TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

A lot of the general public will think this is Highland Fling that has been refurbished and given a new name....

Yeah, I've seen quite a few posts on Facebook to confirm your statement.

pick the worst ride each year, close it for a season then replace it, with a newer copy.

Minus keeping a ride closed for a season, I like replacing older tired rides with upgrades, or at least other comparable rides in general. I don't see that as a bad thing. Considering staffing issues and associated cost, I don't understand why the park would add a ride to the line-up without closing another.

I don't think it was SFSTL'S intention to have so many rides down this year.

While I'm okay with us getting a Zamperla Endeavour, why did they decide to give it a Supergirl theme when it's right in the middle of a bunch of medieval-style buildings and theming? Maybe when the ride actually opens they'll make it fit in with Britannia more but as of right now that's kind of baffling to me. Sure there are other rides that are out of theme (Pandemonium), but I don't get why they couldn't have just named it something England-related, throwing an IP on it just seems really lazy to me.

I believe the days of SF considering themeing are gone. Let go. No one should be surprised about any aspect of this addition. It's exactly what I expected in almost every detail. Six Flags sells season passes for $50 a pop and our park doesn't bring in the guests like Great America, Magic Mountain, Over Texas, and Over Georgia. We're a small park and the St. Louis Metropolitan area isn't that great. Expect small additions in the 'Six Flags Day' fashion. Users will be having the exact same conversation next year.

Travel.

What on Earth would drive them to choose the 24 passenger variant? That's significantly lower capacity than Fling isn't it?

Go to the park during a weekday or the off season and that should answer your question. There's no need for us to have the high capacity that a park like SFoT would need. I'd rather they get a new attraction like this and do park improvements.

Edited by prozach626

Speaking of weekdays...don’t forget the Park is open tonight from 6 to 11! Last year the August Fridays were some of the best days to visit! (Make sure to stop by JLBM.)

I’m looking forward to the new ride. I don’t see the 24 passenger version a bad thing. I think having nothing below you or on either side of you will make the ride even more thrilling! Also, the renderings looks like there will be some signs in the queue with information or comics about Supergirl similar to what I saw in the queue for Harley Quinn at SFNE. Either way, I’m excited to have something in that spot again.

I believe the days of SF considering themeing are gone. Let go. No one should be surprised about any aspect of this addition.

Most of the other parks somewhat care about theming, ours doesn't. Just look at the Screampunk District area coming to SFOG that was announced yesterday and the Boardwalk area that's being worked on at SFMM. I think we have the potential to have cohesively themed areas, but we just don't. It doesn't have to be in-depth, it's really just about being creative and improving guest experience, but that all just comes down to effort.

I believe the days of SF considering themeing are gone. Let go. No one should be surprised about any aspect of this addition.

Most of the other parks somewhat care about theming, ours doesn't. Just look at the Screampunk District area coming to SFOG that was announced yesterday and the Boardwalk area that's being worked on at SFMM. I think we have the potential to have cohesively themed areas, but we just don't. It doesn't have to be in-depth, it's really just about being creative and improving guest experience, but that all just comes down to effort.

ugh ... just leads me to think SFSTL is such an afterthought to Corp. 'yeah, just give STL a spinny ride and call it ... hmm ... Supergirl ... done and done'. 'Now back to the Magic Mountain discussion!'

Edited by SteveStL

well for sure in SFSL's case, I do not consider the park the be a "THEME" park anymore. I guess you could say DCcomics - is the predominant theme. Warner Bros should just bite the bullet and kill the SF brand finally and make all the parks into "Superhero land" or some such. SFSL is a random mix of original attractions and IP's -- seems to make a clunky experience - hence I classify it as an AMUSEMENT PARK.

a few more cents worth..

Kevin

SFStL needs to invest in landscaping, paint and fixing the rides they already have. Baby steps. Today the park looks like a Mall headed for foreclosure.

Under Dave, this was happening... and at other parks, it is still happening. I made it up to Great America last weekend to see what a real Six Flags park looks like. Fantastic new coasters (especially Goliath and X-Flight), and cleaner and more "together" than SFStL in every way. Not every store and restaurant was open (last weekday in operation for the summer), but there were no lines, friendly staff everywhere, and plenty of people out cleaning tables and sweeping walkways. One even offered to clear my tray as we were getting up from lunch (and no, I'm not 80! ).

Maintenance was clearly being done as well. As an example, the Demon (Ninja's close cousin) rode VERY smoothly(!) and had all of its lights and sounds still working, including the 35-year old theme song (from back in the Marriott days) still playing loudly and proudly in the queue lines. Other queues had the TVs on (and turned up) with Looney Tunes cartoons and Six Flags Trivia on display.

My son lost his glasses out of his jacket pocket while on Superman... we filed a report at Lost and Found and were told they patrol the grounds at least once a week.

On the way out, three shirt-and-tie higher-ups were at the front gate, complete with their own brooms and dustpans. I let them know how much we enjoyed the visit there, and (being from St. Louis) how much we wished the same attention could be spent on our park.

I know Chicago is a bigger draw than St. Louis will ever be, and they will always get better toys than us. But it's much deeper than that. I had the sense that the staff had pride in their park. That spark existed here up until a few years ago... but it left with Dave.

At least my membership here gets me in there (and the other parks) for free... that's one reason to keep it.

I'll be looking forward to trips to Great America and Texas next year... and keep hoping that St. Louis gets their mojo back.

I am intrigued by these Endeavors despite the fact that the Enterprises make me a bit nauseous.

I guess that the key for me would be to ride this before it gets too hot...as well as before I start drinking beer at the park.

At least you have decent offerings at SDC and SFSTL. Powder Keg, Outlaw Fun, Time Traveler, Wildfire, Screaming Eagle, American Thunder, Batman, and Mr. Freeze. I can't think of one ride at World's of Fun that isn't incredibly bland to me, now that I've heard Prowler has been neglected. Maybe Patriot (eh...) or the first half of Mamba (ehhhh...)? Nice looking park, though.

Has anyone tried to buy/renew passes/memberships this weekend? I've been trying off and on all day and the web site is NOT being friendly and allowing you to make the purchase. The sale ends at midnight, hoping it will be extended if it is down all day and evening.

Has anyone tried to buy/renew passes/memberships this weekend? I've been trying off and on all day and the web site is NOT being friendly and allowing you to make the purchase. The sale ends at midnight, hoping it will be extended if it is down all day and evening.

I had no problem Kim, but that was on Friday.

Mike

Six Flags posted stuff on Twitter saying there were site issues due to the heavy volume on the last day of the Flash sale. Seems to be okay now, just periodically check throughout the night if you still have issues.

Website currently says this: ATTENTION: OUR ONLINE STORE IS EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF FLASH SALE PURCHASERS. WE EXPECT THAT SERVICE WILL BE RESTORED BY 6:30PM EST / 5:30PM CST/ 3:30PM PST. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

I know a lot of years they extend it a bit, even when they don't have technical difficulties, so I bet it happens again.

Yep.....and just went to try again and they have now extended it by 24 hours. Apparently, so much volume that it crashed. It was doing some crazy stuff. I will try later tonight and if that is still a no go, I'll try tomorrow morning during a break at work.

Anyway, so much for the non-coaster new ride keeping any significant number of people from renewing passes or memberships....

Yep.....and just went to try again and they have now extended it by 24 hours. Apparently, so much volume that it crashed. It was doing some crazy stuff. I will try later tonight and if that is still a no go, I'll try tomorrow morning during a break at work.

Anyway, so much for the non-coaster new ride keeping any significant number of people from renewing passes or memberships....

Getting the old rides going again, as many as possible, for Labor Day weekend was probably going to influence people more than anything else. And Supergirl addressed one of those closures.

Yes the GP has noticed the rides down.