TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

It was closed for so long because it caught on fire, not whatever silly thing you were trying to prove.

Pretty sure that was at SFOT. Regardless, no one gets their joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

Was it?  So hard to keep track.

6 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Yes… the fire was at SFoT. The photo is of some new extremely large scrapes in the siding outside of the door where they use a crane to reload trains after valleying. They were only on one train ops today, with no sign I saw of the left train. Was one damaged?

The building has had battle damage for a few years now.

Not too worried about a single train at the moment. It may be getting its rebuild still. But it has been single train more often than I'd like the last couple years.

I hope they get number two running more reliably.

• Like 1

Catwoman was turned on and in the vertical position but they stopped whatever they were doing due to rain before I got back there for a pic. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a preview next weekend.

20220515_143615.thumb.jpg.00464b27a26d89bb394430a3ebfc81d9.jpg20220515_144537.thumb.jpg.d36be8732593956eb25733ed8dee79bf.jpg

On 5/15/2022 at 3:01 PM, Danrarbc said:

Catwoman was turned on and in the vertical position but they stopped whatever they were doing due to rain before I got back there for a pic. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a preview next weekend.

Media Day is next Wednesday morning, May 25th. ACE is looking for six members to ride and be interviewed. Not my cup of tea, but if you want to be one of the first to ride, join ACE!

I've done one coaster event, which was Coaster Campout at CP. Although the experience was awesome, I witnessed what happens when too many coaster enthusiasts get together in one place, during Steel Vengeance ERT... Which is probably why I never put forth the effort to meet up with anyone. I'm not that hardcore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Visited the park today, and I noticed that Justice League got rid of their 3D glasses. I asked and I was told that the park is "trying something new". Feels like a budget cut to me.

American Thunder... Closed.

But at least Catwoman and Xcalibur are now open. Catwoman is a lot of fun!

how do the video aspects look without the glasses?     isn't the 3D all blurry?

I'd much rather ride without having to put something on my face (even if sterilized) that someone else has just worn.

Pretty sure they use a non-3D video now and it seems to be less blurry than the old 3D stuff (or they just turned off the 3D setting).  I don't really see anyone complaining about it.  Most people seem to prefer it without the 3D.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tndank said:

Many Six Flags parks have removed the 3D from Justice League this year. People seem to prefer it without. 

I know I don't speak for everyone, but 3D has always been a crappy gimmick that just might maybe occasionally accidentally be used in a semi-decent way.  Once every thousand years or so we get Spider-Man.  It was a 3D ride perfected.  Top of the mountain.  Nobody else has yet to match it, not even Universal because let's be honest, Transformers is a fun ride but it's a HUGE step down from Spidey.

We have demonstrative proof that glass-free 3D works incredibly well and that's because they use it to add depth to a scene, not to point a stick at the audience or throw something at your face.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:20 PM, SixFlagsAstroworld said:

Visited the park today, and I noticed that Justice League got rid of their 3D glasses. I asked and I was told that the park is "trying something new". Feels like a budget cut to me.

American Thunder... Closed.

But at least Catwoman and Xcalibur are now open. Catwoman is a lot of fun!

That's something super recent because two weeks ago they were still using the glasses.

Not super happy that about half of the effects seem down consistently now.

• Like 1

The ride looks pretty good but if these cycle times hold up we're looking at fewer than one hundred riders per hour capacity. Even if they managed faster loading in the one minute range that's going to be 160 riders per hour. I'm going out on a limb and saying that's probably the worst capacity figure in the dry park.

https://youtu.be/akuyaqBi7Hw?t=226

On 5/30/2022 at 5:57 AM, Danrarbc said:

The ride looks pretty good but if these cycle times hold up we're looking at fewer than one hundred riders per hour capacity. Even if they managed faster loading in the one minute range that's going to be 160 riders per hour. I'm going out on a limb and saying that's probably the worst capacity figure in the dry park.

I think it's pretty clear from that video that rider thruput on Catwoman Whip is going to be abysmal. Aquaman Power Wave here at SFOT isn't yet completed, but at least they had the good sense to add the turntable which should make thruput close to 1000 per hour. Catwoman, on the other hand, looks to be a fun ride if you don't mind the wait.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:57 AM, Danrarbc said:

This is exactly why I have poo poo'd this ride since it was announced. Complete waste of space. Might as well be an upcharge ride. You know they will be leaving empty seats too (there are empties in the video even). Half your ride experience is baking in the sun looking up at the sky while the other side loads. This ride belongs at a fair not a major amusement park.

The ride operators are going to have to deal with irritated guests all day. The only worse job in the park will be serving turkey legs, because the guest frustration is equal, but you're in more danger.

The go-karts look good this year. Must be the new higher quality business strategy.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SixFlagsAstroworld said:

In case anyone was wondering, Catwoman does actually have a single rider line, which helps a lot.

When I rode, Catwoman had maybe a 2 or 3 hour wait, and I was able to get on within 20 minutes.

Who in their right mind would wait 2-3 hours for that? 

• Like 1