TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Yeah, I remember that components were modified. I wasn't sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I bet I'll roll some eyes with this sentiment, but I wonder if there's any chance we'll see Boomerang head to the scrap yard within the next few years.

Yeah, I remember that components were modified. I wasn't sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I bet I'll roll some eyes with this sentiment, but I wonder if there's any chance we'll see Boomerang head to the scrap yard within the next few years.

Well we have seen a bunch of Arrow Loopers closing over the last decade+. According to Cedar Fair a service life of 25-35 years was expected. But Boomerangs aren't Arrows, and they're also still extremely common.

I doubt it'll be on the chopping block anytime soon unless the maintenance costs are higher than other Boomerang installations.

First off, congrats on the baby-makin'.

On Boomerang, yeah. I mean listen, as I always say here, I totally believe the folks that work in the park or that visit constantly who say it usually runs well....but the damn thing NEVER runs when I visit and at this point may as well be gone, at least to me. Seriously- every visit the ride not only is down, but never has maintenance working on it or anyone even near it. It just sits as decoration. It's really bizarre that I have such a cold streak with that coaster. If I didn't know better, I'd say the ride was retired already!

I saw a post on reddit and was curious as to whether or not Six Flags St. Louis’ building permits/construction plans are accessible to the public through the city of Eureka? If times truly are changing for SFStL, I would like to think there’s some juicy info out there that’s waiting to be uncovered!

I saw a post on reddit and was curious as to whether or not Six Flags St. Louis’ building permits/construction plans are accessible to the public through the city of Eureka? If times truly are changing for SFStL, I would like to think there’s some juicy info out there that’s waiting to be uncovered!

Not sure about plans specifically, but sometimes you can pick up details through the P&Z Committee minutes.

http://www.eureka.mo.us/planning-zoning-agendaminutes/

Usually a pretty dry read, though.

I would like to think there’s some juicy info out there that’s waiting to be uncovered!

You must be new here. Have a seat.

Fairly new, but not new enough to miss the "joined" date directly to the left of each post . You seem to have missed the part where I skeptically said "If times truly are changing for SFStL" in reference to toomuchstereo's prior post. In case you missed it, he was spot on with our 2020 addition not being a previously cloned flat, which has to count for some credibility. I think I will stand. If I have a seat, how will I build stamina for Catwoman's 4 hour queue next year?

• 2 weeks later...
So I am assuming Xcalibur will open in 2020?

Well sounds like that's what is likely. I'm not sure how much they're going to be doing that'd make a HITP opening possible. And as has been said there may be extra work to do with it SBNO.

Anyone in the park this weekend will notice a big change.

So what kind of change?

Holiday improvements or something.. else?

On the Ninja front guys think about it. They swapped out the lift hill hardware in barely more than a week. This thing has to be easy to keep running.

Anyone in the park this weekend will notice a big change.

A big change to what? Land being cleared so that construction can begin on a shiny new RMC T-Rex Giga coaster? Or perhaps the long awaited RMC conversion of The Boss has officially begun, complete with cranes to begin removing the old wooden track? Please tell us.