TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Eagle is really well maintained and has a good amount of new track work right now. I very much wish every Six Flags could have the level of woodie maintenance we have. Even Boss is managed as well as it can be given the intensity level (there's a reason most of the big intense woodies have been RMC'd at this point - they tear themselves up).

You're not crazy Eagle was really good in 2021.

• Like 3

Another morning, another Six Flags coaster in another park. If SFMM doesn’t work out, I know a park with some available land that this could fit in… 🤷‍♂️

I guess I keep hoping RMC will have a “Buy One Get One Free” sale.

https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/news/business/six-flags-magic-mountain-announces-record-20th-coaster-wonder-woman-flight-of-courage/article_03465bb0-350e-50b7-ac2b-fafe0bffd3db.html

1 hour ago, Danrarbc said:

How'd they make this 300ft longer than Jersey Devil? Move the brake run?

One post mentioned an extra bunny hill near the end, but that would be a big bunny to add 300 feet!

I’ve only ridden one single rail (WW at SFFT). They are a lot of fun, but apparently they have a high maintenance cost. 

I find it funny. It'll be more of the same when our park is passed over for major investments next year, and the following years. And no, I don't just mean a coaster. That would be nice, yes. But really any major investment would be good for our park. We are sitting on 40 acres of undeveloped land. Hurricane harbor could have a minor expansion. Or they could add a new area to the park, they could completely move the kids area and add a kiddie coaster, which imo would be better. But they don't, and it just makes me sad.

Im grateful we get the minor investments and the area around eagles queue is getting work. But I can't imagine much will go up there yet. I bet it's going to remain a little empty for a while, the exception being for whatever queue they do for Catwoman.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:28 AM, xVicesAndVirtues said:

I don't know if it was a fluke or if I had too many of the aforementioned beers prozach626 mentioned that the park sells on my last visit, but I remember Eagle hauling ass, being really awesome/smooth and having great airtime in the back car. This was honestly one of the reasons I was hoping to add this park to our trip.

I was honestly wondering the same thing. I made my first trip to the park over the summer and it was a complete sleeper for us. We rode it just as it got dark and it was honestly an easy top 10 wooden coaster for me. Reminded me of the Phoenix which I thought I was insane to compare it too. It was so much better than I thought and I wasn't even really aware the park had such a good wooden coaster. I honestly thought the only stand out ride was going to be Mr Freeze (which was also a top 10 for us) but wow we loved Eagle. This was after riding The Voyage earlier in the day so our threshold was pretty high all things considered.

4 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

I find it funny. It'll be more of the same when our park is passed over for major investments next year, and the following years. And no, I don't just mean a coaster. That would be nice, yes. But really any major investment would be good for our park. We are sitting on 40 acres of undeveloped land. Hurricane harbor could have a minor expansion. Or they could add a new area to the park, they could completely move the kids area and add a kiddie coaster, which imo would be better. But they don't, and it just makes me sad.

Im grateful we get the minor investments and the area around eagles queue is getting work. But I can't imagine much will go up there yet. I bet it's going to remain a little empty for a while, the exception being for whatever queue they do for Catwoman.

Dude, we get it, you think the park is terrible and that someone should invest a billion dollars in it. How much do you think it costs to demolish an entire section of buildings, re-grade it, and build new again? That alone is a huge investment, disregarding the cost of the new ride they are adding. They are investing what they should, Catwoman IS a major investment. Only a business moron would invest money without the promise of a return.

If you think a "major investment" means SFStL deserves something like what SFMM just announced, just consider how that "major investment" is going into a year-round park with the highest attendance in the chain and is likely the only new coaster Six Flags will install in 2022.

They "completely moved" the kids area and created Bugs Bunny National Park just 15 years ago, the first move in 35 years. Why not add a kiddie coaster to the existing kids area?

And oh yes, "the land." Well guess what, there is a neighborhood that is developing closer and closer every year. The good business decision will be when they sell that land for a major profit. I will say it without doubt: Six Flags St. Louis will NEVER develop into all of the land they currently own.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

Dude, we get it, you think the park is terrible and that someone should invest a billion dollars in it. How much do you think it costs to demolish an entire section of buildings, re-grade it, and build new again? That alone is a huge investment, disregarding the cost of the new ride they are adding. They are investing what they should, Catwoman IS a major investment. Only a business moron would invest money without the promise of a return.

If you think a "major investment" means SFStL deserves something like what SFMM just announced, just consider how that "major investment" is going into a year-round park with the highest attendance in the chain and is likely the only new coaster Six Flags will install in 2022.

They "completely moved" the kids area and created Bugs Bunny National Park just 15 years ago, the first move in 35 years. Why not add a kiddie coaster to the existing kids area?

And oh yes, "the land." Well guess what, there is a neighborhood that is developing closer and closer every year. The good business decision will be when they sell that land for a major profit. I will say it without doubt: Six Flags St. Louis will NEVER develop into all of the land they currently own.

Ah yes. Me wanting the chain to do more with the park instead of doing what they are doing makes me hate the park. I guess thats why I went there 17 times in 2019 and 19 times in 2020? Yeah I sure hate the park alright. 

Speaking of, it costs about 8 dollars a square foot to demo a commercial building. It also costs about $1.5 a square foot to regrade land. and a typical concrete slab with rebar is about $9.51 a square foot. anyone know the square footage of the area? I'll gladly do the math, using the extreme high end of costs like I just provided.

Also, we were one of 3 six flags parks that im aware of that didnt get a new attraction or some ride refurbishment in 2021. Even frontier city got new trains for one of their woody coasters. My point is, considering the park has hit capacity every weekend since fright fest started, the park hasn't exactly been empty all year either.  And six flags is expected to beat expectations when their earnings are released the 27th. 

Why is it too much to ask for the chain to do more with our park? Why does everyone act like its such a big deal to have something bigger done every now and again? Everyone always says we should be thankful for what we have, or they wont invest without a promise of return, or the money isnt there. It's a pile of crap. The money is there. We have the people for it. There is certainly a return of investment worthy of a real major project. Everyone else can sit there in their compliancy. I however, won't. I will continue to push for our park to get better investments, and quite frankly I don't care if you or anyone else has a problem with my way of thinking. At the end of the day, I just want the park to become better, and I won't settle for the peanuts we get.

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

SFFT is getting a B&M Dive Coaster. 

:)

as to SFStL complaints every time another park announces something big?

8baZE7.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

There is certainly a return of investment worthy of a real major project.

How do you know? Do you think managing Six Flags is as easy as saying "If you build it, they will come?" I actually want to hear your response.

6 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

I however, won't. I will continue to push for our park to get better investments, and quite frankly I don't care if you or anyone else has a problem with my way of thinking. At the end of the day, I just want the park to become better, and I won't settle for the peanuts we get.

I don't think visiting 20 times a season is pushing Six Flags Saint Louis to change. It seems like you've settled.

Your actions don't match your words. At least I can say when I was frustrated the most, I didn't visit the park for four or five years. They didn't get my money or my attendance numbers. What have you done?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

How do you know? Do you think managing Six Flags is as easy as saying "If you build it, they will come?" I actually want to hear your response.

If it was that easy, we would all be running our own theme parks trying to outdo each other with bigger and faster roller coasters. That would certainly be entertaining for TPR videos, that's for sure. Sadly, the real world doesn't work like Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 does. The reason I know there are investment returns to be made is the fact the park has almost hit capacity every weekend for fright fest so far. Granted, fright fest is the most popular event for six flags, the park hasnt hit anywhere near capacity for fright fest since what, 2012? There is also the fact the park hasnt exactly been empty since they reopened in 2020. I've seen more people at the park since the reopening than I did anytime in 2019, including fright fest, and that's even with eagle missing from action for some of 2021, which is one of the best coasters in the park. 

They've added no attractions in the park for 2020 or 2021, all they did was spruce up the place, and yet, the crowds have came anyway. Imagine what would happen if they did do some major investments. And no i don't just mean coaster, a lot of the shops and food places could use sprucing up on the inside, a remodel of them certainly wouldn't hurt, and it could save labor if they went to a fully automated kiosk type deal for the food places, instead of using cashiers. People stopped coming to the park because it was looking so run down. Now that they are sprucing up the place, the crowds are returning. 

We have a great park, I just think there is more they could do to make it better. That's all.

3 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

The reason I know there are investment returns to be made is the fact the park has almost hit capacity every weekend for fright fest so far.

They have only nearly hit capacity once so far, and just because they stop letting people in doesn't mean the park is full. Maybe they closed it earlier due to not having enough staff  support a true full capacity night. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

There is also the fact the park hasnt exactly been empty since they reopened in 2020. I've seen more people at the park since the reopening than I did anytime in 2019, including fright fest, and that's even with eagle missing from action for some of 2021, which is one of the best coasters in the park.

And this is exactly why you don't get a new coaster.  You don't need it to draw in crowds.

I feel like I'm talking to the walls here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

And this is exactly why you don't get a new coaster.  You don't need it to draw in crowds.

Magic mountain and fiesta Texas don't need new ones to draw in crowds either. Yet here we are. They wouldn't be putting coasters in there back to back if they didn't draw in more crowds than normal. They seemed to have noticed something to equate them to drop yet another coaster in each park again.

You're also missing my point, you seem to be assuming major investment equals coaster. And no, a coaster is just one of the major investment ideas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

The park HAS gotten major investments recently.  Just because you don't see them as such, it doesn't make it less true.

5 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

You are. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

The park literally got a brand new entrance plaza last year.

That definitely wasn't cheap.

No, the park invested nothing 2020-2021. I just googled the average price of a new entrance plaza and it is only 200 grand, doesn’t count.

• Haha 3