TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The funny part is most people believe that after the fatality of Stella on the Railblazer it was removed. But the one she died on is the one they kept and got rid of the other side.

I seem to remember very clearly (I was 15 or 16 so not a little kid) that it was closed down immediately after the accident and while one side reverted back to Mine Train the other side closed down and Ninja went in like 4 or 5 years later. I looked it up on rcdb and it only shows it operating during the 1984 season and I seem to remember the accident was pretty early on in the season. I know we wanted to ride it but never were able to.

But it was a long time ago so maybe I'm mixed up. Were you around at that time? Anyone else remember the details?

P.S. - I do remember the news interviewing her family at the time and thinking they didn't sound all that upset.....it was kind of weird.

The funny part is most people believe that after the fatality of Stella on the Railblazer it was removed. But the one she died on is the one they kept and got rid of the other side.

I seem to remember very clearly (I was 15 or 16 so not a little kid) that it was closed down immediately after the accident and while one side reverted back to Mine Train the other side closed down and Ninja went in like 4 or 5 years later. I looked it up on rcdb and it only shows it operating during the 1984 season and I seem to remember the accident was pretty early on in the season. I know we wanted to ride it but never were able to.

But it was a long time ago so maybe I'm mixed up. Were you around at that time? Anyone else remember the details?

P.S. - I do remember the news interviewing her family at the time and thinking they didn't sound all that upset.....it was kind of weird.

The Railblazer did close for a bit after the accident, but reopened with additional seatbelts (unlocked with a special key) and staffed with about a dozen crew members it seemed. I rode it after the accident, and due to the slow, extra careful loading the capacity was terrible. I’m sure this was the real reason that it only lasted for the 1984 season. I was in college when it happened, and a guy in my dorm worked first aid and was there that day. He couldn’t say much, but the circumstances were suspicious. The other mine train operated as a sit down ride until it was removed. The year that we had The Condor here (ride rotation program - one year only in 1987) it sat where the Ninja is, and that side of the mine train was SBNO with a chunk of track removed. It left in 1988 I believe.

FYI, Jet Scream was removed at the end of the 1988 season, and Ninja opened in 1989.

My home park would happily take your last 5 years of additions

Seriously! I know SF gets a bad rap, and I still think CF is better overall as a company. But I would much rather have SF own MiA than CF, as at least the park would get regular, minor additions, rather than nothing, year after year! It's all about perspective, and I think anybody with a SF park nearby should consider themselves blessed!

^ I wouldn't link to Coasterforce's videos on here if I were you.

His videos are awful anyway. Here is a much better one provided by the park.

Edited by boldikus

^ I wouldn't link to Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits's videos on here if I were you.

His videos are awful anyway. Here is a much better one provided by the park.

I always thought they took out the better of the two sides on the mine train.

k

The Railblazer did close for a bit after the accident, but reopened with additional seatbelts (unlocked with a special key) and staffed with about a dozen crew members it seemed. I rode it after the accident, and due to the slow, extra careful loading the capacity was terrible. I’m sure this was the real reason that it only lasted for the 1984 season. I was in college when it happened, and a guy in my dorm worked first aid and was there that day. He couldn’t say much, but the circumstances were suspicious. The other mine train operated as a sit down ride until it was removed. The year that we had The Condor here (ride rotation program - one year only in 1987) it sat where the Ninja is, and that side of the mine train was SBNO with a chunk of track removed. It left in 1988 I believe.

FYI, Jet Scream was removed at the end of the 1988 season, and Ninja opened in 1989.

Ok I guess I just didn't remember the reopen but that's a little closer to what I thought. I knew it was gone at the end of it's first season. I also remember the suspicious nature of the accident and seem to remember info coming out later in the news about a large life insurance policy and suspicion on the husband. Too bad.

I remember that commercial!! It looks hilarious now, lol!

My home park would happily take your last 5 years of additions

Seriously! I know SF gets a bad rap, and I still think CF is better overall as a company. But I would much rather have SF own MiA than CF, as at least the park would get regular, minor additions, rather than nothing, year after year! It's all about perspective, and I think anybody with a SF park nearby should consider themselves blessed!

I love CF, but I still think our park is better than WoF, which is very nice and clean looking park. However... If you want to talk about a park with mediocre rides and no signature attraction, WoF is it. I do think that CF will get around to giving some attention to MiA and WoF, but it's going to take a while.

One of my only real gripes with SF is the low cost of season passes. That said, I completely understand what they're dong and why the prices are so low. Before people jump to conclusions, by no means am I saying that lower income individuals make the park less pleasant. My issue is with the crowds of obnoxious inconsiderate teens, of all social classes, dropped off in droves by parents who want to use the park as a babysitter.

uhg. I hate having to be so PC in 2018 so people don't misunderstand my post.

I also wish the park would clean up some areas and make them look more pleasant like CF's focus, but I'm a realist and I understand these things take time and time is money. I'm not someone who says, "How hard is it to use a power washer and a paint brush?" I also understand that it's hard to keep areas clean with said unruly teens tromping through the landscaping, peeling paint, carving initials in queue's, sticking gum on everything, and discarding trash everywhere, all of which I have witnessed ten fold at SF parks compared to CF parks I've visited.

Now that I've completely changed the subject, I might as well ask that for the love of all that is holy can SFSTL please do something with Screaming Eagles queue all the way from the main entrance to the rotting littered roof tops????? The ride is a F***ing icon. That is all.

Now that I've completely changed the subject, I might as well ask that for the love of all that is holy can SFSTL please do something with Screaming Eagles queue all the way from the main entrance to the rotting littered roof tops????? The ride is a F***ing icon. That is all.

Spot on, man. It's so disheartening to see the state of that queue. I understand changing the entry point to be more friendly to guests with disabilities, but the upkeep is just embarrassingly poor. That little grassy area between the switchbacks and the ramps up to the station often seems to be just knee high grass and weeds left to run rampant. Send someone in there with a weed whacker, and YES, do something with the roof! Also the lights in the ramp area have been out or non functional before, so you're standing in darkness at night in that part of the queue. Screamin' Eagle deserves better

Spot on, man. It's so disheartening to see the state of that queue. I understand changing the entry point to be more friendly to guests with disabilities, but the upkeep is just embarrassingly poor. That little grassy area between the switchbacks and the ramps up to the station often seems to be just knee high grass and weeds left to run rampant. Send someone in there with a weed whacker, and YES, do something with the roof! Also the lights in the ramp area have been out or non functional before, so you're standing in darkness at night in that part of the queue. Screamin' Eagle deserves better

To be honest Eagle deserves a brand new ADA compliant queue and station - and I don't think it would be impossible to do. It'd just cost money.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that plans on going to Fright Fest this year for the event's 30th anniversary, here's the full lineup. The event begins on September 28th and runs Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through October 28th. This will be the most expansive Fright Fest that Six Flags St. Louis has ever done!

Mazes

Night Terrors - Behind the Empire Theater

Camp Killamore - In Hurricane Harbor

Blackout - In Sound Stage #2

Blind Fury - In the shade arbors

The Slaughter House - In the second mine train station building

A haunted house pass (regular or VIP) is required to enter the haunted attractions.

Scare Zones

NEW! Project Chromo - Under Boomerang

NEW! Blood Bank Lounge - Near Boss

Butcher's Block - In front of Fireball

Sycophants - In DC Comics Plaza

Vengeful Trolls - Near Colossus

Gnawlin's Hollow - Near Log Flume

Zombieville - Near Joker

Shows

Freaks Unleashed - At the Palace Porch

Love at First Fright - In the Palace Theater

Dead Man's Party - At the Palace Porch