TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

All of the sudden I'm interested in the possibility of purchasing a pass. Isn't that weird? Maybe it's because as a family man, I want to go back and ride Batman again, just like all the other parents with toddlers.  

7 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Does not seem like paying teens $15-$20 an hour helps either. I would loved to have been paid that much as a teenager. 

Weird. I thought that was supposed to solve a lot of issues. At least the costs of goods and services didn't inflate with the wages.

4 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Seems like it might be worth the investment to have transportation from some key spots around town for the employees.

If kids don't have the motivation, or supposedly "don't have time" to work, I don't think adding these extra steps will work.

However, I'd venture to say the kid who works the 'dud' job at a hardware store stands more of a chance to gain more practical knowledge working there than he does at a modern day university.

• Confused 1

I was talking to our food & beverage manager over at SFoG this past Saturday regarding an unrelated issue I had with a dining location at our park.  He was very attentive to my concerns and we had a brief chat about our park and what's ahead in the coming weeks, including our upcoming Holiday in the Park, and as we were wrapping up, I mentioned how I "hope it (HitP) makes good money this year so our park will not lose it like other parks in the chain already have".  He then told me verbatim there were "already rumors and talk about bringing it back to some of those parks next year".  

So take that for what you will.  This was not the Dippin' Dots guy but one of the top managers.

14 hours ago, prozach626 said:

If kids don't have the motivation, or supposedly "don't have time" to work, I don't think adding these extra steps will work.

However, I'd venture to say the kid who works the 'dud' job at a hardware store stands more of a chance to gain more practical knowledge working there than he does at a modern day university.

I actually agree with you on that, I think real world work experience is super important. I wasn't denigrating those types of jobs just making a point in response to SF is not a fun place to work that you can say that about many places. I have found that it isn't the kids avoiding work so much as the parents wanting them to "pad" that college resume with sports, extra classes, clubs, unpaid internships, etc. The funny thing is when you talk to college admissions officers those things don't mean any more to them than work experience but for whatever reason there is a misconception amongst a lot of parents. Can't tell you how many were shocked that I would let my son "waste his time working a job like that"; the implication being that it is demeaning work and my kid is above that. Ridiculous in my opinion. 

15 hours ago, Stlouisguy said:

I was on the Six Flags St. Louis event selection because I was going to buy passes, I checked the events section because I was wondering if they were going to consider the drive thru a Six flags branded event, which they did. Anyway that’s not the point, when I scrolled through the events HITP was at the very bottom, I obviously clicked on the view event, and it wasn’t just stuff from another park, it was OUR parks stuff, the shows included Majesty of Christmas, Snowbound at Kittys, and a Christmas scarol. There was also themed land sections and rides that would be available. It didn’t seem like an accident since it was formatted in the same way that Fright fest was this year, which I don’t think they did before. I didn’t believe it and they even updated the Event calendar picture, though when I left the picture HITP wasn’t listed, and the picture didn’t list it either. I checked my history and it was set back to HITP Lights or whatever we had last year. I took some screenshots, hopefully this means Facebooks prayers have been answered. Did anyone else see this, and what are your thoughts on possibly having it back for the 2023 season?9709B30B-DBF1-402C-8308-D01B525432D1.thumb.png.32d13256adf9d92f66ac26bda442d866.pngA4367163-B0C5-4CFE-B774-0BA4328D97C8.thumb.png.a8f8d186d8c52e2a92e34af7bae6828c.png

Hey even though I was surprised at how strongly so many people claimed HITP affected their pass buying decision, if it makes you all happy then great. I mean I don't dislike it, just wasn't a factor in my pass buying decision. I am surprised they would promise it again since that is what got them into trouble in the first place, offering it then taking it away. Hope it makes money this time. I am super curious about the particulars of the deal with the company doing the parking lot drive through this year. Is SF getting a cut? OR charging them a flat rate for the space? Does it go directly to our park or just to corporate to use as they want? 

16 hours ago, Stlouisguy said:

I was on the Six Flags St. Louis event selection because I was going to buy passes, I checked the events section because I was wondering if they were going to consider the drive thru a Six flags branded event, which they did. Anyway that’s not the point, when I scrolled through the events HITP was at the very bottom, I obviously clicked on the view event, and it wasn’t just stuff from another park, it was OUR parks stuff, the shows included Majesty of Christmas, Snowbound at Kittys, and a Christmas scarol. There was also themed land sections and rides that would be available. It didn’t seem like an accident since it was formatted in the same way that Fright fest was this year, which I don’t think they did before. I didn’t believe it and they even updated the Event calendar picture, though when I left the picture HITP wasn’t listed, and the picture didn’t list it either. I checked my history and it was set back to HITP Lights or whatever we had last year. I took some screenshots, hopefully this means Facebooks prayers have been answered. Did anyone else see this, and what are your thoughts on possibly having it back for the 2023 season?9709B30B-DBF1-402C-8308-D01B525432D1.thumb.png.32d13256adf9d92f66ac26bda442d866.pngA4367163-B0C5-4CFE-B774-0BA4328D97C8.thumb.png.a8f8d186d8c52e2a92e34af7bae6828c.png

They must have quickly taken this off - I no longer see it posted with Holiday in the Park

• Sad 1

I think you're doing it right, Kim. Not that I have nearly the parental experience you have. Your son is going to be vastly more prepared than his peers who have never held real jobs. In turn, he'll likely be more successful and a more well rounded person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

November 19th 2023 is a Sunday. Either the event is coming back but they looked at the 2022 calendar when they made that so they took it down to fix it or it's not coming back at all and accidentally added it with old dates. Either explanation is plausible, but the common thread is that regardless of what happened, Six Flags is dumb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

Hey even though I was surprised at how strongly so many people claimed HITP affected their pass buying decision, if it makes you all happy then great. I mean I don't dislike it, just wasn't a factor in my pass buying decision. I am surprised they would promise it again since that is what got them into trouble in the first place, offering it then taking it away. Hope it makes money this time. I am super curious about the particulars of the deal with the company doing the parking lot drive through this year. Is SF getting a cut? OR charging them a flat rate for the space? Does it go directly to our park or just to corporate to use as they want? 

To my understanding Six flags is just renting the space to world of illumination. Other Six flags parks also have this partnership so the rent money could go to corporate or to us. Whatever money we make I hope they invest in bringing back HITP better than ever. 

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

November 19th 2023 is a Sunday. Either the event is coming back but they looked at the 2022 calendar when they made that so they took it down to fix it or it's not coming back at all and accidentally added it with old dates. Either explanation is plausible, but the common thread is that regardless of what happened, Six Flags is dumb.

Yeah, that is true. It is no longer listed, as I said in my first post. I feel like someone had to take time to make the graphic, and make the page. What Kim said, they might not want to promise it to us then possibly take it away. I think the first explanation of them messing up the graphic is most likely, or at least that’s what I hope happened. 

We could possibly hear something about it at their Q4 meeting this thursday, as it could have affected pass sales. If anyone has any more info, please share, I hope we have our Holiday back!

• Like 2

Hopefully IF HIP ever comes back, all the people saying it was the only reason they bought passes actually show up, and more than once every few years. It is a very expensive event to put on so it needs the attendance numbers to justify keeping it going.

• Like 1

So when asking Six flags why they stopped Holiday in the park, this was their response. 

“The decision to not do Holiday in the Park was weather driven. When it gets really cold, we cannot run our rides. We did try a more condensed product offering last year, but guests expect rides when they come to Six Flags and an unpredictable winter makes that hard to deliver. Our parks who are in warmer climates, or tend to have fewer extremely cold days, are continuing to hold Holidays in the Park.” 

I personally don’t believe the weather reasoning but take it as you will. Personally I would rather have a Holiday in the Park with no rides, than no Holiday in the park at all. 

30 minutes ago, Stlouisguy said:

So when asking Six flags why they stopped Holiday in the park, this was their response. 

“The decision to not do Holiday in the Park was weather driven. When it gets really cold, we cannot run our rides. We did try a more condensed product offering last year, but guests expect rides when they come to Six Flags and an unpredictable winter makes that hard to deliver. Our parks who are in warmer climates, or tend to have fewer extremely cold days, are continuing to hold Holidays in the Park.” 

I personally don’t believe the weather reasoning but take it as you will. Personally I would rather have a Holiday in the Park with no rides, than no Holiday in the park at all. 

Isn't Six Flags in NJ in a colder climate than STL? They still hold HIP

• Like 3

23 hours ago, castaway_kid said:

Hopefully IF HIP ever comes back, all the people saying it was the only reason they bought passes actually show up, and more than once every few years. It is a very expensive event to put on so it needs the attendance numbers to justify keeping it going.

We'll be there.

21 hours ago, coasterbill said:

They are never going to tell you the actual reason for not running the event which is obviously financial.

I thought it was about cold fingers and toes?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Can't see. Copy/paste the text.

Hello, 

Our St. Louis location will open the 2nd week of April. Holiday in the park may not be gone forever but as of right now we will not be hosting this event. 

Thank you 

Spartus H. | Managerial       

National Support Center & Corporate Guest Relations      

On 11/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, Stlouisguy said:

Hello, 

Our St. Louis location will open the 2nd week of April. Holiday in the park may not be gone forever but as of right now we will not be hosting this event. 

Thank you 

Spartus H. | Managerial       

National Support Center & Corporate Guest Relations      

Second week of April is a little late, guessing it will be Easter weekend which they have done in the past. That's April 7 - 9 next year

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to the World of Illumination display and Holiday Square at SFSTL?  Just curious of thoughts/opinions of it.  Also, and I assume the answer is "No," but wondering if the dining plans work for Holiday Square. 

On 11/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, kdjs said:

Has anyone been to the World of Illumination display and Holiday Square at SFSTL?  Just curious of thoughts/opinions of it.  Also, and I assume the answer is "No," but wondering if the dining plans work for Holiday Square. 

World of Illumination was pretty neat, definitely a new spin on drive through events as the entire display is "Cosmic", it sounds weird but outer space meets christmas was a fun combo, and seeing that many synconized lights was impressive. Holiday Square looked great and had quite a bit of the old HIP stuff. They also had firepits, hot chocolate, funnel cakes, ice cream, and lots of merch including a bunch of HIP merch left over from last year. Overall I though it was pretty fun and the best part was the snow falling from the roof of the front mall and making the whole area look nice with the falling snow.

• Like 3

Some of our, along with Great Americas Holiday In the Park Decorations is currently being rented by a water park in florida for their event. I don’t know how to feel about this, I am glad they are going to good use, but Will These Decorations stay the water parks?  I understand why they are renting these! Look how expensive just the sleigh is! Most of the decorations can be found on that or similar websites!

7943248C-8358-4064-A763-76F742A6F46F.jpeg

F6AEF557-8BEC-4904-97BB-98E8664103F3.png

404C6B9C-1511-4AB3-AD4F-5D9FB0AF0A84.jpeg