TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

I was about to say, "You drove when you were a kid?" and then I remembered that there is nothing but corn between St. Louis and Sandusky, so you know, have at it.

I mean I guess I “rode” haha.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:42 PM, ytterbiumanalyst said:

I was about to say, "You drove when you were a kid?" and then I remembered that there is nothing but corn between St. Louis and Sandusky, so you know, have at it.

Not true! You will pass some Waffle Houses on the way!

I was excited to visit for FF but I broke my wrist and no casts allowed on Batman or Mr. Freeze, so bummed about that. I've spent 6 days at SFStL and only have two rides on Freeze to show for it. I am not sure if I can add to that upsetting statistic haha

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 5:09 AM, liltrekkie said:

The last major investment? Either 2013, or 2008. Which would be 8 years ago, or 13 years ago.

Neither, the last major investment was in 2015.  The Justice League dark ride.  You might not consider it major but they were extremely expensive rides to build.  Easily several million dollars.  Enough to have built a decent affordable coaster.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 6:06 PM, southpuddle said:

Imagine getting so worked up about one SF park not getting shiny new rides. Dude, you live literally in the center of the country and within a day's drive or two hour flight of nearly every park east of the Mississippi. Go somewhere else.

You mean like Kings Island (6 hours), Great America (5 hours), Worlds of Fun (5 hours), Holiday World (3 hours), Mt. Olympus (6 hours), Kentucky Kingdom (4 hours), Silver Dollar City (5 hours),  and Indiana Beach (5 hours)? What a terrible set of options... 

On 9/25/2021 at 3:09 AM, liltrekkie said:

corporate hates our park

If a corporation doesn't "like" a portion of their business, almost always because of profit, they get rid of it. Six Flags is on company owned land, it turns a profit, and it gets a new ride almost every year.

It's only a perspective issue, because of your limited knowledge. You're flat out wrong.

• Like 1

Been out of the country for the last 10 days so just getting caught up. While we would all love a new coaster, I've always agreed with the stance that investments in the park that bring in the masses are better for the bottom line. For example many enthusiasts ignore the water park BUT the mom that has to sit all day while the kids ride stuff and she doesn't will notice the quality of the water park as that's where she will spend the day to relax and have a "pool" day. Multi-generational rides like JL, water slides, and the carousel are an investment and get a good roi for this particular park. We can argue all day about the demographics that make that reality, different for every park. Doesn't mean that corporate hates us or loves us, they do what's best for the bottom line. At some point we will get a new coaster, it just isn't a priority right now for park investment imho. 

As far as TW site goes, the boy says you are all crazy. He looked at it and there are no markers or any sign of anything happening there 😜

Zach, why does it take you 5 hours to get to SDC? Do you stop and eat rolls at Lamberts for two hours?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Zach, why does it take you 5 hours to get to SDC? Do you stop and eat rolls at Lamberts for two hours?

I thought the same thing for WOF. I can get to STL in 3.5 hrs, I’ll hope he’s stopping in Columbia to cheer on Mizzou.

19 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I'm in the metro-east. It takes me 50 minutes to get to SFSTL.

Edit- My phone says it takes four hours...

I don't know.

You must just go across the bridge really slow while you are watching Eagles 😉  Four hours sounds about right from your neighborhood, unless you stop off at Fast Eddie's for a few beers and a basket of peel and eat shrimp first.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:40 PM, STLSPINSANITY said:

Phone is telling you 4 hours because you are using the Mules from the failed Mule go Round ride.   LOL

My estimates were more, but my phone reeled it in to four hours after you guys pointed it out. But... Don't you EVER refer to the Mule-Go-Round as a failure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/3/2021 at 11:36 AM, teacherkim said:

Edit to the there is nothing going in where TW was comment; apparently there is a haunt maze in that space, so any "activity" anyone noticed before FF was that going in.

For the record that maze is WAY better than the last Camp Killamore attempt. The only time that was ever decent was when it used Hurricane Harbor facilities.

I'm actually fine with there only being 4 3 mazes this year, staffing is seems fine to run 4.

I was at Great America this weekend they have 6 mazes - in two cases I literally only saw 1-2 scare actors. And that's in a top tier park. Plus the Gates of Hell maze was just awful in general - they absolutely should have scrapped that one and had that staff spread out in the other 5 and it would have made the remaining mazes better. The 6th maze isn't helping spread the crowds out - almost nobody entered the Gates of Hell anyway (word gets around guys).

12 minutes ago, Vonni said:

Is Insanity Alley (or I guess its called Night Terrors now) one that is not operating this year? If so, I'm surprised, being that it stays up year round. Also, I quite like it. 

Yeah that one isn't in use. And I was wrong there's only 3 mazes - my point stands they're all better for it because staffing is fine.

13 minutes ago, bossstl said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they started building a house already this year for next year?

LOL.  This is Six Flags.  They'll start building a new house in like July that year at the earliest.

23 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Yeah that one isn't in use. And I was wrong there's only 3 mazes - my point stands they're all better for it because staffing is fine.

I wonder what the decision process was for that then. Being that its all set up, you'd think it would have been an obvious one to go with.

Lighting has always been one of my favorite parts of Fright Fest. But I do believe they've upped their game to at least some degree this season.

20211008_211332.thumb.jpg.4384a06fc04e9a6f142177f9e53f32ae.jpg

20211008_211510.thumb.jpg.e51ebf351516ee5c83c79415249bdf82.jpg

Figured I'd get a shot of the concrete pad Moon Cars' loading platform turned into. Wonder what they're planning for this.

20211008_215813.thumb.jpg.bea031e6da3b9deb0694470394525a9b.jpg

Edit: Nice to see Mine Train get some love for Fright Fest.

20211010_184902.thumb.jpg.4c4652909739f7cc658b162fa7ae5832.jpg

Edited by Danrarbc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1