TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I don't think any other park in the chain has gone 25 years without a major full circuit steel coaster being added.

Actually it's only been three years since Fireball was added.

LOL...Fireball is not a major full circuit steel coaster..its not even a coaster. Are you trolling me?

We knew the park wasn't going to get one this year, though. The best chance we are going to have is an announcement next year for a coaster to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

I don't think any other park in the chain has gone 25 years without a major full circuit steel coaster being added.

LOL...Fireball is not a major full circuit steel coaster..its not even a coaster. Are you trolling me?

We knew the park wasn't going to get one this year, though. The best chance we are going to have is an announcement next year for a coaster to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

Hopefully..but we didn't get one for the 40th birthday

July 2019....hang in there pal

This looks like a nice, fun addition to the park! I think I've been on a couple of these (though this one is bigger than the ones I typically see as upcharges) and they're a ton of fun!

Someone mentioned this being a new DC area... does that mean you all think Boss will be rethemed to a DC character? It could be a good thing but personally I like the name "Boss" better than any DC retheme but that's just me...

Also intriguing if it is replacing the Go-Karts. I've only been to the park twice so I'm only vaguely aware of the location of this. Seems like a small addition to remove all of the Go-Karts for.

Knott's announced some events for their 100th anniversary next year. Don't get your hopes up for a huge coaster, haha.

Knott's announced some events for their 100th anniversary next year. Don't get your hopes up for a huge coaster, haha.

Knott's just added a major coaster last year, so I don't think anyone was expecting another one for the 100th anniversary. SFStl hasn't added a major coaster since American Thunder in 2008, so it's not really a valid comparison.

SFStl would be an ideal park to get a Raptor coaster and I hope they get one in the next year or two.

At least the light package should be nice to look at at night. As far as 2021 and beyond, I think they’ll stick to more improvements to that area (moon car relocation?) along with some TLC to the many places that need it. Fingers crossed for 2022, but I’ll believe it when I see it! Until then I’ll keep appreciating the fact that there are a few different parks within 5 hours of St. Louis that consistently breathe new life into their coaster lineups!

While disappointed that it's (again) not a coaster, at least it's something fresh, and looking at the selection of what other parks are getting, I'd say St. Louis is getting one of the best toys of the bunch (outside of GAdv and TX)!

What has me more pumped about the announcement is the amount of land clearing that is being done, and the potential for even more growth going forward.

Can anyone here confirm the return of Xcalibur and Tidal Wave for 2020?

Does anyone know if the big spider of death has been around at Fright Fest the last couple of years? Curious to see if it might pop up on something this year. I’m already having rumor withdrawals

The inflatable one? It usually just shows up in Spider Alley every year. I wish they'd put it on the side of American Thunder like they used to

Happy that most people seems to be digging the ride even though it’s not a new coaster.

I think people will grow to love it in time. It seems like there will always be that group of people that will always want to complain each year when Six Flags makes their announcement lol. Six Flags St. Louis is a great park and they are doing the best with what they have. I'm not going to lie, it is still one of my favorite Six Flags parks. I know it doesn't have the biggest rides or coasters, but I always have a good time. And they really do take care of things well in the park. Their three wooden coasters are great and they are trying their hardest to make Excalibur and Tidal Wave like new again. I think people keep focusing on the bad parts when they'd enjoy these parks more if they just looked at what they loved.

No one has yet to mentioned what will happen to the Boss queue line, will it change? I know renders are only giving us a general idea but the way they show the ride queue squeezed next to the tracks makes me wonder if they are keeping the bridge for the Boss. I would have thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to push the queue line back and open that area way up.

Also surprised to see the go-carts go, I wonder if they will relocate or disappear like the bumper cars.

908111171_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.f9caa035c9c8f13cf3d013b870cd2f34.png