TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Well I never found out what caused the fight but as an fyi to anyone headed to the park in the near future, latest intel from the ride op that lives in my house; Eagle is closed probably for the rest of the year with work walls all around the old games area, entrance and Superman. This is to facilitate the dismantling of Superman and construction of Catwoman Whip. Several of the games buildings have already been torn down. On the plus side, apparently when it is all done they will go back to using the original entrance of Eagle.

• Like 3

^With the exception of Eagle being closed for the rest of the season, the rest of this is fantastic news.  Those games buildings are so crappy, and having the entrance to Screamin Eagle in there always just seemed like kind of a slap in the face to a beloved ride.  Maybe the Eagle "ground art" in the queue will get a refresh too...

13 hours ago, DavidB said:

^Maybe the Eagle "ground art" in the queue will get a refresh too...

That little mosaic looked amazing back in the day… surely it can’t take THAT much dye to bring back the full red white and blue!

Happy to hear about the return of the lower entrance!!

2 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

I think Kim said just Eagle, not the whole park!

I did but I think Zach was being his usual sarcastic self and metaphorically giving his opinion that Eagle is the only good ride; therefore if it is closed for him the park might as well be closed.🙄

If I have to explain you to others Zach you aren't composing your posts well 😜

This is definitely a good thing even though it will be a short term bummer. I too hope they restore the rock mosaic, it really was super cool. As well as perhaps new signage that lists all of the coasters parameters that made it a world record breaker at the time. The current sign at the entrance/exit is in very sad shape and almost unreadable.

I actually talked to Tom Rebbie the owner/CEO of PTC about Eagle (we got to tour PTC at CoasterCon) and he definitely has a fondness for it since it was the last coaster designed by the company, whom John Allen worked for at the time. The company often gives out awards similar to ACE's landmark coaster thing, which Eagle already is, to parks that preserve PTC's.

• Like 1

Exciting to hear construction is finally getting under way.  Great news about the Eagle's queue as well.

Hopefully soon they will be building and installing, rather than demolishing and removing (as we have seen enough of that in the last few years).

On 9/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, Hydra66 said:

Considering a trip to the park next Saturday. Does anyone know if dragons wing is open and how much it cost to ride?

Should be. As far as price it varies a lot depending on whether or not they have a two for one going or pass/member discount (which is usually in play) or buy one get one half off or any number of other promotions. Worst case scenario it shouldn't cost you more than $15 pp

1 hour ago, TrippinBillie said:

Anyone know what's cookin over at the former Tidal Wave site? I hear there are markers on the ground.

Not yet but the boy is mostly working SkyScreamer now that Eagle is closed so I will tell him to try to get some info out of the supervisors. Of course he is 18 so he's not very talented at spying yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

There is still a ton of space the park could use for new areas or coaster. But we should face it, we aren't getting a new coaster anytime soon. Corporate absolutely hates our park. We are lucky we got the  all the maintenance, new fences and decks we did.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, liltrekkie said:

Corporate absolutely hates our park.

That's dumb. Corporate doesn't find the need to add anything else to our park, because the profit margins are good. If they didn't care, the maintenance budget would be pennies and there would be no upkeep. They could have easily plopped Catwoman down on its originally planned location and left Superman SBNO, instead of recognizing an entire area needed to be gutted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

That's dumb. Corporate doesn't find the need to add anything else to our park, because the profit margins are good. If they didn't care, the maintenance budget would be pennies and there would be no upkeep. They could have easily plopped Catwoman down on its originally planned location and left Superman SBNO, instead of recognizing an entire area needed to be gutted.

The maintenance budget is pennies. Only in the last couple years have they finally allocated a decent budget to catch up on the backlog. 

When was the last time we had a NEW coaster? 2007. 14 years ago. Boomerang was 8 years ago. Every ride we have gotten has been a generic clone other parks have gotten. Great America got a new coaster in 2019. But sure, keep telling yourself corporate doesn't hate our park. They do. 

1 hour ago, liltrekkie said:

When was the last time we had a NEW coaster? 2007. 14 years ago. Boomerang was 8 years ago. Every ride we have gotten has been a generic clone other parks have gotten. Great America got a new coaster in 2019. But sure, keep telling yourself corporate doesn't hate our park. They do. 

🤣😂

howthatworks.gif.8d71857e9191464101064aa0b525fe9f.gif

• Like 1

It's exactly how it works. We just dont bring in the revenue to warrant spending the money on a new coaster.

Look, face the facts. the ROI on a coaster just isnt there for our park. And don't get me wrong, I absolutely love our park, what we have its amazing. But we aren't getting a coaster this year, next year, or anytime in the next 5 to 10 years. It is what it is. I'm still gonna enjoy the hell out of the park. But we should stop living in some fantasy land that cooperate is going to spend that kind of money on it. It's not gonna happen.  

We have three major wooden coasters, all of which require lots of upkeep over the off-season. All of them run pretty well (Boss might not be the smoothest but I don't think any amount of track work could fix those godawful trains). That requires a large maintenance budget alone.

Yeah, it's annoying we haven't gotten a major coaster in awhile. But the bellyaching, "corporate-is-ignoring-us" comments are so tired at this point. There's like 4 parks in the chain that get new coasters regularly. Coasters also aren't the only investments parks need. I mean, we were in the first pair of parks to receive Justice League, which is more exciting to me than most of the recent Six Flags coasters. We are also receiving millions to renovate a carousel, which most parks would have discarded of by now.