TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Speaking of tracking, it would make my year to have RMC use their brand new track replacement instead of giving it the I-box treatment. I understand that would be a lot of money for little marketing return. I'd gladly take it over a new coaster. Crazy, right?

Are you referring to Boss here?  If so, not crazy at all.  The layout is perfectly fine as is.

Yeah if they're doing a track conversion they'll be changing the layout.

One of the early peaks could easily be lowered and turned into an inversion. And there could probably be a stall under the lift hill.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:45 PM, prozach626 said:

Emily and I stopped by the park Friday for a couple beers and rides, after we were in the area for dinner. Here are some proofread highlights:

It was cold and raining, but the park seemed pretty steady. The parking entrance was 5-10 cars deep in all rows. We were kind of expecting walk-on rides, because of the drizzle and cold, but that wasn't the case.

Batman's queue was past the tunnel on the first drop, so we passed on that. The new queue entrance is nice. I was really hoping to see the station lighting.

The lights on American Thunder were a nice touch, but on the Ninja they looked phenomenal against the white supports. Shall I say Cedar Fair'ish? I'd love to see this continued. We didn't get to see the lights on Freeze, due to wait times. We didn't check, but we saw a steady line of people entering the queue.

Screaming Eagle was running great in the safe seats, as per usual. Middle cars, first row, as we ride most wooden coasters that are not GCI's. Eagle is still a shining star. I'm glad our coaster tastes have matured into really appreciating it. The jog through the woods is great.

American Thunder actually had a little rattle to it, not to be confused with roughness. Hopefully it stops there. I'm wondering if it was a maintenance budget thing in the off season, or if it will just be due for some tracking, sometime soon.

Speaking of tracking, it would make my year to have RMC use their brand new track replacement instead of giving it the I-box treatment. I understand that would be a lot of money for little marketing return. I'd gladly take it over a new coaster. Crazy, right?

It was nice to see Xcaliber running, and Boomerang. We seem to almost always catch Boomerang when it's closed closed. We didn't ride either, but they're fun to watch cycle.

JB's was really looking cleaned up. There's a DJ booth in the DC plaza, so we drank our beer and laughed watching kids get down to the music. They have no shame.

Log Flume and Thunder River were closed. Cold weather.

Superman was... closed... I'm not going to beat a dead horse with how the area looks.

The crowd was way more tame than I thought it would be for a late night closing. I saw a lot of families... and an idiot family pushing around an infant in a stroller during cold drizzle at 11pm. It makes me feel like a good parent. (our toddler was in good with my In-laws for the night. #datenight)

Bring back Budweiser products on tap, please.

We'll make the 50 minute drive for a return visit this year... sometime. Nights alone are a rarity, anymore. I never realized handing off Eve for a night would come with such a mixed bag of feelings like guilt, joy, regret, and freedom. wtf

Cheers.

NO comments on Boss? While I certainly appreciate this report, I am going to have to issue a warning for this lapse of judgement. Thanks for posting! I haven't seen any of the new lighting yet so you have reminded me I have a reason to return!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tndank said:

Screenshot_20210603-225229_Instagram.jpg

What was up with this?  Did I miss something?  Did you see SDC's response?

Spent like 45 minutes catching up on the posts here.  Haven't visited the park in like over two years and really have no desire to go back any time soon.

Just got back from spending a week in Branson, 4 days of which we visited SDC and it is just a much nicer, much friendlier park.  Not to dog on SFSTL anymore than usually occurs on this thread.

ProZach we still need to meetup in the neighborhood someday, sorry to hear about your work related injury and hope all else is well, can't believe you're little one is already a toddler.  They grow up so quick.

Yes HWFan is really missed around here.  I know someone here was in contact with his parents here.  I hope they know how fondly he was thought of here.  

Also miss the old SFSTL.net those were good ole days.

Anyway end of my 2:30 AM ramble.  Carry on!

• Like 1

^Thanks. The injury wasn't that bad. I just have a small red mark I hope will go away, eventually.

Good to see you posting again.

On 6/2/2021 at 7:06 PM, CP_RULES said:

NO comments on Boss? 

We didn't ride it this visit.

I'm surprised no one said anything about the turkey leg incident.

3 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Hahahahahahaha this is just hilarious. Hey WoF, I do smile when I picture myself at SFStL! Joke’s on you!

They're just mad they have the worst invert B&M ever made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, Danrarbc said:

They're just mad they have the worst invert B&M ever made.

Honestly pretty much the only thing WoF has on SFStL in relation to rides is the seatbelts on the coasters, particularly Patriot and Mamba. Not sure if the average person is bigger in KC than STL (Patriot had a designated row for 'bigger' people) but the last time I was there it was nice to not have to really worry about seatbelts fitting since they stretched forever and only 'tightened' once snapped in. REALLY wish Freeze and Batman had those seatbelts. Not sure if it could be retrofitted (suspect it would more or less necessitate taking the entire trains apart to install a new seatbelt system) but it'd be nice to see something to that effect in the future; I'm too tall to ride Freeze since the seatbelt just barely doesn't snap on me so I might not ever be able to ride it, which is a shame.

To be fair, I haven't be to SFStL in a few years now so I'm not sure if anything's changed re: restraint systems, but it's a thought.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:34 PM, prozach626 said:

Maybe the comment was made in reference to the turkey leg incident.

So all the ride op that lives in my house knew was that there was some sort of fight or incident in the line of the turkey leg stand near Excalibur, close to the end of the day on Memorial Day. And that a ton of security and stuff went rushing over there. Now my curiosity is peaked and I am super dying to know what happened. Yes. I am nosy.

2 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

So all the ride op that lives in my house knew was that there was some sort of fight or incident in the line of the turkey leg stand near Excalibur, close to the end of the day on Memorial Day. And that a ton of security and stuff went rushing over there. Now my curiosity is peaked and I am super dying to know what happened. Yes. I am nosy.

it got posted to Youtube:

basically, there was a fight over someone jumping the line, and in the ensuing fight, the cart went over the embankment and landed on it's side.

and, OF COURSE, the people that were lined up?  hopped over the fence and started stealing the spilled contents - which is what all the security was about.

I couldn't watch the whole thing, as it's goddamned embarrassing.   

really?  and the woman filming keeps saying: "you're gonna arrest her over a Turkey leg??"   

Yes. . it's STEALING.

just some shameful behavior.

• Sad 2

And this my friends is why I always have the Fast Lane/Flash Pass, and don't frequently wait in food lines, at a park that has more than 3 other people in it.

Oh for f**k's sake. I am so sorry I asked. Guess this is my punishment for being nosy in the first place. How embarrassing. She reminds me of my students who will exchange answers right in front of me and then assure me it isn't cheating because it's not a test. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure which thing is being referred to. But the KC/STL feud thing plays out with other states. And the turkey leg incident could have played out in any US park - Kings Island literally had to shut down under similar circumstances a week earlier.

We do a lot wrong, but the last couple things discussed aren't things we're all alone in ;)

So for anyone who is interested I got some details on the turkey leg incident. This was via my personal ride op who got it from a supervisor, so it's been through a few people BUT........apparently, there are only a finite number of turkey legs available each day due to the fact that they have to smoke/roast overnight. So they had told the people in line we only have enough to get through person A but that the other stand still had some and they could go there, which most people did. However, one person started arguing about it since that line was longer and she clearly did not understand what a finite number means 🙄 That started the argument, that turned into a fight, that turned over the cart, that killed the fly, etc etc.

Best part: the "cart" that was turned over were the turkey legs that were getting ready to go into the cooker for the next day so they were fighting over turkey legs that were not even cooked yet. I hope they all got sick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, thisdougsforu said:

How are things at the park this year? My last visit was Frightfest in 2019. Was mulling over taking my girls there for Father's Day on Sunday, assuming that the park is now more/less operating as per usual. 

Ninja, American Thunder and Mr Freeze were all one-train ops yesterday.

Which shockingly didn't make American Thunder's line super horrible (although it would have been a stair wait otherwise). But Mr Freeze is abysmal with one train pretty much all of the time. It was pretty disappointing though, because Sunday is still a weekend day.