TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The google satellite view has been updated and there is some really interesting development going on at the former Tidal Wave site. It almost looks like the set up of a haunt, but its hard to tell.....

My wife and I made our first trip of the year on Sunday, and it was a pretty good day overall! 

Park was not very crowded at all, which made for easy waits on almost all the rides!  The only wait was for the Screamin' Eagle, and that looked to be about 30 minutes.  The new area and signage around Eagle looks beautiful, but you can not access it from Boomerang.  You have to go the back way to get to it. (Giggity)

My wife and I are "legacy members" (what the old memberships are now called), but our perks are the same this year, as they have been in the past.  We were told that this is the final year of all memberships and dining plans, and beginning next year, you either had to cancel your membership, or move to one of the passes.  That was a bummer, as my wife and I liked our membership, and used it at different park all over the country.

Flash passes, and skip the line perks can be used from the app this year, and we found them to work quite well.  We really didn't have to use any, but we tested them to see how it works.  You can also pay a price, and just purchase one skip the line pass through the app.  I have a feeling price and availability will depend on how busy the park was.

Food wise, we ate at JB's.  There is no "upcharge" for the meals on the dining plan, but by default now, the meals come with a bag of chips as a side.  I believe fries, mac and cheese, or a salad could be subbed for $2.  I chose to do the upgrade to fries with my wings, but they did not charge me for it.  Probably an opening day system glitch.  I also did see that turkey legs are considered a meal now, with no upcharge.

We rode what we wanted to, but we did get stuck on the mine train, and had to get let off at the station before we left.  No biggie, as it looked like a safety sensor needed to be reset.  We left and went to skyscreamer... What do you know, we sit down, and had to get right back up!  A ride opp found some foreign object debris on the ground, and wanted to make sure it was just trash, and not a piece of the ride that had come off.  While waiting for the OK from maintenance, we had a chat with a very nice guy.  We talked about the boss, and how they finally got parts in last week to do repairs, and they were testing and training for next weekend to be open.  We also talked about Mr. Freeze, and it actually broke down during fright fest last year.  The parts were ordered, but delayed due to supply chain issues for 6 months!  They finally got the parts in last Friday, and were hoping to be able to get to work this week on getting her fixed, weather permitting.

Cat Woman's Whip still has quite a bit to go.  The loading docks for the ride are sitting next to skystreamer, and they still have quite a bit of concrete, que line, and lanndscaping to do.  Once it is done, the guy said it should look really good, but in typical six flags fashion... it will probably not open late spring.

Other than that, the park did get some sprucing up over the winter.  There is a new pavilion style building near Eagles entrance that looks very nice, and there are some new shade structures built around the palace porch area.  They did take down the roof over the palace porch stage, so not sure if it is being removed, or perhaps repaired.

At the entrance to the park... Pretty close to the same as always, except the exit is now on the side closest to the restrooms.  Guest services looked to have its own dedicated line for entering the park.  Not sure why, but thats what it is.

Overall, we had a good day, nice people, beautiful weather... and just what we expected as a Sunday at our old park! 

• Like 1

I was there yesterday too, and it was a nice visit. 

I had one of the best rides ever on Screamin' Eagle, and it was nice to have it back in action. It was hauling the mail! The redone entrance is very nice and with all the construction around that area, I'm glad they have the Eagle open for the start of the season. 

Catwoman's Whip is TALL! I'm glad it's in the back of the park near Eagle, taking advantage of the natural elevation. And yes, there is a lot of construction still left to be done on it and the area. That section of the park is going to be very nice once completed. I'd assume that something will go in where Tidal Wave used to be in the near future as well, making that whole area the nicest on the property.

Excuse my ignorance as I wasn't on TPR much for the year or so after the COVID ordeal started, but wasn't the original plan for Whip to be over by the Boss, behind Supergirl? Regardless, I'm glad it's where it is now. It's a major part of the skyline. 

Boomerang's new paint makes it pop. It wasn't in operation yesterday, though. My streak of going to SFSTL with Boomerang NOT being in operation is laughable. If people here didn't talk about riding it, I'd have no clue it was ever open. 

SFSL just posted a great pic of the new entrance on Instagram.

• Like 1

^ Yes, it was originally supposed to be by The Boss. From what I understand the decision was made to postpone it one more season so that it could replace Superman, as at the time it was originally announced I assume it was not yet known that Superman would be removed soon.

Had my first visit of 2022 today, Sunday.

The changes this season begin in the parking lot. There are at least 5 security camera masts throughout the lot now.

Approaching the entrance the canopy over the ticket takers has been repainted and it's blue and white now. Which if memory serves is more like it was a couple decades ago with the old structure.

20220410_151252.thumb.jpg.541e3b738b107fd25ec8033e20f8e9c3.jpg

Catwoman is coming along, though a fair amount is still framing.

20220410_160824.thumb.jpg.b3d5e99d1401d364b8850598af14605a.jpg20220410_161508.thumb.jpg.23a26653a84a9e29b1e27807752b248c.jpg

There are still stairs from Bugs Bunny National Park to the upper bit of Illinois but they're all-new.

20220410_161444.thumb.jpg.2fb6b5d6fa38bc80e7f390814ee74477.jpg

As for Eagle. The entrance is improved but they aren't done with it. Looks like it'll have full ADA-compliance with a new ramp still going in. It leads to the entrance side of the platform though.

20220410_161535.thumb.jpg.8abdfdf917241fc14306da50964ebd2d.jpg20220410_161515.thumb.jpg.82b6f04425a9acc6cadf259ac9cde883.jpg20220410_161952.thumb.jpg.a233ee08273fb30b40883fd9267cbbb4.jpg20220410_161956.thumb.jpg.f92bfa940656da0c3c49be0aab7b49ca.jpg20220410_162000.thumb.jpg.efda13a1088001ff3ceea97ca08b517a.jpg

Also got a couple shots of the changes to the Palace area.

20220410_163734.thumb.jpg.f199308b899fa8055861a6c105ebb463.jpg20220410_163748.thumb.jpg.e005541d3270c23af751243a6ae2440a.jpg

That's about it for my short stop. Never got to see the DC comics and Log Flume/American Thunder loop. Mooseburger being converted to 100% mobile ordering only is pretty nice and the menu has been expanded. But there are still some omissions from this menu (no loaded nacho option, nothing with a hot dog in it). Macho Nacho and World's Fair Hot Dogs are both back this year. I'll leave you with the rest of my Catwoman photos.

20220410_153846.thumb.jpg.15bbf6d65d6c79cc63b26c160cb1396f.jpg20220410_160835.thumb.jpg.dfe8d192db7270cf74f70f45339503b0.jpg20220410_162054.thumb.jpg.fe5397b790f5a7f864e22ca6b333ec9d.jpg20220410_162115.thumb.jpg.e1967ce5031273417bc1d6d09adc3fae.jpg1478824603_20220410_1621302.thumb.jpg.b72c3fc6dcd44f66fc38347e04da07c6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, tanthonyam said:

When is Xcalibur and Freeze reopening?

I predict Xcalibur will open June 28th. and Freeze on November 13th.  These guesses are just as valid as any other guesses you'll hear, because the park has announced nothing.

• Haha 3

I know there was an issue with a needed part for Freeze that they were waiting on, and having trouble getting in............truly I don't know any details beyond that. Also, there was some parts issue with TR, plus it's been pretty chilly for that anyway, but they have not been able to complete training yet for the ride ops nor have they filled up the reservoir, which takes a very long time to do.

I know Freeze has been sending trains halfway up the top hat, I saw it once in person and I've seen other videos. More life there than Xcalibur.

Something I noticed at my visit was that the park seemed more friendly than in years past. Anyone else notice that? It has been my only visit with the new CEO so maybe it was a big emphasis going into this season. Not that they were rude in the past but they really seemed to go out of their way to say "enjoy the rest of your day", things like that. Park looked nice and the day couldn't have gone much better besides the closed rides.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

I know Freeze has been sending trains halfway up the top hat, I saw it once in person and I've seen other videos. More life there than Xcalibur.

Something I noticed at my visit was that the park seemed more friendly than in years past. Anyone else notice that? It has been my only visit with the new CEO so maybe it was a big emphasis going into this season. Not that they were rude in the past but they really seemed to go out of their way to say "enjoy the rest of your day", things like that. Park looked nice and the day couldn't have gone much better besides the closed rides.

I noticed more food places open early in the season than the last couple years too. Heck the drink refill station by the front entrance was open on a Sunday in early April.

I definitely think something improved in staffing.

On 4/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, Dan the Coaster Man said:

Bro. It's April. The give-a-fux are blooming with the beautiful Spring freshness. They'll all be gone by late June. Obnoxious guests and butt sweat season will wipe away the charm, here and everywhere.

• Haha 4

I went last Friday and somehow Boomerang was open. I got a ride in with my daughter but the ride had an error and the trains couldn't return completely into the station, so it took about 15 mins for maintenance to come, override the error, and then get the trains to move all the way back into the station and then we could unload. It then appeared to be down for the rest of the visit, ha. That ride, man. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Bro. It's April. The give-a-fux are blooming with the beautiful Spring freshness. They'll all be gone by late June. Obnoxious guests and butt sweat season will wipe away the charm, here and everywhere.

Makes sense, but I don't remember being treated like that at the park before ever. Not even opening weekend last year. The park is pretty and has *some* charm all year long imo.

So I paid the $50 or whatever it was over the Winter to renew our season passes. I got a confirmation of purchase, and nothing since then. So do we just keep using our current passes for admission?

Also, I'm assuming our pass is only good for our park, now.