TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The loss of the bulk of the rides for almost the entire final week makes me really feel like they should open for an extra weekend.

But that's just me.

Yeah, but then, in addition to maintenance schedules, you also start getting consistently dicey weather. This year was unfortunate but unusual. Most years we don't start getting really bad weather until January. I mean a couple weeks ago it was 60. Although, I'm sure they realize it's a risk anytime you try to have outdoor venues after Thanksgiving. As long as the event as a whole makes a profit they won't worry about individual bad days or being shortened by a few days. I don't see them taking a risk of going longer into January (usually one of our worst weather months) particularly after schools start up again.

Does it have a sander for wheel slip? That grade at Old Glory is pretty steep. I remember one time at Fright Fest it repeatedly had to back up and take another shot. Needless to say with a full train it took around five tries.

One rumor going a while back was adding another train back on line. That way there is a back up and extra for busy days. The other was switching the direction back to the old counter clockwise circle. But that would also cause issues with the grade between Ninja and Mine Train as the grade is really steep for much longer.

Overall the park is lucky to have the railroad. They are expensive to maintain and still fall under regulations. The fact it is steam powered it special to. I'm sure it isn't going anywhere due to the popularity but enjoy it.

I kind of figured that would be the case. Since we're having a heat wave today we are going to go to the park from about 4:30 til whenever we can't stand it anymore!

Quick question, I saw that they have chicken noodle soup and chili in bread bowls (under the holiday treats on the web site) Does anyone know which venue is selling that? Josh do you know?

Sorry, just saw your question. I’m not 100% sure right now that HIP is over for the season.

And to the post above talking about the Tommy G, there did used to be a second train (green I believe) that was eventually sold to Busch Gardens (Tampa?) where it operates to this day! I guess the roundhouse was modified when it went down to single-train ops. However, I think our park has such great “legacy” pieces. Namely the Tommy G, Colossus, the terrain/nature/trees.

Overall the park is lucky to have the railroad. They are expensive to maintain and still fall under regulations. The fact it is steam powered it special to. I'm sure it isn't going anywhere due to the popularity but enjoy it.

Truth. I try not to take the train and log flume for granted. We really enjoy both of those less thrilling rides.

Have a Happy New Year, everyone! Be safe. I'm actually thankful tonight I have to work. If I would have gone to one more Holiday Event I probably would have puked.

Yes I do enjoy having the Log Flume. There are a few parks that have removed them for other rides and that sucks. I'd even enjoy riding Tidal Wave if it got refurbished and we got those high speed drying things for the times when you don't want to walk around dealing with the consequences

I definitely wouldn't weep if that second one was gone though...

^^ You too, Zach! I would imagine that working New Years Eve as a PO can be both interesting, and potentially more dangerous with more idiots drinking and driving than usual.

We never go out on NYE although our furnace just stopped running this morning as the temp is 5 degrees outside. So off to Home Depot I go to buy another space heater to hopefully get us by until Tuesday.

Ouch! What a bad time for a furnace to go out.

Working NYE, we stay pretty busy. Although myself and another guy are in a strictly pro-active street crimes unit where we make our own work, we'll probably spend a lot of time helping out the patrol units who have to answer calls for service.

I hope everyone has a safe night.

Even with the park closing early and presumably having a dreadful end of HITP, hopefully the insanely good weather that held for most of it helped them beat last year's numbers. I mean, the Saturday night that I visited a few weeks back when it was 60 out was probably as crowded as I've seen the park. I know I had friends visit at other times that said the same thing back when we were having unseasonably warm temps.

That's great!

It's a shame that the death and removal of the Fling was quick and sudden versus getting an announcement and a "one last ride" kinda thing. I suppose sometimes when they go, they just go. RIP and I hope the replacement flat lives at least half as long a life!

That's great!

It's a shame that the death and removal of the Fling was quick and sudden versus getting an announcement and a "one last ride" kinda thing. I suppose sometimes when they go, they just go. RIP and I hope the replacement flat lives at least half as long a life!

True. I haven't ridden it in as long as I can remember, but I would probably have gone for one last ride.

The ride made a very cool sound when it decelerated. It alsmost sounded like a car or plane decelerating. Does anyone know what caused that?

^Yeah, most of the new perks for the proposed levels were not that enticing to me. I wouldn't mind receiving a couple of them, though, if I ever chose to upgrade to the equivalent of what is currently Gold.

Only thing that stood out to me was the points system, though I probably won't go enough to earn anything significant.

What were the new perks?

If I remember right, it's platinum, then Diamond.

Mainly bigger discounts on food, one premium parking ticket, one skip the line, and a few other things.

None of that really interests me. But part of that is Gold is already equivalent to Cedar Fair's platinum level. Okay - the line skip would be nice if it was one per visit

The survey also included a "Diamond Elite" pass

Here's the list of benefits:

Admission and Parking at all Six Flags theme parks and water parks.

Preferred Parking Every Visit.

Priority entry to the park via our exclusive Member entrance.

Unlimited soft drinks every visit

Member-only Water Park Seating

Member-Only Show Seating.

Bonus summertime free friend ticket (on select days)

Free friend tickets on select days

Exclusive ride time events

Season Parking at all Six Flags parks ($25/visit value)

Free upgrades on funnel cakes, nachos, games and paid attractions.

First to ride new attractions.

Free S'Mores kit during Holiday in the Park

Member Appreciation Days plus regular Member-Only exclusive ride times.

Member-Only Opening Day Invite

One-time printed ride photo

Diamond level seating in Hurricane Harbor

Priority first-in-line entry to Hurricane Harbor

Priority entry to concerts

Special Member Pass ID with Member lanyard, exclusive Member newsletter and access to our private Member support center.

Diamond Elite Membership ALSO includes all of the following additional benefits:

Skip the line on TWO rides every visit

Save 50% on food, merchandise, candy, Deluxe Dining Passes, Season Popcorn buckets and Season Photo Passes.

Save a minimum of 50% off on all tickets for friends

Priority Preferred Parking Every Visit.

Haunted House wristband every visit to Fright Fest.

Save 30% off on Cabana rentals, VIP tours, and tube rentals. Save $15 on Flash Passes

Extra (double) ride on paid attractions every visit

Upgrade every visit on funnel cakes, nachos and games

Flash Pass Upgrade every visit

Choice of Diamond Elite-level premium park clothing item

Diamond Elite Pass Holder ID

Damn, that's quite a few perks. I suppose if you had a lot of money to burn and you wanted all of the perks that would be a neat option. Does it have any pricing info?

Also, my BGW TR from the summer is done if any fellow St. Louisans want to look or plan on heading that way soon:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75409&p=1837154#p1837154