TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Saw CoasterStudios SixFlags prediction video and most of it makes sense....except for St. Louis where he thinks a Raptor is a good bet to be announced this year. If not that, maybe a frisbee.

Ha.

Ha.Ha.

HAHAHAHAHA

It's troika time.

I agree it will likely be the Troika. It would fit well into Fling's spot and, like Boomerang (a truly terrible ride) it would cost next to nothing to put it in. However, I have had enough of these kinds of carnival rides, not to mention Six Flags St Louis's inability to even keep the crummy rides they have up and running. If the Troika is the "really big" announcement mentioned on the Six Flags St Louis "Big Online Event" page, we will not be renewing our season passes and dining passes this year. Honestly, between the carnival rides and the rides that don't work, Six Flags St Louis has become boring to us and we don't go nearly as often as we used to. I am hoping against hope that they will announce something worthwhile this year, but given corporate's reluctance to spend any money on our park, I'm not expecting much. I think we will take the money we save from not renewing, put some more towards it, and go on a cruise instead.

Yeah, for me it's pretty simple. If nothing exciting is announced, we aren't renewing either. That's not a whiny enthusiast threat, it's just the reality of my situation. Figure voting with the wallet is the best way. I really hope the best for this park, but gosh what a bad year. We've only gone once this year, and my wife didn't even go for that visit, at that. Been a waste of money to have the passes thus far. Hope to at least get out to Fright Fest to make it worth it, at least.

It came to mind that within the next year or so I wouldn't be one bit surprised it a Skyline Attractions Skywarp gets added to SFSTL and marketed as a roller coaster. We're not going to get a Raptor and we're not going to get a S&S Frees Spin. I think this will be corporate's next "logical" choice for our small park. It made sense when I saw the new Harley Quin "Coaster" being installed at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I don't think there's any chance a new actual roller coaster will come to the park and I think attractions like the Skywarp killed that chance for us. I'd put some money on us not getting a legitimate roller coaster anytime soon. It's whatever. As for next year, I don't have a clue.

Saw CoasterStudios SixFlags prediction video and most of it makes sense....except for St. Louis where he thinks a Raptor is a good bet to be announced this year. If not that, maybe a frisbee.

If you want to see something discouraging, check out his latest review of SFSTL.

Sounds mostly like regurgitation of essentially the group think for weeks. The person also seems to have no idea what rides are. If you had the inside info wouldn't you know what a Zamp Endeavour is, Turbillion, Skywarp, etc... or the documents you supposedly obtained would have the official ride names given by the manufacturer and not figure 8 ride or ride spinning on 3 axis or inverting looping coaster. Highly skeptical that that is nothing more than an enthusiast who wanted their predictions to be the center of attention.

Sort of agree with you Sven. While some of these are certainly plausible and may indeed be true, a lot of these are the same rumors that have been going on for awhile.

Screamscape just posted a rumor that Excalibur is slated for removal and is currently for sale. He has a link to the for sale listing on there (sorry on phone and can't put the link it). That's a big loss for the park.

Sort of agree with you Sven. While some of these are certainly plausible and may indeed be true, a lot of these are the same rumors that have been going on for awhile.

Screamscape just posted a rumor that Excalibur is slated for removal and is currently for sale. He has a link to the for sale listing on there (sorry on phone and can't put the link it). That's a big loss for the park.

Also, I went thru the full thread and not 1 water park addition. When has SF never done a WP expansion at all in a year? Another layer of skepticism. WP's are gold for parks and have great ROI's.

A giant discovery would be a good replacement for it

That reddit doofus came clean that his post was a lie. Not a surprise there. It sounded incredibly fishy.

Well, now we are at the week of with no real credible rumors on what to expect, what is everyone's guess? I'll stick with the Troika heading to Fling's spot.

edit- just got confirmation that my wife's company has rented SFSL out for the third year in a row for employee day which is a Saturday next month. Been a blast the last few years as everything is walk on. Looks like I'll get my first ride on the "new Boss". I'm going to attempt to ride it in the front, back and middle to see how it is. If I die, well, at least this post will be here.

^I'd trade your front and back rides for three rides in a middle car, front seat, leaning forward, and well lubricated.

Also, if anyone is interested in wasting their time reading another one of my worthless TR's of a SFSTL home-boy venturing out; my TR to Kennywood is up:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75409&p=1879719#p1879719

Nice find, TNT. I also saw that today Screamscape posted a pseudo-retraction saying that listing was not for the STL Evolution, but that there are still heavy rumors of it being taken out for good. For you folks that work at the park, is there a sense of that? I suppose anytime an attraction is down for that length of time (with the rarity of the ride in general), it's not exactly a stretch for folks to think that.

For you folks that work at the park, is there a sense of that?

All I've heard is that maintenance is hoping to get it reopened by next season.

Most of the rumblings I've heard about the new addition are pointing to an Endeavor going in Highland Fling's old spot. Of course, we employees really don't have any more knowledge about future additions than most people. But it makes the most sense to me- they already have a queue and ride pad just sitting there. And Fling was a family favorite, lots of guests seem upset when I tell them that it's not there any more, so I'm sure it would be a hit. Whatever ends up going there can't be much taller anyways due to Dragon's Wing flying over the area.

Most of the rumblings I've heard about the new addition are pointing to an Endeavor going in Highland Fling's old spot. Of course, we employees really don't have any more knowledge about future additions than most people. But it makes the most sense to me- they already have a queue and ride pad just sitting there. And Fling was a family favorite, lots of guests seem upset when I tell them that it's not there any more, so I'm sure it would be a hit. Whatever ends up going there can't be much taller anyways due to Dragon's Wing flying over the area.

That is what makes the most sense to me. I loved Highland Fling and an endeavor, hopefully the higher capacity model, would be nice to plunk down in that spot. Assuming it has a lights package that many of the new ones have, it would really brighten up that area of the park at night.

To quote Six Flag St. Louis's current website teasing the 2019 new ride: "It's not an exaggeration to say that our August 30 new ride announcement will be bigger than any other news you've heard this year. We're planning something really big for Six Flags St. Louis in 2019!"

Now, while the rumored Zamperla Endeavour is a good ride, and certainly would be a logical replacement for Highland Fling, is there anyone out there who thinks that installing one would be "bigger than any other news you've heard this year"? Anyone who thinks that, if that's the ride we're getting, that Six Flags has planned something "really big for Six Flags St. Louis"? Anyone? Anyone? I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I just don't think anyone out there will think that an Endeavour is a "really big" anything at all.

As for me, it's simple: no new coaster, no season pass / dining pass renewals. The park has just plain gotten boring for us. Not only is there never anything new that's "really big", but the experience has deteriorated markedly this year. It's not just that most of the time this year, there were constantly numerous rides down (and we have little enough to ride as it is compared to other parks), it's that park management just doesn't seem to care any more about doing the little things that make for a good experience. Just to take one example of many: Why, oh why, is it impossible to keep ice in the drink machines at J.B.s? I mean, really, is it that difficult to figure out a way to make that happen? You know, a few years ago when Dave Roemer was still the Park President, I personally witnessed him walking through the park pushing a cart of ice. I asked him where he was going, and he said J.B.s, because they were out of ice. Now, while I don't expect the park president to regularly restock the ice machines, that Dave was willing to step up and fill in when necessary shows that he was someone who cared about what was going on. We also used to see frequently see Dave at the park exit at the end of the day asking customers (IMHO, since we pay, we're not "guests") how their visit went, or we'd see him walking around the park, and when he did, he'd always stop and pick up a piece of trash if one crossed his path. I'm not going to say that the new management is responsible for the obvious deterioration of the experience at Six Flags St. Louis, but I will say this: since Dave left, I saw Pete Carmichael walking around the park a grand total of once (and I had been going a LOT), and I haven't seen the new Park President Phil Liggett at all this year. One wonders how they can improve the experience if they don't see the experience. Phil could start by, oh, getting a drink at J.B.s on a hot summer day. He'd get the point soon enough why the lack of a new roller coaster, while important, is not the primary reason why, unless a miracle happens and we get one, we will not even be considering dropping in excess of $500 on season passes and dining passes for 2019.

To quote Six Flag St. Louis's current website teasing the 2019 new ride: "It's not an exaggeration to say that our August 30 new ride announcement will be bigger than any other news you've heard this year. We're planning something really big for Six Flags St. Louis in 2019!"

This same language was used for all of the SF park teasers, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I just have to laugh at SF when they say that their teaser isn't an exaggeration when that's exactly what it is. Unless SF is announcing something bigger than the world's tallest dive coaster or the world's tallest inversion, then their announcement most certainly won't be bigger than any other news we've heard this year. I know SF is just trying to hype their ride annoucements, but the amount of hyperbole is that quote is beyond ridiculous.