TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

We were at the park today. In addition to everything Danrarbc mentioned, I can give a little info on Chop Six. There was a member event and they were giving away samples for Chop Six. You got a crab rangoon, a choice of spring or chicken roll, and oddly ice cream. The rangoon and spring roll were very tasty. The ice cream was meh in my opinion, it was a weird fruity flavor (they were calling it kryptonite) but I think that was just personal preference, not anything bad about it. The chicken roll, well ummm.....it had some sort of cheese sauce in it that to me tasted very nacho like. Yes, the chicken roll at the new chinese place had a distinct mexican flavor. Not bad, but ummmm not chinese. Take that for what it's worth, lol. No samples of common entrees, like orange chicken or lo mein so......well, we'll see.

Also, we ate lunch at JB's. The usual opening weekend slowdown was occurring although not near as bad as some years. There did seem to be some improvement in efficiency. We all noticed it was WAY spicier than normal, really too spicy (again that probably depends on personal preference) not sure that is an intentional change or someone still getting trained on food prep. Also, no sour cream on stuff that was supposed to have it but that is a very small mistake and maybe they just didn't have it available yet.

I did notice some pansies were planted in a few of the flower beds. For those not in the know it is a variety of cool weather flower that does well in the spring and fall. So definitely intentions of making the park look good right out of the gate.

It did seem to be operating more smoothly than many opening weekends I have attended.

Yeah, when I saw the sign for the Member sales center I wondered if they really mean just a sales center or if it will be a sales and member services area, which would make more sense to me since most people really buy on line. And will guest relations move permanently to the ticketing area? And if so what if you need to access guest relations while in the park, will you have to exit and hand stamp and then re-enter.I get that they don't need very many ticket booths any more.

I am a long time reader, and I want to share with you my experience on opening weekend at Six Flags Stl.

Park was busy for most of the day even for expected over cast, most ride wait times around noon to close were around 35 to 45mins long, with Justice League hitting over a hours wait.

Today was the first Members Appreciation Day of the season, which included exclusive access to Batman, Joker, and the Ninja. Regular park guests who bought full priced tickets faced a lot of confusion on why they couldn't ride Batman until after 12pm, Ninja was a walk on which they didn't even bother stopping people with regular tickets as the ride for the most part was a walk on all day, I never rode the Joker so I cant comment on wait lines.

Member's were treated to free 'snacks at the newly renovated Chop Six, every member had a choice of either spring or chicken roll, a rangoon, and some sort of fruity neapolitan ice cream. I agree with the past comment that the chicken roll had a very Mexican vibe even a little spice to it but it was still good, the rangoon was delicious, the ice cream ehh was alright but I wouldn't ever order it.

Members were also treated to a free game behind Miss Kitty's Salon, which didn't look that exciting so I passed.

Mine train was down around 12:30pm, from the looks of it the train had got stuck in the brake run/train transfer and maintenance could not get it released. Step ladders were brought in shortly after and got every one off safely.

Tidal Wave is marked for extensive rehab, I kind of wish they remove and replace but we will see, I never had a chance to ride as its always SBNO so I really have no feelings for the ride and it would be great to see that corner of the park get more love. Also SkyScreamer was down, anyone know why?

Fireball still giving awesome rides, I know its considered more of a "flat" than a coaster but it still can be pretty fun.

Also worth mentioning that both Boomerang and Superman are really needed of some TLC, the fading salamander colors on Boomerang are especially bad.

The Boss didn't open until after 12pm as they were still waiting for temps to warm up.

The Boss and Screaming Eagle are my favorite rides in the park, even though The Boss can be pretty rough it is still plenty of fun and Screaming Eagle is just flat out perfect (I just wish they remove that darn divider from the seats or even new trains). I never was a fan of American Thunder/Evil Knievel, Batman is fun but not worth the lines, Mr. Freeze is a joyful ride but again not worth the wait for such a short ride and the building is looking tacky and dated just like Superman. Mine train is fun for my son and can be nice when there is short lines, while Ninja and Pandemonium is eh.

Excalibur is my favorite flat at the park, I can't wait to see what improvements and overall maintenance they have done to the ride. I am truly missing Highland Fling, but I understand why it had to be removed, I really hope Supergirl lives up to the hype even though the naming is horrible. Why couldn't it be named in theme to the area like Highland Fling 2.0 or Highland Fling: The Return of the Scotsman?

I also notice both Boss and Eagle both has new wood sections, as well as through out the park a lot of new wood dotting fences and certain scenery. Log Flume is especially getting a lot of love this year.

Also when did they open the buffet by the Pavilion? I just noticed it at the end of last year, and was quite curious about it.

Overall I had a fun day at my first park for the year, Six Flags Stl is my hometown park and I am overall glad to see the park getting some love.

00.thumb.jpg.a0c79088a9e6511589cf95841988a5c8.jpg

Members Appreciation Day! March 24 2019

01.thumb.jpg.7b0eae5441006086f6a22afed7cfa8bd.jpg

Members were treated to a sample of chicken or spring rolls, rangoon, and some sort of neapolitan ice cream at the new Chop Six

1.thumb.jpg.b2a7a2491ed21db498807962b1e63a09.jpg

Mine Train was down around 12:30pm, looks like the trains were stuck in the brake run/transfer rails right after leaving the station and could not be released

10.thumb.jpg.73e4346ee216d49aef9503e2b11150b3.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.70ae7171d6ae9a38544940a28a15da85.jpg

Better Shot of Supergirl in The Boss lower queue line

12.thumb.jpg.8fba5dae5155ddfff581e06e39564403.jpg

Dragons Wing was not running, maintenance was out trying to get it up and running

13.thumb.jpg.21e5045f9c338680182362f0b9b8889e.jpg

14.thumb.jpg.ed813ec3a31ae89179151d9f9223168a.jpg

Shot of whats left of Highland Fling

15.thumb.jpg.2c1d37d431ff42cca45292dc9595c206.jpg

Shot of whats left of Highland Fling

16.thumb.jpg.40182c43d7c4d6beb05ddf05eacb1a52.jpg

Excalibur in all of its natural glory just waiting to be used again

17.thumb.jpg.93faf95899abbfeb7924d847cc53bf89.jpg

Stray Rescue had puppies up for adoption by the Palace Theater

2.thumb.jpg.38675f0629842b9f3951b56b4004b659.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.5b6a07f4a3e7f9d246b65de27b2eeea7.jpg

Soon ladders were brought in to start walking off guests

4.thumb.jpg.0ddc5fce9b96070b9d6fb4231387b89f.jpg

Trains almost empty, back rows were proving tricky to getting guests off which involved using a step ladder

5.thumb.jpg.bc590090ad147dcce0be26400d4fdfae.jpg

Elmer Fudd? How long as this been sitting behind Tidal Wave?

6.thumb.jpg.17c63bf6971a7cbc9ef73c1f8edde86a.jpg

Boomerang really needs a paint job, its salamander colors are starting to look rough

7.thumb.jpg.82ce5809eaa2617309f874868e9215a1.jpg

Superman is also needing a paint job plus ride maintenance, I know from reading this form that Superman has been not running without all its catch cars for a while now which is a bit sad to a ride in this state.

8.thumb.jpg.e6e41383e35c70e52109aeda7c8eb85e.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.e9d4784a862b58f86b900b0d9bf1e924.jpg

Supergirl seen from outside of Screaming Eagle

If Tidal Wave is on the outs I won't be sad to see it go. These were fun every now and then when i was a kid but haven't had any desire to ride one in at least 20 years. Definitley not holding my breath, but if they remove Tidal Wave it frees up a corridor into the eastern part of the park they have been using for little else than storage...in fact, Highland Fling is sitting over there on google maps.

Maybe we will get SGMM's Zackspin to replace Tidal Wave.

Proofread before you hit submit, please.

Also, there is no way that SFMM's Zacspin is going anywhere other than the scrapyard.

Maybe we will get SGMM's Zackspin to replace Tidal Wave.

It would be nice to see that area get a custom woodie or steel coaster in that area, espically since the park still has land behind Tidal Wave it can use to make a regional landmark attraction.

Just curious, is any work being done on Tidal Wave right now? Or is it just sitting there.

It is sitting there with no boats on the ride site. No signs of anything else on site right now either. It'll be interesting to watch. If they are refurbing it the work on the pool and structure will be very visible.

No one knows if that Zacspin is going to a scrapyard yet.. This park got SFOT old Boomerang so....

It has a reputation for being a maintenance nightmare does it not? I can't see the park wanting to sign on for that. Intamin itself hasn't exactly enjoyed the best reputation in the US recently.

Then again Xcalibur didn't have the best reputation in its former home.

Just curious, is any work being done on Tidal Wave right now? Or is it just sitting there.

It is sitting there with no boats on the ride site. No signs of anything else on site right now either. It'll be interesting to watch. If they are refurbing it the work on the pool and structure will be very visible.

That's interesting. I asked because here at SFOT they are doing a lot of work on Aquaman Splashdown right now. Apparently dismantling the ride, leading to speculation of it's possible removal. Anyway, we'll know soon enough if these rides are being either refurbed or removed entirely.

That's interesting. I asked because here at SFOT they are doing a lot of work on Aquaman Splashdown right now. Apparently dismantling the ride, leading to speculation of it's possible removal. Anyway, we'll know soon enough if these rides are being either refurbed or removed entirely.

What are the odds they're being heavily rehabbed in the same year? Ours being 4 years newer.

I do know a safety bulletin was issued for a cracking issue that occurs on a part that hold the wheels. Maybe Six Flags has found cracks? Replacing those isn't a year long endeavor but I suppose the park could do some more work. How long has it run with zero water in the top?

As of now I'm fairly certain this is a genuine refurbishment of Tidal Wave, not a removal, but plans are constantly changing.

I'm glad to see Justice League receiving some love. The section of the exterior that's completed looks a lot better.

Proofread before you hit submit, please.

Who are you? The proofreading police? Everyone keep your typos in check or you're getting called out.

I don't see a reason to speculate over Tidal Wave. It would make more sense for the park to post a generic attraction closure sign in front of Tidal Wave if they were planning on removing it. Why bother to say that it will be back in 2019 if it won't be coming back at all? This is Six Flags St. Louis, not Cedar Point. They're not going to get too cryptic or throw a lot of curve balls.