TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

On 3/16/2021 at 9:00 AM, castaway_kid said:

Primo's North Pizza was turned into a second employee dining facility. This makes it much nicer for team members in north park as they don't have to use up 10 minutes of their 30 minute break walking to and from their location.

Yes. And they were also using the area just inside the picnic pavilions, where they sometimes set up a buffet food option for park guests as a dining area for employees as well last summer when they first reopened  after the initial lockdown. So they did not have to have indoor dining for the employees.

1 hour ago, liltrekkie said:

People usually went to the back for Eagle though, so I think the queue length will be the same. The other rides are just conveniently located there, so they end up riding them since they were there anyway.

I agree, it dominates the skyline too much. People will still ride it even if they have to search a bit for the entrance. And since the majority of park visitors are somewhat local, everyone knows where it is anyway. 

• Like 2

On another topic, we just got back from a quick one day trip to SFOT. They were loading every row of every coaster with at least 2 trains going. They did have plexiglass partitions between each row's waiting area in the station, which makes sense to me as that is where people are clustered. Curious if SFSTL will start this. I know as of last weekend's training they were still preparing to load every other row. Which begs the question: Are the procedures coming down from corporate and some parks are just going rogue? Of is it at the discretion of each park president? Or is it different for each depending on the guidelines of the state and/or county that particular is located in?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, liltrekkie said:

Superman has been removed from the app. Curiously, I don't see anything about the moon cars on the app either.

Six Flags indirectly confirmed both are gone on Monday.

Texas has "opened up" since march, lifting mask mandates and allowing businesses to be at 100% capacity. It didn't make major news networks, because loosening COVID restrictions are no longer controversial enough.

Executive order GA-34, available for public view:

a. there are no COVID-19-related operating limits for any business or other establishment; and

b. individuals are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household, but no person may be required by any jurisdiction to wear or to mandate the wearing of a face covering.

This doesn't mean businesses still can't have mask mandates.

The partitions are still in place, because there's no need to remove them yet, if they may potentially have to be put back up. I'm guessing if they're taken down, it will be long from now and quietly done on an as-needed circumstance for maintenance or damage. 

• Like 1

I believe the counties Over Texas and Fiesta Texas are in can still push for distancing even if the order says they can't mandate masks. And Six Flags has already been maintaining stronger protocols than some jurisdictions have had in place anyway, and a private company can of course have whatever restrictions they want in place.

I believe Silver Dollar City has plexiglass up and is using every row too so the lack of doing this would seem to be specific to our park.

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

Texas has "opened up" since march, lifting mask mandates and allowing businesses to be at 100% capacity. It didn't make major news networks, because loosening COVID restrictions are no longer controversial enough.

Executive order GA-34, available for public view:

This doesn't mean businesses still can't have mask mandates.

The partitions are still in place, because there's no need to remove them yet, if they may potentially have to be put back up. I'm guessing if they're taken down, it will be long from now and quietly done on an as-needed circumstance for maintenance or damage. 

it made MAJOR national news because it's an idiotic Political move by Abbott and the Republicans in charge of Texas.     (AG Paxton has sued Travis County for continuing to enforce Mask Mandates). 

A quick google search just pulled up stories on NBC news, ABC news, CNN, Fox, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the LA Times - just on the front page of results from "Texas ends Mask Mandate")

I realize it doesn't fit your agenda, but please don't pretend that it didn't get coverage.

Thankfully, most of us who live here are NOT of the believe that asking folks to wear masks is an infringement of their "freedom", and realize that if everyone continues to wear masks and social distance, we can keep the Virus under control - and therefore most every business in Texas has decided to keep Mask Mandates in place - not just the Six Flags Parks, but Sea World, most Retail Stores, and pretty much every Grocery Store chain in the State.

oh yes, Abbot said Texas is open 100%, but very, very few places are even at 50% capacity, because they need their customers alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, teacherkim said:

On another topic, we just got back from a quick one day trip to SFOT. They were loading every row of every coaster with at least 2 trains going. They did have plexiglass partitions between each row's waiting area in the station, which makes sense to me as that is where people are clustered. Curious if SFSTL will start this. I know as of last weekend's training they were still preparing to load every other row. Which begs the question: Are the procedures coming down from corporate and some parks are just going rogue? Of is it at the discretion of each park president? Or is it different for each depending on the guidelines of the state and/or county that particular is located in?

SFA is loading every row in 2021 on all coasters. Plexiglass is up in all stations if memory serves correct. This is a change in procedure from July 2020, when the wait for Batwing was atrocious with one train.

Bert... dude, chill... I'm not in favor of opening up any state, so we have no beef. My post was a response to Kim's questions, except it came with a poor joke on media in general. There were no political undertones.

• Like 2

Bert, Zach..............play nice, I already broke up one fight at school today and most amazing of all somehow my mask stayed on even though I got a glancing blow to the head for my trouble. Thankfully they were two kind of small, wimpy kids.😒

It does make way more sense to me to have the plexiglass between the station rows and not worry so much about spacing people out on the coaster. 

Vaccinations are ramping up quickly now, most teachers are getting a chance in the next week. I get my first shot tomorrow. Will be really interesting to see how restrictions change/evolve over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

Hey! Long time lurker first time poster with a pertinent question!

I was planning on visiting SFSL tomorrow 3/20 and SDC on Sunday 3/21. I bought a Diamond Membership and three fast lanes for some friends as we are all out of state and trying to ensure that we can hit as many attractions as possible. While reserving a spot for Saturday, my site crashed and the reservation was lost. I now currently have a Diamond Membership and three Flash Passes but no reservation for tomorrow, is it possible to go to the park without a reservation? I spoke with someone from Guest Relations about the issue and they said that if we get to the park close to open there is a chance we will be allowed in. Has anyone had a similar issue of not having a reservation and being let in?

Any and all help/advice is appreciated!

17 hours ago, bert425 said:

@teacherkim we good. . like adults, we chatted about it via message.

(at least I think we good) , right Zach?

9 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Definitely. 🍻

Ok then! I was wondering if I was going to have to put the two of you in detention..........🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, coasterdawg97 said:

I was planning on visiting SFSL tomorrow 3/20 and SDC on Sunday 3/21. I bought a Diamond Membership and three fast lanes for some friends as we are all out of state and trying to ensure that we can hit as many attractions as possible. While reserving a spot for Saturday, my site crashed and the reservation was lost. I now currently have a Diamond Membership and three Flash Passes but no reservation for tomorrow, is it possible to go to the park without a reservation? I spoke with someone from Guest Relations about the issue and they said that if we get to the park close to open there is a chance we will be allowed in. Has anyone had a similar issue of not having a reservation and being let in?

Hmmmmm, interesting question. My guess would be yes, because I really don't think they ever reached "capacity" last year on any given day until HITP, BUT that is certainly no guarantee  as opening day could be very busy. And anytime I went last year they asked for my reservation at the tollbooth for parking. I would assume it all depends on whether or not they are at capacity, whatever that is.

Were you not able to get back on and make a new reservation?

2 hours ago, coasterdawg97 said:

Reservations are required to enter the park. They ask for it at parking. There aren't exceptions as far as I know. You should be able to make reservations up until 7am of that day. 

Yeah, I guess that is really what my rambling answer got to eventually. I'm not sure I understand why you weren't able to make a new reservation. Not sure how you get past the tollbooth to guest relations even if they still have spots available/