TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I enjoyed Batman Backwards at both Great Adventure and La Ronde (well technically Vampire backwards there).

I thought it was just as smooth as usual. Yes going backwards made an already intense ride already more intense. For one ride, I prefer Batman Backwards but it's not something I could marathon.

Batman's capacity even with one train is pretty decent. It seems like they put some of the better crew members on Batman, since it's our second newest steel coaster and still one of the major draws of the park. (sigh) It should be pretty easy to get a couple rides in early in the day and near closing time.

Edit - I forgot about Pandemonium because well... It's Pandemonium.

Edited by prozach626

I believe they have trains that are entirely forwards and trains that are entirely backwards.

See here:

The backwards experience is called "Backdrop". They seem to pull from different lines. This is an amazing setup that's a win-win for everyone. Six Flags is not likely to spend that much money on this.

I am about 90% certain they are just going to have everybody queue as normal and then you get on whichever train happens to be right in front of you, with all the balking and chaotic shuffling of guests that you would expect.

Since they close the row 1 queue for Batman Backwards and if you stand in it you're guaranteed to ride forwards under that plan, then I'd approve of that otherwise disastrous setup if it ever comes back to Great Adventure.

They close row one for backwards Batman? I don't remember that last time they did it in St Louis.

They need to backwards the Tommy g Robinson - or am I correct in thinking the hill is too great in going that direction?

Kevin

The train actually did run in the opposite direction for some time. They flipped it around for multiple reasons one of those being the grade between Mine Train and Joker. That is a seriously steep grade, probably around 4%. Granted the grade behind Old Glory to Chicago is steep but only for a couple hundred feet if that.

Since they close the row 1 queue for Batman Backwards and if you stand in it you're guaranteed to ride forwards under that plan, then I'd approve of that otherwise disastrous setup if it ever comes back to Great Adventure.

They close row one for backwards Batman? I don't remember that last time they did it in St Louis.

This will be the first time Batman at SFSTL has ran backwards, for the general public anyway.

I could be wrong, but wasn't this before Namtab became a thing?