TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Just now, prozach626 said:

^If you ever come to SFSTL, you'll understand.

People have been saying that for years, though. Like... since 2010...

We tend to get them about every 7-10 years, then get a couple in a short time span after and go back to the 7-10 year cycle. So based on that, we are actually due one in the next 2-3 years. But like I said, corporate doesn't care about us, so..

I thought for the size of the park that St Louis packs a punch. Mr Freeze and American Thunder are top notch. The park has good supporters in Batman, Pandemonium and Eagle. Nice flat rides, hilly tree shaded midways and a decent water park. 

If it helps anyone get through the long cold weekend..................employees are currently doing their orientation classes for the season and will start training very soon.

We were supposed to be going to Texas this weekend to hit the parks down there but this stupid weather is even making it as far south as San Antonio so we pushed it back a week.

Stay warm everyone!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

I hope this isn't true. We all knew everything was pushed back a year, but to push it back that long is just wrong.

Its true, Cat Woman's Whip is being pushed off til 2022. 2021 is SFSTL's 50th Anniversary, and we're getting nothing.

^^ The 50'th anniversary means nothing as far as additions go. It wouldn't have made a difference. Guests don't care if it's the 50th anniversary or the 5th anniversary.

7 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

I hope this isn't true. We all knew everything was pushed back a year, but to push it back that long is just wrong.

Is it?

SIXXXXXX.jpg

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let them recover before you set your expectations high. It's going to take a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prozach626 said:

^^ The 50'th anniversary means nothing as far as additions go. It wouldn't have made a difference. Guests don't care if it's the 50th anniversary or the 5th anniversary.

I have always thought the same thing, but corporate unbelievably actually had plans for the 50th, but that has all been scrapped. Unfortunately due to Covid, the amusement park industry as whole is going to see side effects from this for many years to come

No new rides confirmed at employee orientation. Park's 50th not mentioned, I am guessing that is just extremely bad timing with the virus. I think IF they had done some marketing the public would have taken notice even if it was a temporary bump. Sigh, too bad. 

I don't suppose there is any chance they will simply postpone some of those plans a year, like CP did with their 150th?

^Jersey Devil is a little more significant and will draw more income than a flat ride like Cat Woman. It's smart budgeting. They also may have had a locked in contract with the construction contractors that would have been expensive to get out of.

Had construction already been started on Jersey Devil?

Don't confuse expensive with expensive relative to the industry. I'm sure it's plenty expensive to construct a huge ride.

Not surprising really as other big theme parks have cancelled/scaled down their projects until a steady flow of revenue returns. Disney is coming up on their 50th anniversary as well this fall and their new projects are likely not going to be done in time so I'm sure they have scaled back on their big celebration too.

SFOT is pushing back Aquaman Power Wave until 2022 as well, even though the ride was basically complete except for the queue and loading station. The reason for this, however, seems perfectly understandable. The new park management has made what, in my opinion, is a wise decision. They're adding the turntable loading station as well as an extra ride vehicle to increase capacity. This involves removing that section of track along with the footers and replacing them with the turntable itself. The loading station also has to be re-designed to accommodate the turntable apparatus. None of this would have been possible if the loading station had already been completed. So yeah, 2022 it is for Aquaman.

What doesn't seem perfectly understandable is the delay for Catwoman Whip. The area was already prepared for the ride and the ride parts were already at the park waiting to be installed. Surely this could be done in time for a 2021 opening. SFFT, by contrast, was able to complete Dare Devil Dive which will open this year, I've actually ridden it. 

I'm not really buying all this financial hardship and revenue flow business with regards to Catwoman Whip. I still believe this ride could have and should have been installed in time for a 2021 opening.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

^This.

Unfortunately, SFSTL seems to be of less importance to SF corporate than other parks in the chain. 

We've known this for quite a long time. And it's unfortunate. As SFSTL slacks, holiday world, SFSTL's main competition here, keeps increasing in attendance and thus revenue. As they do a number of things vastly different, and overall better

I'm sorry, but I simply do NOT agree.

it's the only park in the SF chain with three woodies - all kept in pretty decent condition.

Ya'll got Supergirl - a rare ride in the SF chain *AND* they just spent more than 2 years refurbing Excalibur (and have been working on the Carousel) - both of these things are expensive, and would have been WAY cheaper to just pull the rides out and replace with cheaper flats, instead of pouring $$ into problematic rides - and in the case of Excalibur, likely one that doesn't have very high ridership.

yes, I get y'all are disappointed the park doesn't get new new new stuff every season. . but c'mon.  it's a really good park, with several very good coasters (at least two of the woodies, the Batman clone, and Mr. Freeze are all very good), a fantastic huge Ferris wheel, several unique flats that most other parks dont' have at all (Supergirl, Splash Battle, Justice League, Excalibur). . .  several decent family coasters (the mine train, Pandemonium, and arguably Boss), and a great looking, if shitty, coaster in Ninja.

so I really just don't get the complaining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bert425 said:

I'm sorry, but I simply do NOT agree.

it's the only park in the SF chain with three woodies - all kept in pretty decent condition.

Ya'll got Supergirl - a rare ride in the SF chain *AND* they just spent more than 2 years refurbing Excalibur (and have been working on the Carousel) - both of these things are expensive, and would have been WAY cheaper to just pull the rides out and replace with cheaper flats, instead of pouring $$ into problematic rides - and in the case of Excalibur, likely one that doesn't have very high ridership.

yes, I get y'all are disappointed the park doesn't get new new new stuff every season. . but c'mon.  it's a really good park, with several very good coasters (at least two of the woodies, the Batman clone, and Mr. Freeze are all very good), a fantastic huge Ferris wheel, several unique flats that most other parks dont' have at all. . .  several decent family coasters (the mine train, Pandemonium, and arguably Boss), and a great looking, if shitty, coaster in Ninja.

so I really just don't get the complaining.

There is four Zamperla Endeavour's in the chain. It's not exactly a "rare" ride. We may have a selection of classic rides, but thats it. Six flags doesn't add massive eye popping attractions to our park often. We've had American thunder, and pandemonium as our last big attractions. Boomerang doesn't count. Supergirl doesn't count either. Please tell me the last time we had an eye popping attraction? I'll wait.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, liltrekkie said:

There is four Zamperla Endeavour's in the chain. It's not exactly a "rare" ride. We may have a selection of classic rides, but thats it. Six flags doesn't add massive eye popping attractions to our park often. We've had American thunder, and pandemonium as our last big attractions. Boomerang doesn't count. Supergirl doesn't count either. Please tell me the last time we had an eye popping attraction? I'll wait.

You completely missed his point, which was that the charm of this park lies in what it has and maintains well, not their "eye popping" attractions.

• Like 2