TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

They're fixing it up in-house. It's going to be a full refurbishment after being sadly neglected over the years. It's all being done by hand. There's a display off to the side of the ride entrance with several informational boards explaining the history behind the Batmobile and the extensive process to restore it to its original glory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/22/2022 at 7:32 AM, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Speaking of Horses, what ever happened to them bringing back the Bat Mobile to the Batman Line? that was supposed to happen last year wasn't it? 

I thought I told everyone they were replacing it with the middle finger statue, my bad. Like I said 28% they’re almost done.

• Haha 1

Clearly you've never done any wood working. This is a one-of-a-kind middle finger, and it takes time. I have a friend who doesn't even like theme parks, but she asked me about it and said she was going to come see it. They have one of the knuckles on display, and concept art of the finished product. It's behind the shitters next to the Chinese joint.

• Haha 3

I don't know if it would really make sense to just turn the trains back around, although one can dream. I think the conversion was more work than some people think.

SFoT is doing this, along with building Aqua Man. I can only imagine if whatever they're doing at SFoT is marketable, we'll get it as a sole new attraction. There won't be any other projects happening for that season.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:10 PM, thisdougsforu said:

Mr. Freeze in Texas ending the season shortly for what I would guess is turning the trains back around is good news and is one of the most realistic park upgrades we could hope for, and one that is VERY needed.

If you are implying that the original experience was better than the reverse blast... I think you are in the minority. The face down on the spike alone is worth it. I myself would consider that a downgrade, and would argue it is very unneeded. Maybe that is just me, though.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

If you are implying that the original experience was better than the reverse blast... I think you are in the minority. The face down on the spike alone is worth it. I myself would consider that a downgrade, and would argue it is very unneeded. Maybe that is just me, though.

I agree with you but for reasons I'm still not clear on my son prefers it forward launch, so I guess to each their own. It was suggested at a Q&A with park management about 5 years ago that they could have one side launch forward and one backward and have Twix sponsor it; do a left Twix, right Twix sort of thing. I'm guessing there is probably an operational and/or maintenance reason that cannot be done, although at the time they acted intrigued by the idea.

plus the fact that they often only have 1 side operating, so forwards + backwards train would potentially increase operating/maintenance costs by forcing both sides to be used.

and if one side goes down, they have to stick with the other option, which people would potentially dislike.

Logically, even if they were able to modify the LIMs to launch both forwards/backwards trains, it would not make sense from this perspective.

4 hours ago, grsupercity said:

If the park makes money no reason to close it or sell it 

If you been to the park recently, you would think they gave up on it.  No atmosphere, no excitement, nothing.

Closed Rides, Unfinished Projects, Empty areas of dirt and weeds, Half of a Go Kart track, the other half piles of Dirt.  It's pretty sad

9 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I was super butthurt when Mr. Freeze made the switch. It used to be one of my favorite roller coasters.

Regardless, nothing is happening with the ride now.

Your knack for sarcasm has me confused. Did you like Freeze better as it used to operate? Genuinely curious.

Also, @SteveStL, I’m pretty sure this park will be open as long as we continue to ask if it will ever close. Just because that would be more fun than closing or selling it. 

9 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Your knack for sarcasm has me confused.

Hah! No, I really did like Freeze in its original form. I love the launch through the tunnel, being pressed up against a seat, and looking straight up into the sky before falling backwards. I liked how the seats cushioned you to a stop coming back into the station. Launching backwards feels unnatural to me.

When SF pulled the Reverse Launch gimmick, it was the height of my hatred for SFSTL. It far surpassed anyone else's shit talking on here.

• Like 1

Though it is a bummer that we aren’t getting any new rides what we are getting instead is expanding our event catalog. Each park is doing this, ours is limited to others. I will be talking about each one and what it appears to be. All of these events take place during the current operating season, so it will not extend  the season. I am worried that the park will only be open weekends as most of these take place only on weekends. Sorry for my writing on a lot of this. 

-Kids Boo Fest

This is a event that has taken place at other Six flags parks the past couple of years. The kids themed Halloween event has popped up for 2023 & will be happening this year. It usually includes trick or treating during the day, Looney tunes character appearances in their Halloween costumes, and Boo Fest exclusive food.

-Spring Blooms

This new event that occurred this year was not listed in the event schedule. I assume it means it is not happening. My thought is that this spring Six flags worked on our landscaping and they could use it to market an event. 

-Cinco de mayo Celebration

As the name states this a a Cino as mayo themed event. It is only a weekend long and is most likely our scaled down version Viva la festival. I wish we got Viva la festival as many parks received it. But none the less it is something new to be excited about. 

-Kids Weekends

Out of all of these this one I have little to no idea of what the event will be. I believe it will have exclusive food items, early ride time for kids rides and extensive character meetings.

-July 4th fest

I am assuming that it will be the same as past years. If you are on here you probably know the drill.

-Summer Vibes Festival 

This one I have the most hopes for. Summer Vibes at other parks looks amazing and includes ride overlays, entertainment and a lot of decorations. I have a thought that they could bring back the glow parade, Main Street Electrical Parade Rip-off that they used to have. I loved it when it was there. This to me is my hope to have a somewhat worthy event to take the heat of Holiday in the park. This event at other parks was massive so I have my bar set high for this one. 

-Slushy Sundays

This event is pretty self explanatory. My thought of it is on Sundays, Slushies will be available to purchase throughout the park. I am confused on why this is needed as they already serve Icees on the usual. I wonder if discounts, or if they have exclusive or expanded flavors, open up a stand exclusively for slushies? I could see them use the never used “Funnel Cake Factory” Building. I wouldn’t see them use Go Fresh or whatever it was called as much of the interior has been removed.

-Hawaiian Luau 

This event takes place in Hurricane Harbor. This could be similar to another parks Harbor Fest, which include Hawaiian entertainment and special food offerings. Not to sure

-Coaster fest

I lied this one I have no idea what this one could possibly be.

I want to mention some other events that I sam pretty sure we have had in the past 

-Spring Break 

A lot of other parks that didn’t already have this event received it. Not that I need it, I will be on a Spring break trip probably during it.

-Mardi Gras‘s

A lot of parks that didn’t already have this are receiving it. I want it back! We had it for a couple of years and it was very enjoyable. I am sure our decorations have shipped over to other parks since we had our short time with it. 

94E51CD3-9209-42F5-B112-DC0687302781.jpeg

Edited by Stlouisguy
spelling

All I heard was the usual, "we aren't getting any new rides" and Kids Boo Fest.

If it were just my wife and I, nah. Pass. It's just not worth our 50 minute drive. We've essentially been riding the same big thrills since 2008. That can be argued since 1998. Justice League has been our biggest investment, and even then, meh. It's always closed, effects aren't working, and they have completely given up on the 3D. It didn't take long for it go become an official member of the Six Flags ride catalogue.

I mean, I just don't see a reason to renew our passes next year. Maybe for our kid, but then again... they probably won't even have the carousel fixed, in all seriousness.

Outside of Fiesta Tex, nothing in the chain even interests me. Fiesta Tex seems like it has the highest remarks about atmosphere and scenery. I watched a youtube video about a fight at Great Adventure and the area around Nitro looked more like a scrap yard than a theme park.

14 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Hah! No, I really did like Freeze in its original form. I love the launch through the tunnel, being pressed up against a seat, and looking straight up into the sky before falling backwards. I liked how the seats cushioned you to a stop coming back into the station. Launching backwards feels unnatural to me.

When SF pulled the Reverse Launch gimmick, it was the height of my hatred for SFSTL. It far surpassed anyone else's shit talking on here.

Alright, I can totally respect that. I don’t agree, but I see why you would feel that way. @thisdougsforuyou have others who agree with you! Love the peaceful debate!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Justice League has been our biggest investment, and even then, meh. It's always closed, effects aren't working, and they have completely given up on the 3D. It didn't take long for it go become an official member of the Six Flags ride catalogue.

I hear they are working on bringing the VR Goggles back for Justice League.  😁

4 hours ago, SteveStL said:

I hear they are working on bringing the VR Goggles back for Justice League.  😁

I'm assuming because of lower attendance/budgetary reasons the 3D goggle for JL:BFM have been removed?

And as for the coasters, you think The Boss will ever get Titan Tracked?

4 hours ago, Jason Maier said:

I'm assuming because of lower attendance/budgetary reasons the 3D goggle for JL:BFM have been removed?

And as for the coasters, you think The Boss will ever get Titan Tracked?

3D Glasses were removed chain wide. Its most definitely a budget cut.

also no