TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

^ oh. .it's NEVER just 5 large member cups.

Friends (or kids) come up, and hand their cups to the people in line as well.

So frustrating!

Thankfully that never really happen during my hour wait for food yesterday, most people who were standing in the drink line were people that were overflowing from the mobile order line or disgruntled because there food was bad. One guy waited about 30mins to get a replacement cheeseburger because it had hair cooked into the patty. Now what I was talking about was during a few of the mobile pickups, we thought they had the line moving again, but then someone was like I want 5 refills of my large member cups after they grabbed their food 😂

20 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

The food thing really does seem to be a chain wide problem. I waited 20 minutes for a soda refill and then 1 hour for food at SFOT a couple weeks ago and we didn't even eat until 3pm just trying to avoid the worst of the crowds.

Now SFSTL just raised their pay to about $12 per hour, not sure if that is chain wide or unique to them but we will see if that gets them more employees. Clearly parks do have a severe labor shortage overall and food service is probably the hardest area to staff.

They seem they really have a hard time with their computer system, and tracking orders. It seems the amount of orders that were coming in, was like they couldn't keep up with orders that were already prepared and keep the line moving.

I really hope Six Flags can find a way of enticing more people to work for them, $12 local is not bad if that is starting pay at least for teenagers. I would think that's better than most starting pay at other local fast food chains.

I still believe Six Flags needs to install a food locker system for mobile orders. The bottleneck seems to be customer-facing staff, not the kitchens.

If anyone has been to a Little Cesar's recently they have their Pizza Portals that keep your food warm and they unlock with a QR code and/or PIN code sent to your phone. The kitchen is able to just make food and toss it into these things.

LittleCaesarsPizzaPortalpickup.thumb.jpg.f7eb4e7bb09ddac4fe4e846534f2ea16.jpg

• Like 2

It's about on par. I think McDonalds is offering $11 and if it's only a couple miles from your house........

The food locker thing seems like a practical idea. They really need to do something. There have been some glitches with the mobile ordering it seems this year too, got to get that worked out.

Just now, Danrarbc said:

I still believe Six Flags needs to install a food locker system for mobile orders. The bottleneck seems to be customer-facing staff, not the kitchens.

If anyone has been to a Little Cesar's recently they have their Pizza Portals that keep your food warm and they unlock with a QR code and/or PIN code sent to your phone. The kitchen is able to just make food and toss it into these things.

That honestly would be an awesome thing for Six Flags to add, though in the world of Covid, I wonder how well they would keep that clean.

I also think its a lack of communication between the staff manning the counter, and the kitchen. All the kitchen sees is order after order popping up on there screens, there was no real communication between the two either verbally or digitally. For example, when we were shouting order numbers down the line, the supervisor started with the oldest first which was a 2 HOUR order that was still sitting in the heat window and of course that person was long gone. One order of 4 boxes of chicken tenders was thrown straight into the trash can because that person left.

• Like 1

^ Well, that'll be a fun, cozy, crowded time at the park. :omg: But if you're an RV Freek ....GO FOR IT!

(I used to go to the RV shows here in Vancouver, when I was younger. I loved them!)

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2021 at 5:16 PM, teacherkim said:

Now SFSTL just raised their pay to about $12 per hour, not sure if that is chain wide or unique to them but we will see if that gets them more employees. Clearly parks do have a severe labor shortage overall and food service is probably the hardest area to staff.

I think a lot of the issues with food labor is that, at least when I last worked there 5 years ago, a good portion of the staff in Culinary Services were foreign workers that Six Flags hired through some kind of employment program and housed in the Holiday Inn. I'm sure Covid hurt the park's ability to have those workers during the last year+ due to travel restrictions. I know staffing has always been an issue, but it probably is pretty difficult to replace all of them, Covid notwithstanding. Not really an excuse, to be sure, but it's understandable at least.

The park is looking pretty good, considering last year. Considering Catwoman is going to need different clearances, I would only imagine significant changes will take place in that area. I don't expect anything to happen this year when attention can be paid elsewhere.

I'm with everyone else hoping something is done about Eagle's queue.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, jamesk25 said:

TAll the kitchen sees is order after order popping up on there screens, there was no real communication between the two either verbally or digitally.

I mean... is verbal communication even a thing anymore, for the oncoming workforce?...

On 4/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, teacherkim said:

The food thing really does seem to be a chain wide problem. I waited 20 minutes for a soda refill and then 1 hour for food at SFOT a couple weeks ago and we didn't even eat until 3pm just trying to avoid the worst of the crowds.

This is always a conversation. I don't understand why people keep eating food at SF parks. I wouldn't wait an hour at my favorite pizza place, let alone for park food. Not even cinnamon bread is worth an hour.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:01 PM, JonR said:

I'll always do a drop ride multiple times if the lines aren't too long. To me and my family they are a staple at the parks.  Love the Intamin towers. Heck, I'll marathon them. Done several on the order of 10 times in a row. The unique drop pattern of Superman was great as well. Removal leaves a hole in the ride offering. It's not just about the number of rides, ride balance is important. 

Pulling two rides in one season with no replacement on the 50th anniversary is  a bold move.  With everything else going to shit might as well make some hard decisions.  Hopefully this will be the end of pulling rides for awhile. Moon car removal was inevitable due to the catering move to it's previous location.  The track was just too small to be interesting.  Driving through American Thunder was fun though!  But you lose another family ride.  Maybe it will show up someplace else with a bigger track.

Catwoman  Whip doesn't thrill me, but a refurbished carousel is awesome!

I do think the strength of the park is the 3 woodies.  I worked at the park for 4 summers in the 80s and had season passes for multiple years before that.  I get to the park 1 or 2 times per year when I'm back in the St. Louis area to visit family. 

I think the balance will still be there, replacing Superman with a visually imposing thrill ride, which also capitalizes on height. Superman was probably my favorite drop tower and it will be personally missed, but only to an extent. (The loss won't personally be as bad as when we lost Mr. Freeze...) It seemed so much taller than it was and the view was good. But, as far as popularity goes, I don't think SFSTL is missing much. 

The Moon Cars ate shit after Evil Kinevil was added. I remember we were all surprised to see them come back and the opinions were mixed at best. I was looking forward to taking Eve on them, as one of the only rides she could go on, but it's a good long term play.

• Like 3

Zach on the issue of eating at the parks, I get what you are saying, but when you are out of town and have 1 day and are barely getting all the coasters in with Platinum pass you really don't have time to leave. Mom can (and is willing) to give up a few coasters to wait in line for food so the boy can get all his creds. And being there until well after 8 pm we needed some nourishment. #whatmomsdo

• Like 1

Just wondering if the Moon Cars will be relocated or gone for good.

Hope SF has plans for the Moon Car track, as it will look pretty awful as it rots away around AT's Turnaround.

Will buildings get removed when they Install Catwoman Whip at the old Tower's Site?  I'd imagine some would.

Speaking of rotting concrete, hope they have plans for the remaining portion of the Go Kart Track.

SFStL has a lot of work ahead of them, all the half-baked areas (tidal wave, go kart and moon car roadways, and general emptiness)

4 hours ago, SteveStL said:

Just wondering if the Moon Cars will be relocated or gone for good.

Hope SF has plans for the Moon Car track, as it will look pretty awful as it rots away around AT's Turnaround.

Will buildings get removed when they Install Catwoman Whip at the old Tower's Site?  I'd imagine some would.

Speaking of rotting concrete, hope they have plans for the remaining portion of the Go Kart Track.

SFStL has a lot of work ahead of them, all the half-baked areas (tidal wave, go kart and moon car roadways, and general emptiness)

Some grass seed will clean up tidal wave and go carts.

Maybe if the park brought in a Dinosaur attraction that would help the park.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bossstl said:

Some grass seed will clean up tidal wave and go carts.

Worked so well for Cedar Fair...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, prozach626 said:

The park is looking pretty good, considering last year. Considering Catwoman is going to need different clearances, I would only imagine significant changes will take place in that area. I don't expect anything to happen this year when attention can be paid elsewhere.

I'm with everyone else hoping something is done about Eagle's queue.

My guess looking at it from Google Maps, to fit the ride in between Screaming Eagle and Boomerang they will need to clear out the area behind Superman such as that white shed (I'm guessing Superman's maintenance shed?) and the queue will take the place of the former ride and its old queue. I hope we start to see work soon, or at least updated promo material. I don't care much for the ride type, but I am excited to see the area change.

1496318868_Screenshot(7).png.faeccd7a0d8eaa69f1a76659b08a2ae0.png

I mean... is verbal communication even a thing anymore, for the oncoming workforce?...

Sadly your not wrong, communication anywhere you go these days is very sparse.

This is always a conversation. I don't understand why people keep eating food at SF parks. I wouldn't wait an hour at my favorite pizza place, let alone for park food. Not even cinnamon bread is worth an hour.

I personally wouldn't have waited so long if it wasn't for the entertainment it provided. I usually would leave the park to eat but with Covid rules, I am still unsure about reentry into the park since they have to scan the reservations and I don't want to be screwed just cause I left the park to get food.

8 hours ago, SteveStL said:

The only thing for sure is that they mentioned they are currently in talks for something to replace it

20210402_130948_HDR.thumb.jpg.d99f036d9cf537a11a98772be755d3b5.jpg

Speaking of rotting concrete, hope they have plans for the remaining portion of the Go Kart Track

My guess no, with the sudden change to move Catwoman I think all plans for this section is on hold. I would, just like Screaming Eagle, love them to re-profile the Boss queue into the old go carts instead of the bridges and stairs 🥵 Its not very ADA friendly either, so that could be something that they are considering.

I rather see empty grass spots then rotting rides, buildings, etc. Anybody remember rotting Hannibarells? 😂

On another note though I would love to see them build some quite zones into the park, I just seen on their new map that they are now Certified Autism Centers and that would be cool to see that implemented in the park for people who needs a break from sensory overload.

161349001_10158420057277917_5603401407844783933_n.thumb.jpg.a43e166bf33ab9818045a424cc3a2b19.jpg

CREDIT: Saint Louis Zoo

3 hours ago, bossstl said:

Saying Saint Louis Zoo is getting a Dinosaur attraction this year, I doubt it. But I do hope they will give more information on whats to come to Six Flags StL next year besides Catwoman's whip.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

The only thing for sure is that they mentioned they are currently in talks for something to replace it

The only way I can see fitting a ride there is putting a flat back behind American Thunder where the work shed for the cars was. And then stretching the queue to the midway basically using the Moon Cars path(s).

Looking at recent flats Six Flags ordered that we don't have, Tilt-A-Whirl and Air Race, and I think either would fit back there. I'm not sure a Tourbillon would.

I would love to see a pavilion expansion/better early entry area. It always feels sketchy the way they lead you through back alley paths into the Spain area. Having a better early entrance that's clearly marked as such would make for a better experience, plus it would help market  memberships to guests with season passes, or (god forbid) day tickets.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:15 PM, teacherkim said:

Zach on the issue of eating at the parks, I get what you are saying, but when you are out of town and have 1 day and are barely getting all the coasters in with Platinum pass you really don't have time to leave. Mom can (and is willing) to give up a few coasters to wait in line for food so the boy can get all his creds. And being there until well after 8 pm we needed some nourishment. #whatmomsdo

I have almost always brought a cooler with grapes/carrots/something like that and fixings to make sandwiches when I went to SFStL (and many other parks, for that matter). Leave the cooler in the car, throw some drinks in there and bring some snacks/chips and you're all set. A walk to the parking lot and eating picnic style under a tree takes the same or less time than eating in the park. It also takes less time than trying to drive somewhere and re-park. Saves a ton of money too! I think I am going to use this method on my park visits this year given the reports of lines and to keep the trips budget friendly. You can always buy a cheap styrofoam cooler to throw out if you are traveling by air and don't have a cooler that travels easily.

14 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

The only way I can see fitting a ride there is putting a flat back behind American Thunder where the work shed for the cars was. And then stretching the queue to the midway basically using the Moon Cars path(s).

Looking at recent flats Six Flags ordered that we don't have, Tilt-A-Whirl and Air Race, and I think either would fit back there. I'm not sure a Tourbillon would.

13 hours ago, castaway_kid said:

The sign never says that the future of the site will be a ride... 😉

To be truthfully honest, I would rather just see them rip up the track, seed the lawn and put out a few park benches/mobile food stands in that area for the time being. So that the majority of the time and money is spent on redoing the Screaming Eagle/Catwoman Plaza, fixing the now torn up former go carts, and prepping for a hopeful BIG new roller coaster in Tidal Wave's old spot 👍

But Danrarbc, if I would see a flat ride squeeze into that location, I would think it would have be quite small (like Shazam small) to fit in front of American Thunder. I wouldn't think they would install anything behind, and I don't see the park getting any of those flat rides any time soon if ever. Now out of the box thinking, if they were to build a custom junior coaster that interacted with Thunder, that would be amazing to see. In terms of what coasters Six Flags have installed a lot of, we still have not got a 4D Spin Coaster, if it were to be installed vertically along side the train bridge and extended back to that shed I think that would fit and the queue could stay roughly in the same spot 🤔

Or... really thinking, give American Thunder more track space, RMC it 😂

12 hours ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

I would love to see a pavilion expansion/better early entry area. It always feels sketchy the way they lead you through back alley paths into the Spain area. Having a better early entrance that's clearly marked as such would make for a better experience, plus it would help market  memberships to guests with season passes, or (god forbid) day tickets.

I thought about that too, but I don't think they would waste that small of space just to add a few more picnic shelters. And I think that would be a weird early entry point having to go through the pavilion and under the tracks, instead of going through the water park entrance (I never seen the Spain early entry?)

2 hours ago, tuyetthanh299 said:

You need to come down under and ride the Giant Drop at Dreamworld worlds tallest :)

Tallest drop towers in the world

1.Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom 415 feet (126 m)

2.Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom 400 feet (120 m)

3.The Giant Drop 377 feet (115 m)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

I have almost always brought a cooler with grapes/carrots/something like that and fixings to make sandwiches when I went to SFStL (and many other parks, for that matter). Leave the cooler in the car, throw some drinks in there and bring some snacks/chips and you're all set. A walk to the parking lot and eating picnic style under a tree takes the same or less time than eating in the park. It also takes less time than trying to drive somewhere and re-park. Saves a ton of money too! I think I am going to use this method on my park visits this year given the reports of lines and to keep the trips budget friendly. You can always buy a cheap styrofoam cooler to throw out if you are traveling by air and don't have a cooler that travels easily.

Again, I get all that and that may be true but when you are out of town that would necessitate bringing a cooler with you on a plane. And dealing with dragging it up to the hotel to get ice and yada, yada, yada........it just isn't always doable.

8 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

I thought about that too, but I don't think they would waste that small of space just to add a few more picnic shelters. And I think that would be a weird early entry point having to go through the pavilion and under the tracks, instead of going through the water park entrance (I never seen the Spain early entry?)

They did in 2019, haven't been back to the park (or any park) since then. You got in 15 minutes early with a Gold Plus or higher membership. This was in addition to the early waterpark entry, not instead of it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Again, I get all that and that may be true but when you are out of town that would necessitate bringing a cooler with you on a plane. And dealing with dragging it up to the hotel to get ice and yada, yada, yada........it just isn't always doable.

Check my last sentence. Stop at any grocery store between the airport and the park and pick up a styrofoam cooler for a few bucks. The convenience is way worth avoiding unreliable service at the park. I guess it just depends on how "doable" you really want it to be. For me, insane markup on crappy park food and waiting 1+ hours for it is not doable. 

• Like 1