TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Some even suggested it could be sold.

No, I never mentioned on here that the park could be for sale.

Choose your words more carefully. I'm still wondering who suggested the park could be sold. I think it's just you.

The Tomorrow Society Podcast Episode 50: A visit to Six Flags St. Louis, August 20, 2018. The last 10 minutes or so were dedicated to trashing the park and wondering if it could be sold or just closed. Give it a listen. And no, I am not Dan Heaton.

I'm not listening to some nerdy podcast. Their opinions aren't weighted anymore than ours.

Panda leaving is great news. At minimum this means the park gets one more wholly-owned restaurant to provide dining pass food. This means two new options in three years with Fowl Ball opening. The quality of Chop Six is at least equal to Panda (although the SFSL Panda gave me food poisoning so I'm probably more against it than most).

Just listened to the last 10 mins of that podcast per the recommendation here. Some well articulated points, most of which have been discussed here, reflecting on his visit during the time when a lot of the attractions were down. Always interesting hearing thoughts on the park that are done in a well put together manner. Thanks for posting the link.

Just listened to the last 10 mins of that podcast per the recommendation here. Some well articulated points, most of which have been discussed here, reflecting on his visit during the time when a lot of the attractions were down. Always interesting hearing thoughts on the park that are done in a well put together manner. Thanks for posting the link.

With maybe one exception the rides being down weren't necessarily the Park's fault though. That isn't really a very good point regardless of how well articulated it was.

The quality of Chop Six is at least equal to Panda (although the SFSL Panda gave me food poisoning so I'm probably more against it than most).

Maybe Chop Six varies from park-to-park but the Chop Six at Six Flags America is stunningly bad. I have no idea how you can make lo mein suck even if you drench it in soy sauce but they pulled it off. I'm convinced that Chop Six is painted cardboard in the shape of Chinese food. Even by Six Flags standards it's horrible.

Panda Express is perfectly "okay" middle-of-the-road American Chinese food which at a Six Flags park generally makes it one of your best options if you don't mind paying a bit for better food instead of settling for crap with (depending on the time of year) an endless line just because it's on the dining plan.

Not sure if this is like other Six Flags, but the line at Panda Express is shorter than other places, but it's also a place where you can get drink refills, and you have to go to the register to do it. So the line to order your food is always short, but then to pay takes forever as you wait behind the drink refill people.

So last week I ventured on quite the park trip journey. I went from 90* weather in Orlando at BGT, Universal, and SeaWorld to 30* weather at Silver Dollar City. Kind of weird to be doing amusement parks days apart with over 60* temperature differences. Crowds were light in Florida, Universal a tad heavier than the other 2. Silver Dollar City was dead as hell, but it didn't matter because barely any rides were open due to how cold it was, so no Time Traveler . It makes me wonder with how cold it has been if HITP at SFSTL will do good this year. If it stays cold, crowds will be far less. Anyway, I posted a trip report of BGT, here's the link... http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53855&start=7910

Yeah, the way November has gone the park probably isn't going to be as lucky as it was last year with mild to great weather. I remember one Saturday last December (I think it was December, may of been late November) it was like 60 degrees and the place was as crowded as I've ever seen. Lots of trip reports the following Monday as well, as it seemed everyone local that posts on this board attended that evening. Anyways, I don't see many of those nights with how cold and snowy its been already.

Hopefully the operating rides hold up ok. Last few years it seemed like it didn't really turn cold like this consistently until around Christmas, at the tail end of the operating dates.

^This is St. Louis, Bill and it's 11 o'clock right now. Everyone in the Midwest has the winter weather predicted identical to a frozen scene from the movie The Day After Tomorrow. We can't predict what the weather will be like on Thanksgiving, but for some reason everyone knows what the weather will be like from now to the end of March. No worries, because by 5 o'clock, everyone will be up in arms about global warming, again.

January: "It's so cold outside! I can tolerate the heat, but I can't tolerate the cold."

February: "This winter seems like it has lasted forever."

March: "We didn't get much snow this winter. Not like we used to when I was a kid ."

April: "Wow! It's 30 degrees one day and 70 degrees the next! Yesterday I was in a tee shirt, but today I'm wearing a coat!"

May: "Boy! We skipped Spring and went straight to Summer!"

June: "It's so hot outside! I can tolerate the cold, but I can't tolerate the heat."

July: "It's so muggy today! I don't mind the heat, but it's the humidity that makes it so miserable!"

August: "All of my grass is dead. If we don't get some rain, we're going to be in trouble!"

September: "I sure wish it would stop raining so much!"

October: "Boy! We skipped fall and went straight to winter!"

November: "I can't believe it's so cold this early in the year! I heard it's going to be a bad winter!"

December: "It hasn't been this cold in years!"

I guess you can't blame anyone, because sadly there isn't much else to talk about in this region. I guess I'd rather hear all of the cliche comments about the weather than hear everyone talk about Cardinals Baseball or deer hunting. My Snapchat is cluttered with pictures of smiling faces posed next to dead animals.

Another funny things- I went to SFOT last week and it was TOO COLD for Mr. Freeze to run... "too cold" for Mr. Freeze is kinda funny.... Is Freeze running at SFSTL?

Not sure what the minimum operating temp is, but the coldest evening I've been to HITP was two years ago when it was high 20's and Freeze was running.

Speaking of Freeze, another user in the SFoG thread posted an interesting blog that followed the coaster from its announcement, through the delay, and to the opening. It was interesting to browse through. The writer's focus was on SFoT, but there was still a lot of good information on our version.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130324040452/http://home.roadrunner.com/~gep2/mrfreeze.html

Looked at the SFSL site today to see if Eagle was going to be up and running for HITP and I see it's closed for the season. Bummer. Looks like it's the same list of attractions running as it was the previous two. I see it lists Batman as temporarily closed, not sure what that's about. Swapping to the winter wheels?

Looked at the SFSL site today to see if Eagle was going to be up and running for HITP and I see it's closed for the season. Bummer. Looks like it's the same list of attractions running as it was the previous two. I see it lists Batman as temporarily closed, not sure what that's about. Swapping to the winter wheels?

They'd probably be on winter wheels already. The park isn't open today so I wouldn't pay much attention to anything other than "closed for the season".

It is quite the bummer that Eagle won't be open. It was nice on year one when they opened some of Illinois - it'd be great if they just had that whole section in play. Great America has the entire park open. I do know Eagle has anti-rollbacks installed so maybe there are valley concerns - but it always seems to hit them with a ton of speed.

I know there are stairs between Bugs Bunny NP and Illinois that'd be tough to clear snow and ice from, but they're optional. The Eagle exit is also stairs but you could probably cover them. You could force all traffic to the Boomerang-Superman midway if you can't clear stairs quickly.

I don’t think they given up on Xcalibur. If you view the park map, they removed the ride icons from the back half of the park. It’s possible that they decided to remove Xcalibur too since it won’t be up at all for HITP

The entirety of Hurricane Harbor is in the list. Screaming Eagle and The Boss are in the list. Fireball, Boomerang, Skyscreamer, Thunder River, Tidal Wave and Log Flume are in the list. The only ride missing from the list of rides in the app is Xcalibur.