TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Sunday the 17th of October, I finally got a chance to go back to the park. I got there around 1pm and stayed to ride a few rides, the parking lot was already in overflow and by the time I left with parking being moved to the RV/Bus area. Quite a few flat rides were not operational which was strange to see. All coasters besides Screamin Eagle were operational, I got a glance at the construction area around Eagle which the arcade is completely flatened and Superman and queue gone. Area looks nice opened up, can't wait for next year progress update.

IMG_20211017_133915.jpg

IMG_20211017_133913.jpg

^Holy crap! Am I seeing what I think I am seeing? Is that building on the right the former pizza place pictured below?

IMG_1037.thumb.jpg.d29fc952fd3cbf85f86c60379ef0c717.jpg

If so, it looks like the entire area circled in red is gone!

image.thumb.png.7af5a9e9a810dd6fa10a5c3f66976d31.png

Picture would have been taken from the yellow star. This area is going to look A LOT different, and that is not a bad thing. 

..........🤔

Actually, scratch that. Corporate hates us. Welcome to "Dirt: A Monument to Land." The new area to accompany Mudslinger, the new ride re-themed from Catwoman which will have a queue line made from paint lines on the fresh land. Boots required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@CP_RULES
Yes, I was standing near the (former) pizzeria. From what I can see, everything is pretty much gone besides some leftover concrete, the outdoor deck seating area, and the queue for Eagle is still there.

Also they have the upper section of the Bugs Bunny area closed off down by Old Glory and you can't get past the hill near the pizzeria.

Hey all, I'm thinking about visiting the park in December for the first time in quite a few years as an aside to our Silver Dollar City trip. I know this will be during the "Holiday in the Park Lights" event and the park's website is pretty vague about what is and isn't open during the event.

Does the park typically try to keep the entire park open during this event or do they block off certain rides/areas of the park during this time of year? I know this can vary wildly between Six Flags parks and the Northeast parks block off huge swaths of their parks whereas with the Texas parks it's pretty much business as usual.

I think as long as we can generally count on Mr. Freeze, Batman, and the wood coasters being open, we're down to do a half day or so. Info would be much appreciated!

8 hours ago, xVicesAndVirtues said:

Hey all, I'm thinking about visiting the park in December for the first time in quite a few years as an aside to our Silver Dollar City trip. I know this will be during the "Holiday in the Park Lights" event and the park's website is pretty vague about what is and isn't open during the event.

Does the park typically try to keep the entire park open during this event or do they block off certain rides/areas of the park during this time of year? I know this can vary wildly between Six Flags parks and the Northeast parks block off huge swaths of their parks whereas with the Texas parks it's pretty much business as usual.

I think as long as we can generally count on Mr. Freeze, Batman, and the wood coasters being open, we're down to do a half day or so. Info would be much appreciated!

Vonni is correct. Neither Eagle or Boss will be open. Boss has a really high operating temp, something like 52 degrees. Basically, based on past events, if you look at the park map everything inside the train tracks will be open (minus the obvious water rides) and everything outside the train tracks will be closed; subject to technical down time of course. The train itself should be open with Mrs Claus reading the Night Before Christmas.

While retracks, repaints and new trains do seem to be trending only the repaints seem to be happening in the Six Flags chain with regularity at the moment (outside of Fiesta Texas - then you completely overhaul the queue with all-new theming along with a repaint). Sounds like SFOT Freeze is getting a paint scheme much more similar to ours.

Remember when we all thought Blue Hawk meant Six Flags might overhaul their old Arrows and Vekomas across the chain? Good times 😢

Its crazy to think there are 2 large clearings at this park. If it were just the clearing where Superman was I would kids area expansion with a new junior coaster like frontier city got. But since down the midway the shoot the chutes is cleared I have no idea 

2 hours ago, grsupercity said:

Its crazy to think there are 2 large clearings at this park. If it were just the clearing where Superman was I would kids area expansion with a new junior coaster like frontier city got. But since down the midway the shoot the chutes is cleared I have no idea 

Don’t forget about the clearing by The Boss where part of the go karts were/where Catwoman was originally intended to go. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, Vonni said:

The only wooden coaster that will be open is American Thunder. Boomerang, and SkyScreamer will also be closed. Thats the only things I know of for sure. 

American Thunder is the best coaster in the park tho. . so it's worth the trip just for that.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

I am honestly excited to see what happens are our park.  Lots of places to work with now.

Any ideas what the new concrete pad is for at the old Moon Car track?

Dude...just...I can't even.

Thanks for the info, guys! Honestly, I think we may actually skip this park and just spend another day down in the Ozarks/maybe tour another one of the area caverns. If operations are an issue and we're already down 2/3 wood coasters, I don't think we really want to drive 3 hours each way for a Batman clone, Mr. Freeze, and the GCI. Maybe one day I'll make it back.

4 minutes ago, xVicesAndVirtues said:

Thanks for the info, guys! Honestly, I think we may actually skip this park and just spend another day down in the Ozarks/maybe tour another one of the area caverns. If operations are an issue and we're already down 2/3 wood coasters, I don't think we really want to drive 3 hours each way for a Batman clone, Mr. Freeze, and the GCI. Maybe one day I'll make it back.

Fair enough. I don't know for certain, but if we go by the aforementioned "inside the train tracks" you are forgetting Pandemonium (another clone), River King Mine Train, and Ninja. That said, none of those should sway you. I'd wait for our FOUR new open areas to become new roller coasters before you decide to return. 😉

We sell beer, so F*** Silver Dollar City!

On 10/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, CP_RULES said:

Actually, scratch that. Corporate hates us. Welcome to "Dirt: A Monument to Land." The new area to accompany Mudslinger, the new ride re-themed from Catwoman which will have a queue line made from paint lines on the fresh land. Boots required.

🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, bert425 said:

American Thunder is the best coaster in the park tho. . so it's worth the trip just for that.

You mean it will be the best coaster open in the park during HITP. As talked about, Screamin Eagle will be closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prozach626 said:

You mean it will be the best coaster open in the park during HITP. As talked about, Screamin Eagle will be closed.

Agreed, Screamin Eagle is sorely missed, flying through the trees during a nice fall day is the best :airtime:

Guess The Boss will have to be a stand in this year 🤣

5 hours ago, xVicesAndVirtues said:

Honestly in my opinion, SFStL HITP right now is really only for locals, not much for people traveling unless they really want to see the park lit up for the holidays or they just love American Thunder that much.

I wonder if the park ever did build something big in the back, like a one of a kind coaster, if they would consider opening the rest of the park during the holidays. (Staff shortages not included)

Eagle is indeed missed. But given the fact one of the forgotten corners of the park is getting a complete overhaul it might be worth it.

Just hope it doesn't end up looking like the spartan simple Supergirl area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danrarbc said:

Just hope it doesn't end up looking like the spartan simple Supergirl area.

I hope they add some kind of shade like tress or a shade pavilion, cause Supergirl area gets awful hot during the spring/summer months.

But totally agree @Danrarbc , sparse or not, I love seeing the park finally updating and removing a very dated area of the park and I can't wait to see what progress is done by opening season next year.

I don't know if it was a fluke or if I had too many of the aforementioned beers prozach626 mentioned that the park sells on my last visit, but I remember Eagle hauling ass, being really awesome/smooth and having great airtime in the back car. This was honestly one of the reasons I was hoping to add this park to our trip.