TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It would squeeze right in between the arcade and the train tracks which would leave the paintball field open for potential expansion.

That would also be a very good location, no need to remove the Joker Inc and the service road should stay intact if they work that in right, I would remove the arcade and the fenced off building next to it and build it right there but I wouldn't take it out to the train tracks, just stop at the service road, by the time the ride is in full swing the arm would be clear over any bypassing trains giving a cool flyover moment. I would say it would be tight squeeze between Ninja and the Joker Inc counting supports depending on angle.

I wouldn't want them to remove Joker. It's a gentle enough ride that all my kids will go on it. Only my son wanted to go on Riddler Revenge. Six Flags has a small enough selection of big, gentle rides as it is. They shouldn't lose another.

- All the woodies were running the best they ever have for me, collectively. Also, having recently ridden Hurler for the first time at Carowinds, all of a sudden Boss doesn't feel quite as bad, haha (i also took Zach's advise and that worked wonders).

I just rode Carowind's Hurler last week and it's really not that bad of a coaster. It's extremely mediocre, but not painful, unlike what a lot of people try to say. My ride was smooth expect for a few bumps in the later two turns.

For me, I don't think the wooden coasters have ridden their best since 2014. For some reason that season, I was able to do The Boss five times for ERT and immediately move to Screamin' Eagle for six laps in the back without issue. I admit that this year has been the best they've been since then, but they are nowhere near the point where they were that season (and frankly for me, The Boss isn't as good of a ride anymore without the 540 helix - I miss trimless drops off the MCBR).

- Walked over to check out the tidal wave area and yeah....the story can be it's just down for the year, but I'd bet a couple dollars that the ole girl has given her last ride. The park really needs an attraction on the east side to bring folks over that way, as right now everything good is to the west and traffic is really slanted that way. While a coaster would be best, will a giant discovery fit on that site? I'd assume it will, but I've never seen one in person and am not familiar with the footprint.

I'm sure if CranZanity could fit into that hillside where the old monorail station was, a Giant Discovery could fit in Tidal Wave's plot, albeit maybe with some land grading as SFMM did.

As far as a Sky Warp being redundant because of our Super Loop, let's be honest. This is Six Flags! The good thing about that is that any similarities, although as few as there may be, between Excalibur and a Giant Discovery will be overlooked.

They actually already did this at SFDK.

The Freespin still seems to make the most sense to me as well. It would fit just fine right in that area and we are one of the last in the chain without one (actually, are we the only park at this point without one?). Seriously though, the upcoming additions will really be interesting since most of the modern flats SF parks add are now already in place. Outside of Tidal Wave, what would really even come down at this point for replacement?

We are not the last park without one. Discounting last year's new acquisitions: SFOG, SFA, TGE, La Ronde, and SFMM all don't have FreeSpins yet (but SFMM is an obvious technicality)

I actually think we could get an RMC Raptor ... possibly. If we don't see another one this year in the chain, then I don't think Six Flags plans to make them the next FreeSpin. We haven't had a new coaster in six years, and not one ground up in more than a decade. I could see us getting a Raptor if we don't get a FreeSpin - the Raptors are really cheap and Six Flags hasn't put a ton of capital into us in a while.

I'm not ready to throw the possibility out yet, but if the precedent isn't set by August this year with at least another small park getting one this year I'm giving up.

The other part of me tells me to hope we at least would get a FreeSpin and Green Lantern isn't relocated here.

The roughness in Boss for me is that is shakes super hard at speed and can give me a headache. The roughness in Hurler was that with the cramped train and quick turns, i kept knocking my knees together. Was a real bitch to walk around the park the rest of the day, and I'm a medium sized guy in good shape. I just can't handle the knee slappers.

As for the never ending saga or will or won't be get an rmc raptor....we are moving to tampa/st. pete within the next calendar year, so at least I will have a homepark that does have an rmc one way or another, ha!

In regards to the Joker, yeah, its a great family ride and just based on that really needs to stay. It's one of the few rides that aren't ultra kiddy, but also don't have a height requirement. My kids love it.

The roughness in Boss for me is that is shakes super hard at speed and can give me a headache. The roughness in Hurler was that with the cramped train and quick turns, i kept knocking my knees together. Was a real bitch to walk around the park the rest of the day, and I'm a medium sized guy in good shape. I just can't handle the knee slappers.

Interesting. I agree with you that on most wooden coasters I can't tolerate is knocking my knees on the restraints. Freeze has even gotten really bad about this, but I'm 6'2 with long legs. My biggest problem with The Boss has actually always been this with it's terrible trains, but I didn't have that issue for once this year - it was more jackhammering this time, which is what you just described. Those U-bar restraints have been a real bitch to me in the years past though.

When we first got on Hurler, I was worried about this because my legs we pushed to the side by the restraint, but to my suprise my knees never knocked it hard once.

I just rode Carowind's Hurler last week and it's really not that bad of a coaster. It's extremely mediocre, but not painful, unlike what a lot of people try to say. My ride was smooth expect for a few bumps in the later two turns.

Earlier in the season, the trim brake after the initial drop wasn't installed, after the park did some retracking in the off-season. The trim brake was reinstalled, IIRC, about a month ago. There's an obvious difference in the ride with and without the trim brake.

Swinging ships seem to be be pretty easy to maintain and relatively liked by guests. As cool as that location would be I don't think there's any reason to get rid of Joker.

Like TNT mentioned, we could possibly squeeze in a Giant Discovery next to Ninja, taking over the Axis Arcade and building next to it, no need to remove the Joker Inc. and we can add another flat to the front of the park.

I actually think we could get an RMC Raptor ... possibly. If we don't see another one this year in the chain, then I don't think Six Flags plans to make them the next FreeSpin. We haven't had a new coaster in six years, and not one ground up in more than a decade. I could see us getting a Raptor if we don't get a FreeSpin - the Raptors are really cheap and Six Flags hasn't put a ton of capital into us in a while.

Totally Agree, I think anybody who visits would be very happy either with a RMC Raptor or a S&S 4D Free Spin (but go ahead Six Flags and can scrap the Zacspin or have them rework it into a 2nd Gen.)

What are the chances you guys might get an S&S Air Launch like Maxx Force.

Chances are not very high, we are more likely to receive a FreeSpin or Raptor than a S&S Air Launch being so close to Great America. I say Magic Mountain is probably getting first dibs to the next clone.

SFMM just put in West Coast Racer, I don't think they'll be the next park to get a Maxx Force clone.

If not them than I would think Six Flags Over Texas with them removing Aquaman, other wise I can see Magic Mountain adding more than one big addition being a bigger corporate park which receives more funding. I still don't see us getting one being a smaller park, and being so close to Great America.

What are the chances you guys might get an S&S Air Launch like Maxx Force.

I don't think any park in the United States will get an S&S launch. I just don't get the impression when Maxx Force is one of the few coasters Six Flags has done in years that breaks their pattern.

The only park I see getting one down the road is maybe SFM to be "Latin America's fastest accelerating coaster".

Isn't it a little bit early to be proclaiming Maxx Force a great success? It's been down more than it has been open since opening day with huge blocks of downtime... we have no way of knowing how reliable it will even be yet.

Isn't it a little bit early to be proclaiming Maxx Force a great success? It's been down more than it has been open since opening day with huge blocks of downtime... we have no way of knowing how reliable it will even be yet.

It's certainly too early to consider a failure as well based on downtime currently. (I know you aren't saying it is one) New rides have kinks that need to be worked out.

I still say an awesome place for a S&S FreeSpin is right across from Shazam and would still fit into the DC Plaza area, it would not only update but draw more into that specific area. The fit is almost perfect, you would have great views of Log Flume, Thunder River.

jjk.jpg.9a7a1420de970e4b92f2185b90131e30.jpg

I still say an awesome place for a S&S FreeSpin is right across from Shazam and would still fit into the DC Plaza area, it would not only update but draw more into that specific area. The fit is almost perfect, you would have great views of Log Flume, Thunder River.

The area you have covered in blue, includes first aid and a rest room, I don't see either of those being relocated.