TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, SixFlagsAstroworld said:

In case anyone was wondering, Catwoman does actually have a single rider line, which helps a lot.

When I rode, Catwoman had maybe a 2 or 3 hour wait, and I was able to get on within 20 minutes.

A 2-3 hour wait at SFStL in 2022?! I bet NONE of the coasters had a wait longer than 30 minutes. An ode to the terrible capacity.

Edit:

nevermind.. enjoy the complaining, I'm sure the SFStL team is taking in every word, and planning the next new addition to the park accordingly.

• Like 2

Other than a comment or two I don't think there's really been excessive complaining.

I was simply collating data and even acknowledged the times could be improved with a faster load time. But the truth is there's a hard limit with this thing and it's a reason why these rides have typically been upcharges. I don't think it's wrong to acknowledge it's got exceptionally poor capacity.

It's hard not to be down on a park that has just blatantly ignored a lot of big problems and for whatever reason won't do things to improve the "coaster capital of Missouri" #lolz

I also hate to hear capacity issues on a couple of newer/popular rides (Catwoman and Justice).  And last time I rode JL, the small things were missing.  So much so, my 4 year old was crying because the "Joker looked dead on his bike" and I didn't know how to address that.

I have it on good authority that the SF CEO visited the park on Monday and was going on rides somewhat incognito. No idea what if any result of this will be, but he was there and interacting with employees and guests on rides. No I don't know exactly which rides he was on.

Glad to hear they put in a single rider line, hopefully that  helps with lines, although locals here are not very conversant with how srl work, lol. I'm going to try and stop by the park next week one day to see for myself but I've been told by someone not all that observant that the area around Catwoman looks really good.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, bert425 said:

Edit:

nevermind.. enjoy the complaining, I'm sure the SFStL team is taking in every word, and planning the next new addition to the park accordingly.

Feel free to self moderate the SFFT thread. I will continue to “complain” here in my lane. I hate this new ride, I love SFStL.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 3:50 PM, teacherkim said:

I have it on good authority that the SF CEO visited the park on Monday and was going on rides somewhat incognito. No idea what if any result of this will be, but he was there and interacting with employees and guests on rides. No I don't know exactly which rides he was on.

Glad to hear they put in a single rider line, hopefully that  helps with lines, although locals here are not very conversant with how srl work, lol. I'm going to try and stop by the park next week one day to see for myself but I've been told by someone not all that observant that the area around Catwoman looks really good.

Yes, he was there Monday. I met him in the queue on American Thunder. He's visiting all the parks in the SF chain on the down low to get a feel for what each park might need. He is the nicest guy I have ever met that worked in the corporate office. He was super incognito, just trying to be a regular guest. 

The guy has a vision, and he sees every six flags as becoming a premium experience that rivals places like Cedar Point and Hershey Park. And he cares about every park, even little old us. 

No, I didn't get any secret plans or anything, although not for my lack of trying. 

Gives me hope our park won't be left behind anymore.

(And if you believe any of this I have a bridge to sell you)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

Yes, he was there Monday. I met him in the queue on American Thunder. He's visiting all the parks in the SF chain on the down low to get a feel for what each park might need. He is the nicest guy I have ever met that worked in the corporate office. He was super incognito, just trying to be a regular guest. 

The guy has a vision, and he sees every six flags as becoming a premium experience that rivals places like Cedar Point and Hershey Park. And he cares about every park, even little old us. 

No, I didn't get any secret plans or anything, although not for my lack of trying. 

Were there cameras following him, maybe they were doing an Undercover Boss episode for the next season? 🤣

9 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

Here's the thing.

Not even Cedar Fair views their premium experiences as being applicable chain-wide. For every Cedar Point there's a World's of Fun, for every King's Island a Valleyfair, every Carowinds a Michigan's adventure, for Canada's Wonderland a Dorney.

I don't think that the rising tide will necessarily float all boats in the same way under the new CEO. Will the park get better? Sure, it already has. But I'm not expecting this to become a destination. If that strategy made sense Cedar Fair would be doing it everywhere. 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 3:47 AM, liltrekkie said:

Yes, he was there Monday. I met him in the queue on American Thunder.

Wait... you met him in a queue for a ride that has been closed for over a month now?  If that's the case, I think all of the SF parks are in deep trouble with that guy.  No way I am waiting in line for a closed ride! :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimH2K said:

Wait... you met him in a queue for a ride that has been closed for over a month now?  If that's the case, I think all of the SF parks are in deep trouble with that guy.  No way I am waiting in line for a closed ride! :)

regular show GIF

• Like 1

Why do they run an empty Boss train with bags instead of storage it somewhere? Honest question.  I realize it can valley easily and they don't want to keep removing and loading the bags, but why run the train for hours this way instead of storing it in the shed?

41 minutes ago, tndank said:

Why do they run an empty Boss train with bags instead of storage it somewhere? Honest question.  I realize it can valley easily and they don't want to keep removing and loading the bags, but why run the train for hours this way instead of storing it in the shed?

In case they want to run that train it's faster to unload the bags than it is to bring it back on from the storage track. 

14 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

In case they want to run that train it's faster to unload the bags than it is to bring it back on from the storage track. 

That would be true for any coaster, yet this is the only one I've seen run an empty train with bags for hours (and presumably the entire operating day).  I did leave an hour or two before closing.

15 minutes ago, tndank said:

That would be true for any coaster, yet this is the only one I've seen run an empty train with bags for hours (and presumably the entire operating day).  I did leave an hour or two before closing.

Boss has the longest cycle time and the biggest problem with light train loads. If they let you board both trains there'd be fewer people per run.

The other coasters tend to just run both trains when the park is less full since they don't have the Boss' issue. Also in the event they did have one train stored the other coasters don't need a warm up to get the second train ready to run so the process of adding it is faster than Boss.

It's definitely weird but the park has arrived at this process after two decades of living with the ride.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Real OGs remember when barbeque was there.

I remember when it was a BBQ joint.  My first visit to the park, the Screamin' Eagle wasn't even built yet.

Was also confused by liltrekkie's comment, given the ride has been down for a month and I was told it would likely be down another 8 weeks. Now, why a medium sized modern GCI, one of the most popular rides in the park, would be closed throughout the busiest season of the year... that's a true mystery!

That said, I visited the park last Sunday and it looked to be in really fantastic shape compared to my visit in 2020 (American Thunder was also down that day 🤔). I was fortunate not to have to wait for Catwoman Whip but it's legitimately an INCREDIBLE ride. Management is very happy with it. Apparently even guests who wait 3 hours come off saying it was worth it. But yeah... capacity sucks.

I didn't see Mr. Freeze's second train anywhere on site. Hopefully it reappears shortly. But the new lights in the tunnel (which change from blue/white on the launch to rainbow on the return) are an awesome touch!

Also loved the topiary tunnels with colorful umbrellas and other fun decorations.

I'm a Boss stan but damn is it brutal right now, even in a non-wheel seat. Eagle was also quite painful sitting in the very back row. But my tolerance was admittedly low following HoliWood Nights, though.

It's too bad you guys never got that B&M hyper. The park's ride collection still feels pretty solid, but it does feel like it's lacking a standout modern steel coaster.

• Like 1