TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I found an old Mr. Freeze commercial

Even though it is shown very briefly, I've never seen the Mr. Freeze figure that's located in the station actually move.

I've always thought that because of the trouble that they have had in the past with supplying enough power to the rides LIMS that they just down right disable the figure from moving.

edit**

Six Flags Over Texas Mr Freeze animatronic still works, doesn't look like much, I am guessing that our Mr Freeze broke and they figured that it wasn't worth the cost of fixing.

Remember when Batman had all the cool in line props like the cop car and hydrant?

Here at SFOT, our Mr. Freeze animatronic did not work for many years. They recently refurbished the animatronic and gave it a "face lift" so that it looks more like the Batman: Animated Series version and less like Arnie. It is now back in operation.

Here at SFOT, our Mr. Freeze animatronic did not work for many years. They recently refurbished the animatronic and gave it a "face lift" so that it looks more like the Batman: Animated Series version and less like Arnie. It is now back in operation.

That would be awesome if SFStL would refurbish our animatronic, especially since all the riders face our Freeze before launch

Our park had a long history of shit breaking and not being fixed. It was the expected norm. I can't necessarily think of any really examples, with my most recent recollection of the Starflyer's light package never being fixed. I feel like things 'might' have started to turn around when they removed the rotting Hanibarrels and started sprucing up areas. Then again, I think that was during the time I refused to visit, which lasted at least five years. I hope the new GM will continue to make some of the maintenance and improvements that have reportedly taken place this past off season.

Its a shame seeing the StarFlyer's light package not working correctly, I also see Fireball's light package is on the fritz too.

I found an old Mr. Freeze commercial

Even though it is shown very briefly, I've never seen the Mr. Freeze figure that's located in the station actually move.

I've always thought that because of the trouble that they have had in the past with supplying enough power to the rides LIMS that they just down right disable the figure from moving.

edit**

Six Flags Over Texas Mr Freeze animatronic still works, doesn't look like much, I am guessing that our Mr Freeze broke and they figured that it wasn't worth the cost of fixing.

Remember when Batman had all the cool in line props like the cop car and hydrant?

Do you have a photo, or better yet, a video?

Do you have a photo, or better yet, a video?

Mr Freeze is in background, its the best I found of him moving. Looks like his head moves back and forth, possibly his hands too?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I completely missed that Mr. Freeze had an animatronic/figure when I rode both the Texas and St. Louis versions. Is it still in the same spot or did they move it when they reversed the trains?

It’s still in the same spot. On the StL version, once you’re about to launch into the tunnel, simply look up and the animatronic is there.

You know how I feel about it. I'll never change and as per usual in my life... I'll never stop complaining about it. I enjoy the ride, but not like I used to. It had always been one of my favorites. Regardless, my wife hates it so we're only good for about one ride per visit.

They can flush the Mr. Freeze animatronic down the shitter for all I care. Just 'refurbish' the ride by turning the trains back around.

After starting the "can we have one train launch forward and one backwards" thread, which was shot done by those with technical knowledge, I have been advocating for turning it back to a forward launch for years.

Please turn it back to its original forward launch!

Mike

ok..so we're planning our trip for June 7-10th.

so we'll be doing Six Flags on either Sat 6/8 or Sun 6/9

probably a silly question, as I will almost always choose a Sunday (open till 9) to go rather than a Saturday (open till 10), but really wondering if we should go on Saturday, so that way if we want to go back to ride something again, or do a show (or something) on Sunday we can.

Nick won't / can't ride a lot of the stuff on Flash Pass, so likely I'll just spurge and get a solo platinum level one, regardless of which day we go (so he won't get stuck waiting too long for me).. and will just stand in line with him for the stuff he *will* ride, like the mine train or Pandemonium).

whatever day we don't do SF, we'll do the Arch, and other stuff, but that won't take the whole day

(looking at doing City Museum on the afternoon we come in, Fri, 6/7, since we'll have an early arrival so should be in hotel by Noon).

what do y'all think?

I'd rather enjoy the city's attractions on Saturday when there's a little more buzz in the air. Although I haven't been in the Arch in probably fifteen years, I think I remember that you should get there pretty early to avoid a long wait. I would personally go to the St. Louis Zoo during the day. If you are interested in art, the St. Louis Art Museum is great. I've heard Gran'ts Farm is great, but we've never gone early enough to avoid at least an hour wait to get inside...

My advice is to visit City Museum at night and it should be open late on a Saturday. Try St. Louis Pizza if you get a chance. Ragazzi's on The Hill is a popular place to get St. Louis style pizza and Toasted Raviolli. Imo's Pizza is a quick fix for both if you're willing to save some time. It's a St. Louis staple. I also recommend Shaved Duck as a place to eat for more of a hipster place.

Do Six Flags on Sunday. I doubt you'll need a Flash Pass. Wait it out and see. It's not a terrible park, but it really is a one day only park. There's no need to go back for a second day, unless there's something you absolutely love.

Boss tip: Middle car. Front seat. Grab the bar in front of you. Lean forward during the ride. Keep your butt back. I enjoy riding the Boss exclusively this way. It's not so much as a "Hands Up" kind of ride. It likes to beat you up if you don't ride it defensively. When taking the proper defense measures, as I specified, I love it. Your tolerance for discomfort may be different than mine, but until last season I despised The Boss.

There's no real stand out ride, but Screaming Eagle is as close to a novelty as the park has. Don't sit on a wheel seat. Play it safe on your first ride and sit near the middle of the train for maximum smoothness. Ride it at night. The entrance can be difficult to find, but it's all the way up the hill past superman. It's a far cry from the classic non-ADA entrance, but it's necessary.

Screaming Eagle, Batman, Mr. Freeze, and American Thunder are usually the coasters unanimously liked and are worth re-rides (IMO). Our Batman is probably my favorite of the BT:R clones. To me it just feels more aggressive than most and it has a mirrored layout. Mine train is lame in a lovable and fun way. It's a classic.

The Ferris Wheel provides nice views. We have a really nice train. Our free fall is really fun, since it's on elevated terrain. Star Flyers are always good. Our JL is the first gen and if you've ridden it elsewhere and it's not a 'must ride' attraction for you, it's worth skipping. It usually holds a long line.

Thunder River is a good rapids ride. Our flume is not by any means the largest or the best, but it's decent and it's a classic. The trip through the wooded area is neat. Tony Hawk is standard, but again the setting is nice here. Again, it's surrounded by trees.

The Coney Dogs place is a pretty good place to eat. Massive dogs with the option of Chili and Cheese. JB's has a nice patio to sit out, people watch, and enjoy a beer. The chicken place near mine train has a few shaded tables to enjoy a beer or a snack, too.

The suck: Security gates ruin the classic entrance. Antique cars are hilariously short and not worth riding. Ninja is nearly unanimously hated. You'll get your steps in on Batman's queue, which some people say is a bad thing. I personally don't mind. Xcalibur is still down. Even if you're like me and prefer not to ride it, it provides really cool visuals.

You'll have a good time.

^ thanks for that info. . really appreciate it.

I'm considering the Platinum Flash Pass regardless, mainly because I don't want him to have to wait for me too long for the (many) things he can't/won't ride. . and if I do Flash Pass, can re-ride things I like without feeling bad that he's waiting. but will play by ear and purchase once there if any kind of crowd.

in regards to the arch, I'm looking at a combo ticket thing offered thru the official site that has an hour "riverboat cruise" and a trip/tour of the arch. yeah, it's a touristy thing, and I'm sure the "cruise" is lame. .but we love crap like that. and it appears (at least during my initial research) that they assign you a time for the cruise and then what time to go up the Arch. so wouldn't get stuck waiting in lines.

The cruise isn't lame, don't apologize for liking touristy things! It's a nice relaxing ride to see the city skyline and while we aren't NYC, it's a nice alternative perspective to see the Arch. Absolutely, get which ever tickets you decide to do online. That will speed things up immensely.

I agree with Zach that Sat is the better day for downtown attractions and Sunday better day for the park. Sunday gives you a couple hours jump on the church crowd. Toll booth and security do get backed up though, I would be at the toll booth by 9:30-9:45, that will give you time to get through it all and be in early. Of course if one day is rainy (and you don't mind getting a little wet) that will be the slow day at the park.

Also, I just checked and the Cardinals will be out of town that weekend.......which is good for you for downtown sightseeing.

There will be Shakespeare in the park at Forest Park that weekend but that will be evenings only so won't affect daytime crowds in the park. Or if you are interested you can just google Shakespeare St Louis Festival and you should find the website to buy tickets.

thanks TeacherKim. . appreciate the info.

when you say "toll booth" you mean the parking booths? (we have Gold Passes, so get free parking, but still need the booth the scan the passes)

Here’s an update on Supergirl. It looks like it should be ready by Memorial Day.

I can see from that image that Supergirl has the same light package as Catwoman here st SFOT.

Yes! I'm assuming that it'll probably do the same patterns if not a little different, but let's just hope that it doesn't fall into disrepair within a couple years. Six Flags St. Louis has a bad track record with lighting packages breaking, not working properly, or just being removed entirely. (I'm still mad about SkyScreamer)

Also, I recently realized that with Supergirl there are now three areas of the park (Studio Backlot, Illinois, and now Britannia) that have DC-themed attractions outside of DC Comics Plaza. Isn't that a little much? I get that we're in the golden age of super heroes and WB wants to use the DC brand as much as possible, but it just feels shoehorned into everything at this point, and is now being used in places it doesn't belong (in my opinion).