TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The helix was never really an issue for me. It was a unique element, even if it wasn't the smoothest. The rattling on other sections of the track when the train got up to speed was much worse. I know others though whose stomachs and necks couldn't handle helix, so I guess we will see how it pans out. If nothing else it's going to make for an interesting first ride of the season.

I wish they'd just RMC the damn thing instead of playing around with the helix

I've accepted the fact that this will won't happen. Ever.

After riding it in the summer, it was the worst decision of my life. If they were to RMC it, it would be amazing. But yeah, it'll never happen.

Man the matter of fact way the park just responded that yeh they removed a few hundred feet is funny to me.

No big.

Using more of the space between Eagle and Boss in that area could have offered up a different finale with similar length but I understand the full on delete of the helix.

I'll pour one out for the helix. At least it wasn't Beast helix boring.

Edit: Did the math. Over 8% of the length of The Boss is getting cut.

Around 15 seconds off the duration.

Edited by Danrarbc

Wait, when will boss re-open then? I'm hoping it won't be closed when I go, but I'm only going on the second week of operation this year.. Also does anyone know about when does the park releases the year's schedule?

I don't see any reason to believe it wouldn't be ready for opening day. Despite the drastic change the actual work required isn't going to much different than other retracks and reprofiles the ride has had.

The helix was by far my least favorite part of the ride, I'm glad it's going. Also, last year, they were running two trains on Boss, yet they only actually loaded one, the other had sandbags and they sent it empty every time. Why would they do this rather than just putting the empty train in storage?

The helix was by far my least favorite part of the ride, I'm glad it's going. Also, last year, they were running two trains on Boss, yet they only actually loaded one, the other had sandbags and they sent it empty every time. Why would they do this rather than just putting the empty train in storage?

I believe it is to make sure the cars didn’t valley during the course. Correct me if i’m wrong

Considering how high the Boss's minimum operating temperature seems to be compared to the park's other coasters, it suggests it's more prone to valleying. I don't blame them for loading sandbags in the car.

Maybe they were running the train with sandbags so it would be ready in the event the ride developed a line as the day went on?

I agree with the previous poster who said it's bizarre how casual this has been. I guess advertising the shortening of a ride isn't a selling point, but again, just odd there was no PR or anything. Assuming they don't really call attention to this, I'd imagine it's going to make for some very confused riders this season, haha.

edit- actually maybe not, as the queue does go by the helix. I'd think if it's totally torn down and removed that will pretty visible and apparent to anyone that's ridden before.