TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

Who here remembers Tilt-more Hotel?  or another walk-through attraction, the Haunted House down where Tidal Wave used to be?

I remember both!! I seem to remember they didn't even staff the Haunted House, you just walked through and got "spooked" by the atmosphere and decor. 

7 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Wait I thought they would do an electronic sign since it was new?! Did I invent that? And why didn't they put the new arch logo thingy on it?

I think that was speculation on the forum because of the hint that said they couldn't wait to see it at night. So we expected lighting to be involved.

• Thanks 1

I don’t remember those, but wasn’t there a gator show where Pandemonium is now? It was some other aquatic show before my time, I think mentioned a few pages ago. Can’t wait to see what all has changed when I go tomorrow! Do they still have the metal detector airport screening style entry?

8 hours ago, bossstl said:

I'm still holding out hope that the mulego round makes an appearance in June.

8 hours ago, SteveStL said:

Don't be diss'ing the Mule Go Round!  Still hoping that will come back one these years, Yes... the 300 Foot Version!

What if it's a mule go round in a challenging location?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

I don’t remember those, but wasn’t there a gator show where Pandemonium is now? It was some other aquatic show before my time, I think mentioned a few pages ago. Can’t wait to see what all has changed when I go tomorrow! Do they still have the metal detector airport screening style entry?

Parts of the old security checkpoint are still standing.

But the actual working bit is all-new. There are just two new scanners than you walk through without removing anything from your pockets.

2 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

I expected a place for updates but this is definitely clean.

Surprised they didn't, I guess they didn't want to bother with updating it any more, or else they could be saving that feature for a taller sign facing the interstate?

Edit: They have a space on the other side for manual updates:

183731492_10157723651041916_5547716086914519458_n.thumb.jpg.5df0f8c8195df32149d29ca713aa6881.jpg

Either way it still looks good, glad to see they are extended the love to all corners of the park. Next up, update the parking gates, give them a more modern clean apperance. That would make the front parkway entrance really stand out.

Edit: They also posted that they are fixing up the flag poles in the plaza and are having all flags flying again, but they didn't mention if it would be the actual Six Flags that flew over the United States.

1 hour ago, Danrarbc said:

Do they still have the metal detector airport screening style entry?

Like Danrarbc said, they have all new imaging scanners that is a breeze to walk through unless you have a stroller or handbag thats to thick. If they suspect or can't see whats on you, they will pull you to the side to do a full check. They also have a touchless temp reader that you have to walk through now, and they have a lot more security than I ever remember in prior years not only at the entrance, but throughout the park. Also has anyone noticed all the bomb sniffer dogs at the entrance? Never would thought that would be a problem.

15 hours ago, SteveStL said:

Don't be diss'ing the Mule Go Round!  Still hoping that will come back one these years, Yes... the 300 Foot Version!

I made a Photoshop image of this… kind of a mule-go-round crossed with SkyScreamer… I don’t know if I still have it, though…

1 hour ago, Danrarbc said:

Well they're probably programmable so they can theme it. Power Hours fits that look.

That would be interesting to see other colors for different events, I was wondering before if the same could be applied to all the new LED spotlights around the park and on the coasters. I guess we will have to wait and see what else they have in store. 😁

If RGB lighting has been purchased it isn't that much money these days to make them addressable. A little $4 board can run a 300-600 LED light show - pair them together to get more lights. The trees they use for the Palace HITP show can be run on $35 Raspberry Pi computers (which they're already using for the POS systems).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

It was a dolphin show in the 70's and then (thankfully because the tank for the dolphins was quite small) replaced by a diving show, humans only, and then filled in for Pandemonium. 

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

It was a dolphin show in the 70's and then (thankfully because the tank for the dolphins was quite small) replaced by a diving show, humans only, and then filled in for Pandemonium. 

Actually after the dive show it became the Robin Hood Show (Sherwood Forest Theater) and then replaced by Pandemonium 

• Like 1

The sign looks okay ... a modest improvement over the old one IMO. I didn't have high expectations for it so no harm done. I’m curious why they went with the generic SF logo and didn’t try to somehow incorporate even a silhouette of the Arch in the background to match their new branding lately. 

6 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Actually after the dive show it became the Robin Hood Show (Sherwood Forest Theater) and then replaced by Pandemonium 

Now that you say that I very vaguely remember that they had that but frankly do not remember anything about it. I think that was around the time I was first married, spending all my non-working time showing my horses and just wasn't at the park much in those days.

But as long as we are getting all nostalgic and talking about mule go round's and dolphin shows I found this when I was trying to jar my memory of the Robin Hood Show. Should bring some memories for some of you, it did for me. Including enjoying the parking lot tram as much as any of the rides when I was very young, lol.

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/hotlist/jet-scream-momo-the-monster-mule-go-round-and-more-six-flags-attractions-of-yore/collection_24261912-63ba-5312-94d2-045d643af7b0.html#25

P.S. - Time Tunnel was the traditional teen make out ride of it's day........!

P.P.S. -  Digging all the moms wearing their dresses to the theme parks. Picturing my mom with her 70's bouffant ; )

• Like 1

Made it to the park yesterday with my husband for the first time in many years. I don't recall when it last was, but my best guess is 2014 because Boomerang was in but not Fireball or Spinsanity. That said, I used to frequent this park and had a season pass in the 2007-2010 timeframe. The main reason for visiting was to activate our season passes for 2021, which we got for $50 with parking included. We arrived at the park around 2:30 pm.

IMG_1031.thumb.jpg.92452365cadb74dcb08b085afc5d1de2.jpg

The new sign is not impressive. That is all.

entrySNIP.thumb.png.022dfc0d7df58aac630485922b7a995c.png

The new front entrance was very nice, but the season pass processing was even nicer. How long have you not had to go to member services to activate your pass? I was very impressed that our pictures were taken at the gate and we were handed our season passes immediately as we walked in.

IMG_1033.thumb.jpg.747572387824e315f4f22e80358dd12e.jpg

It didn't take long to realize it was dead at the park. Since we already had our passes, we figured we would ride a few rides. A nice cool day with rain potentially in the forecast kept crowds low. We immediately walked right onto Batman.

IMG_1034.thumb.jpg.5ca6645b508be5ef99b31b48a763b706.jpg

The new queue cut-through is smaller than I thought, but it will still be nice. Batman has so much reserve queue available it needed a shortcut.

IMG_1035.thumb.jpg.3e26c802c1d0abe662d6856f20872786.jpg

The dividers in Batman's queue were the only ones with plexiglass, all of the others were still little caves.

IMG_1036.thumb.jpg.a251bafb27a182e575e06a108752942b.jpg

This is new to me, but it had a line and we were not about lines today.

IMG_1037.thumb.jpg.2d809c83f48b59b3c5250380d0eabca2.jpg

My husband used to work in this pizza place before we knew each other. Now it is another boarded up building in the Screamin' Eagle area.

IMG_1038.thumb.jpg.63fbd1d8dd9074937f3cfdd709e3649a.jpg

Along with this (Superman is in the background here).

IMG_1039.thumb.jpg.6c5035124456495300e06c2c754cc77f.jpg

And all of this.

IMG_1040.thumb.jpg.1345716066024dbb4e26d88b0a79250f.jpg

And all of this. Hopefully Catwoman revamps this area.

IMG_1041.thumb.jpg.d7d9eb868c9b22091046278c7a11dac8.jpg

Eagle was a walk-on though and it still holds its place!

IMG_1042.thumb.jpg.00cace256bc2098b16e39efa93a1f0eb.jpg

There might be people here.

IMG_1043.thumb.jpg.ec194f74ff4752321f0974de2e3f852c.jpg

I see you former double helix! Boss was open, as was pretty much everything (including Excalibur and Thunder River). I have to say, I love Boss and always have, but it has gotten BRUTAL.

IMG_1044.thumb.jpg.270aeb9ea8ba8780916661a73fbcf490.jpg

I LOVE THE BOSS. The layout is the best of the best, as are the elements. The airtime and laterals are still strong, but the jackhammering is just too much. The MCBR doesn't kill the speed as much as I thought it would, but the ride is just too rough. Something has got to give. Even the new helix was terrible.

IMG_1045.thumb.jpg.0aedda856e3805f2f0613496bee1f2c6.jpg

Supergirl was fun and has a great lighting package.

IMG_1046.thumb.jpg.afdb6762d4c4391460f9d53a5f5929c7.jpg

Some new wood in the Boss queue.

IMG_1047.thumb.jpg.8d20dc852db97a271da4e04e69783b95.jpg

Boss had the cave theme going on too. Headache ensued after this picture.

IMG_1048.thumb.jpg.06d4181357ac628bd156f1f41272af5b.jpg

The former Catwoman area. Anyone know what they are doing with the go karts now? We went to Mr. Freeze after this, then American Thunder. Both were fantastic. I think American Thunder might be my favorite GCI I have ridden still to this day. Great airtime today.

IMG_1049.thumb.jpg.1ade199ce8d0eb65c49ae96eda7149c7.jpg

And the only ride of the day with a significant line goes to DC blaster masters or whatever it is these days. I didn't ride Scooby Doo for years because the line was always long, I guess this one will be the same. Dark rides aren't my thing anyways.

Overall we spent about 2 hours at the park and got to ride everything we wanted and more. Off to new parks we haven't been to we go!

• Like 2

the Justice League rides are amazing when all the effects are working.

next time you're around one?  give it a ride, you'll love it.  (it's a shooting dark ride. . think Toystory Mania crossed with SpiderMan).

Thanks for the report.  I'm still surprised they haven't RMC'd The Boss yet, it certainly must be high on the list but I just don't think corporate seems to care a lot about this park right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SharkTums said:

Thanks for the report.  I'm still surprised they haven't RMC'd The Boss yet, it certainly must be high on the list but I just don't think corporate seems to care a lot about this park right now. 

A reply from Elissa and my day is made. It clearly still has a high rider demand and even with the exhausting ride all the younger folks behind me claiming they'd been "re-birthed" went around and rode again. It didn't stop me from riding, and here I am posting about it. As much as I'd love to see it refurbished, if people keep riding why do it from a financial perspective?

On a COVID-19 note, the park still requires a mask and they were very strict and vocal about keeping your mask on at all times. They were stopping rides and sanitizing them once per hour. Everything was full capacity otherwise. The mask strictness was especially apparent on rides, the ops would come over the speaker and tell people to put their mask on during the ride. Interesting because WOF's new policies are much less stringent:

image.thumb.png.44578173787e4cf4f3df3a014f9b2e35.png