TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

This is what I was thinking. What's there to be excited about getting a smaller version of a ride? The initial complaints were that it was the smaller model. I think guests would be more impressed with a larger wheel (if that's the case) and higher capacity.

It's not much different than feeling lucky to have received a smaller ferris wheel or carrousel than other parks.

I haven't ridden both variants but it's possible the single-wide does a better job of pushing the positive Gs straight down through your body when the two-wide might be slightly off-vertical. I can't imagine the experience being much different in any other way though.

Apparently, at the moment, they are not planning on requiring lockers at the rides that previously required them; they are available but not required. No idea if they will allow people to leave stuff other than drinks on the platforms around the drink holders. IF this goes forward I suspect it is mostly because of cost cutting/reducing staff (or maybe worried about having enough staff) as it would eliminate the need for a ride op at the ride entrance, but the reason is just speculation on my part. I am curious if this is just a SFSTL thing or chain wide.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, teacherkim said:

Apparently, at the moment, they are not planning on requiring lockers at the rides that previously required them; they are available but not required. No idea if they will allow people to leave stuff other than drinks on the platforms around the drink holders. IF this goes forward I suspect it is mostly because of cost cutting/reducing staff (or maybe worried about having enough staff) as it would eliminate the need for a ride op at the ride entrance, but the reason is just speculation on my part. I am curious if this is just a SFSTL thing or chain wide.

I think St. Louis was one of the only parks to require the ride lockers. Never remember Chicago or Georgia making riders use them. 

the Lockers at SFFT are closed off (all the ones at the front of the park have caution tape over the rental kiosks).

I would suspect due to Covid, they don't want so many folks touching so many doors (and being so closed into the locker area).  - or more likely, dont' want to put forth the $$ to have someone standing there with a spritz bottle wiping down every locker every time someone comes into that area.

will be interesting to see how they proceed in Whitewater Bay once that opens for the season. . as you kinda HAVE to use the lockers there.   But those are more "open air" covered locker areas, rather than just tucked away in an enclosed area - such as at Iron Rattler (never used), Superman (never used) and the ones at the front gates.

and because I miss it, since no filters in NU-TPR:

FLUFFY FLUFFY BUNNIES FILLED WITH MEDICINE AND GOO !!!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2021 at 8:03 PM, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

I think St. Louis was one of the only parks to require the ride lockers. Never remember Chicago or Georgia making riders use them. 

Over Georgia definitely did. I've been on Goliath more than once where they held the train because someone left a bag on the platform and made them take it to a locker.

• Like 1

I dont like the news of the rental lockers in the front of the park being closed. Hopefully they will be in use once the park opens being that they were open last year during the pandemic. I rely on them. I dont like the risk of losing my keys, phone, or wallet. And I dont like leaving my phone in my car being that the heat can damage it. 

12 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Oh man, I hadn't even realized that. BRING BACK THE OLD FORUMS!!! ;)

They could do a text replace on Invision too.

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

I am just waiting to see if they are going to let people leave their stuff on the ride platform. That might turn into a serious headache for the ride ops.

I wonder if the carpenters are building bins or shelves like some of the other parks already have? That'd solve some of the clutter problem. Ninja has the plastic totes already.

Add pouches to coaster trains like some of the other parks might enable more stuff to ride on - then again that's a touch point.

• Like 1

Yes, but eventually we're all going to have to get over the "touch points," but I fear the universal "we" partially never will.

I can see them building bins way before pouches. I don't think it would be that hard to do. This is how Hershey operates, and how parks operated prior to the locker money grab.

• Like 1

In fairness it probably never was a good idea to have 350 people handling the same tongs and spoons at buffets. And sometimes it takes everything going sideways to realize things maybe just weren't ever a good idea.

I'm of course simply assuming they'd want to avoid a 'touch point'. I don't actually know if pouches on rides that already had them were used in 2020 - I'd assume they were still used in at least some parks since Disney has some and you know that those fans were cataloging every operational change they possibly could after reopening.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Yes, but eventually we're all going to have to get over the "touch points," but I fear the universal "we" partially never will.

I can see them building bins way before pouches. I don't think it would be that hard to do. This is how Hershey operates, and how parks operated prior to the locker money grab.

We've known that surface transmission really wasn't a thing for at least six months but people don't pay attention to that for some reason...

Parks wiping down touch points are just doing it so that people see them doing it and think it matters. The virus spreads in the air, but parks can't do anything to make people feel better about that aside from make them wear masks and put lines on the ground for people to ignore so they have a guy Lysol a trashcan or handrail while a bunch of people are watching to pacify people. It's dumb.

Edit: That said, yes. Buffets have always been disgusting. lol

I wouldn't say surface transmission isn't a thing. It just isn't the BIG thing and the the virus is pretty average at surviving on surfaces, so it's not really the thing we should be worrying about. But if someone snots on their hand and grabs a coaster restraint and then you touch that restraint and then your face some period of time after that there is still a transmission risk there.

It's kinda like worrying about the electric fences after an outbreak at Jurassic Park. Sure - electrocution is still a risk if you touch it, but there are more pressing matters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

In fairness it probably never was a good idea to have 350 people handling the same tongs and spoons at buffets. And sometimes it takes everything going sideways to realize things maybe just weren't ever a good idea.

I'm of course simply assuming they'd want to avoid a 'touch point'. I don't actually know if pouches on rides that already had them were used in 2020 - I'd assume they were still used in at least some parks since Disney has some and you know that those fans were cataloging every operational change they possibly could after reopening.

They were not using them on SV at CP last summer but that is the only "pouch ride" I was on.

21 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Bins would be easiest. I totally forgot about the plastic bins on Ninja, not having ridden it in a while since I dislike concussions

6 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

So you're for sanitizing coaster trains indefinitely? I try not to always get the past confused with the present.

2 hours ago, prozach626 said:

So you're for sanitizing coaster trains indefinitely? I try not to always get the past confused with the present.

No not as a normal operating process. Though maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to do so any time there's an estop requiring a maintenance call since that's downtime anyway.

Looks like this is outside of the park boundaries.  Wonder if it's the city of Eureka doing something?  I know there are a lot of traffic problems/issues.  I wouldn't think it's a SF investment out there by the outer road....?  I could be wrong.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, castaway_kid said:

The park finally got approval from Modot to clear the brush and trees so the marquee is actually visable again.

You shouldn't have squashed the rumor mill so quickly. If you would have let this go a while longer we would be seeing maps for a layout of the giga coaster that was going to go over the parking lot and all the way to the highway. What a buzzkill  you are 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, teacherkim said:

You shouldn't have squashed the rumor mill so quickly. If you would have let this go a while longer we would be seeing maps for a layout of the giga coaster that was going to go over the parking lot and all the way to the highway. What a buzzkill  you are 😜

Why let a little thing like reality prevent hypothetical layout fun?

• Haha 1

Lol, they just did a report on the local news about the park opening on the 20th and that it was the 50th anniversary; the stock footage they were showing included Tidal Wave and Superman and the entrance to MT from about a 100 years ago. Maybe they could get out there and record some footage from this century before the next news blip 🙄

• Haha 2