbc said:

Hope the seas weren't too rough.

Not rough but way colder than normal the first couple days. Although we did run into some rough seas for small craft in Roatan that messed with the fishing/snorkeling excursions. Royal Caribbean built a brand new terminal there that is pretty efficient, nice, and high tech.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:31 AM, KBrylczyk said:

The only feelings someone has about Galveston are "deep depression" and "thank god we're leaving."

Source - Worked on Carnival for four years. Galveston is...galveston.

It was fine. Not going every year but we did spend New Years weekend there. It was socked in with fog much of the weekend but we got Iron Shark and Boardwalk Bullet while we were there, don't need to make a special trip for either of those again either although Bullet was by far the better of the two; ate at some great seafood places, toured a couple of really nice old homes, had some nice walks on the beach. I mean it wasn't the most amazing place I've ever been but it didn't suck for a few days. Still warmer than it was here.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven’t heard, We’re getting a new ride for the 2023 season! It will be located in the go cart location and will have a minimum height requirement of 36’. I believe we might finally be getting a coaster, rumor has it Six Flags bought five of the single rail spaghetti bowl coasters. Also our opening date it April 1st! No fooling! We also are sharing a park president with great America. 

• Like 1

^ sorry, I don't believe it.

the person who was 100% correct on the SFFT announcement, and the SFOG announcement for these coasters, told me he's heard nothing about a 3rd (let alone 5).

so I'll believe this when the park announces it.

I saw some wishful thinking/complaining on Twitter that SFStL "needs it more than SFOG" when OG was teasing something coming . . . but other than that?  haven't heard anything.

i mean, I hope y'all get one?   but don't believe it, sorry.

^ ok, after your screen cap above. . . I dug some more.  and now I've gotten an "I kinda/sorta heard that too" from someone who likely *would be* aware if a Skyline coaster was coming to St. Louis.

so hmmm. . . .  I'd say odds of SFStL getting one too, are better than 60/40.

so I guess I do kinda believe it, but still not 100% convinced until it's announced.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

They also had a slide on the Grand Carousel, but I couldn't zoom clearly to see what they said?  Thought that'd get ya fired up too @prozach626 :)

I don't see any text on that carousel screen. So we can't really tell if it was just a status update or if that included an ETA from the pic alone.

Though getting a new ride is great, I would like to talk about events. I saw on twitter that Six Flags St. louis had a slide for events. I noticed a couple of the events they had announced were missing, I had just thought that they were smaller and shorter events that they didn’t put on the slide. So I went to check the website, and they had taken some of them off.

They took off Cinco De Mayo Celebration,    Summer Vibes, and Slushy Sundays. I am not completely distraught about Cinco De Mayo Celebration or Slushy Sundays, as I didn’t have any plans to attend them. Though I am a bit disappointed that they’ve removed Summer Vibes. It looked like a cool and big event. They had it at Great Adventure this past season and I was looking forward to it. But hopefully these event removals mean that Six Flags can put more funding into the other events.

Six Flags did announce that Oktober Fest, which they had at many parks this past season, would come to ours. They also announced that Holiday Square would return this season. So I guess that means another year without Holiday in the park, it wasn’t expected. 

I am hoping that they remove the weird Cosmic Sleigh ride, in favor of expanding Holiday Square. They said that they weren’t doing HITP because it was hard to operate rides in the cold weather. That probably wasn't true, but if it is I would like them to open up the park with no rides. It would have the lights and entertainment, just without the rides. 

I am interested to see how this season turns out. 

06F6A949-A7A9-41FD-B6C9-8C0C6CEBBFFB.jpeg

16 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

They also had a slide on the Grand Carousel, but I couldn't zoom clearly to see what they said?  Thought that'd get ya fired up too @prozach626 :)

When I saw the coaster stuff paired with the horses, that was the moment I realized the rumor probably wasn't true, or just a practical joke.

9 hours ago, Stlouisguy said:

They took off Cinco De Mayo Celebration,    Summer Vibes, and Slushy Sundays.

No way we're getting season passes without Slushy Sundays.

• Haha 1

Drove by the park today.

There's a construction trailer near the fence separating the parking lot and Hurricane Harbor. Definitely seems like they'll be building a separate entrance to HH, and I think some of the work is vertical. I was driving so no photos 🫤

The park is starting to hire for the season. Potential hires can sign up on line or there will be a job fair this Saturday...........as you all know they were understaffed all of last year. They will hire as young as 15, although ride ops have to be 16....................so if you have teen family members or neighbors get the word out. Properly staffing the park is in my opinion the number one most important thing they can do right now to improve the guest experience. Training should begin in March.

• Like 1