TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I still say an awesome place for a S&S FreeSpin is right across from Shazam and would still fit into the DC Plaza area, it would not only update but draw more into that specific area. The fit is almost perfect, you would have great views of Log Flume, Thunder River.

The area you have covered in blue, includes first aid and a rest room, I don't see either of those being relocated.

I merely pointed out that there is plenty of room in that spot, as they can always build behind the restrooms and the first aid location is kinda hidden so they can move that up in line with the restrooms or move it to another unused building in the park like across from the Log Flume/American Thunder. The only thing I ain't sure of is all of the other smaller buildings they hide behind the blue wall, I have no idea if those are important to that area or not.

If I remember correctly, the land behind Axis Arcade was originally supposed to be for Hurricane Harbor expansion, but is now used as a boneyard area. There were talks of a second wave pool being added there a few years back, but I think we got Typhoon Twister instead.

That being said, I always thought it would be a neat idea for Studio Backlot to be pushed back that way over the train tracks. You could definitely do a little Batman-themed flat ride expansion back there like SFOT did with their Gotham City section in 2015. Especially with the new movie coming out in 2021, I think people would really like that.

^I think the removal of Axis Arcade and the games near Ninja and an expansion back to the train tracks is more likely than a new section of the park across the tracks. The land out there is sort of removed from the rest of the park is currently occupied by the paintball course. Plus, I highly doubt any sort of infrastructure is back there, which is different to when SFOT expanded their Gotham section and had infrastructure already in place.

Me personally, I don't know why they didn't just theme Tsunami Soaker to the Penguin like they did at SFDK and name Spinsanity "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity" like they've done over the chain. Not sure why we had to get just “Spinsanity" and have that whole area clash so much.

Edited by RollerManic

Me personally, I don't know why they didn't just theme Tsunami Soaker to the Penguin like they did at SFDK and name Spinsanity "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity" like they've done over the chain. Not sure why we had to get just simply "Spinsanity" and have that whole area just clash so much.

That area's definitely a little awkward. It never made sense to me why Spinsanity was listed as being part of Chouteau's Market, considering it's literally right next to Sound Stage #2. Makes me wonder if they originally were going to give it the Harley Quinn theme and DC disapproved of it?

I still say an awesome place for a S&S FreeSpin is right across from Shazam and would still fit into the DC Plaza area, it would not only update but draw more into that specific area. The fit is almost perfect, you would have great views of Log Flume, Thunder River.

The area you have covered in blue, includes first aid and a rest room, I don't see either of those being relocated.

I merely pointed out that there is plenty of room in that spot, as they can always build behind the restrooms and the first aid location is kinda hidden so they can move that up in line with the restrooms or move it to another unused building in the park like across from the Log Flume/American Thunder. The only thing I ain't sure of is all of the other smaller buildings they hide behind the blue wall, I have no idea if those are important to that area or not.

That area in blue would require the restroom be relocated, the huge mechanical building behind the restroom be relocated, the A/C chiller unit that supplies cooling water to the west half of the park be relocated, the "ice house" building that produces all the ice for the entire park, would possible block the only access to Mr. Freeze island for vehicles and cranes, an emergency generator, and of course first aid which can not be relocated anywhere other than on the edge of the park as it currently is. This is due to it needs to be able to be accessible to city ambulances without them entering the park itself. Plus the whole area beside first aid is pretty much a swampy wet creek.

I think if the park decides to build over an existing area, the first aid spot will be pretty low on that list. I could see them using the tidal wave area, the old petting zoo area in front of colossus, or Old Glory first.

That area in blue would require the restroom be relocated, the huge mechanical building behind the restroom be relocated, the A/C chiller unit that supplies cooling water to the west half of the park be relocated, the "ice house" building that produces all the ice for the entire park, would possible block the only access to Mr. Freeze island for vehicles and cranes, an emergency generator, and of course first aid which can not be relocated anywhere other than on the edge of the park as it currently is. This is due to it needs to be able to be accessible to city ambulances without them entering the park itself. Plus the whole area beside first aid is pretty much a swampy wet creek.

I think if the park decides to build over an existing area, the first aid spot will be pretty low on that list. I could see them using the tidal wave area, the old petting zoo area in front of colossus, or Old Glory first.

That's a shame that area can't be used for anything else without a very large investment to a park that doesn't get hand outs very easy, but it is understandable why they wouldn't with all the mechanical back there and the first aid location makes a lot more sense now.

Yep. Changing that area would require a large investment, beyond just the ride/construction cost.

Removing Old Glory would provide a large amount of space. Hopefully it gets utilized at some point.

What exactly is going into SfStL next year assuming you KNOW what its going to be?

I’m just resetting expectations for those expecting a free spin, or a raptor. Those would both be great additions to this park. But they aren’t coming in 2020. I’m also not going to give away what the 2020 addition is.

1. I like my job and don’t want to lose it over leaking a ride online.

2. Leaks just ruin the fun of the ride announcements.

If people don’t want to believe me that’s ok. The internet is full of bullshit I don’t blame any of you.