TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^^

Ignoring the bad allows them to continue as they see fit though.

I didn't want to chime in. But it's the truth. Can't ignore it because you don't like it.

I never said anything about ignoring the bad stuff because I don't like it. I was merely stating that it would be nice if the media focused more on the positive things going on in the world more than the constant negatives.

Well obviously it was slow enough that it wasn't worth it. States on the web site today that they will be closed due to extreme temps but plan on being open tomorrow. Looking at the forecast tomorrow and Friday may be it for the season......looks to be pretty brutal again for New Year's Eve and day.

So as I sit here bored working remotely today, I thought I'd goof around and see how and where a a nice new steel could go... here's what I've come up with so far. Taking out Ninja for a station and que area and then using the access land outside the perimeter road and down along the side of the waterpark. Shows how much room there is to fit something in. It just gives you an idea of what kind of beautifulness we could have but will never see... this is what happens when you combine boredom and nerdness...

SFDREAM.thumb.png.aa41258bb1b8dd74836757b99389b65f.png

SFDREAM2.thumb.png.abcb06ab3122fe161940aea9a92dc409.png

So as I sit here bored working remotely today, I thought I'd goof around and see how and where a a nice new steel could go... here's what I've come up with so far.

I’ve looked at the satellite imagery of our park and some wishlist coaster types before too. The reality of the matter is land isn’t an issue. There’s room for multiple coasters of major scale to be added with almost no modification to the park as-is (just the removal of Tidal Wave or Ninja as shown). You could out and back a hyper by Eagle with a station on Tidal Wave's plot in the same style as your Ninja thoughts. There’s even room to add a new area like Great America did when they added Southwest Territory, maybe a tad smaller, although it’d sacrifice a potential coaster plot. There’s room for something like Ragin’ Bull on the Old Glory site. Something like Lightning Run would fit in a couple of areas as well. The reality is the reason none of this happens is the current corporate leadership doesn’t believe in giving this park the kind of budget necessary to make any of that happen. Truth is if it wasn’t for RMC conversions I’m not sure the chain has added something I’d consider a major coaster anywhere in at least 5 years unless you want to consider the double launched Premier job at MM - and I'm not sure I want to. Current ownership has only done what only one B&M?

Nice Work!

It's okay to dream, as long as you're not disappointed each year around the end of August.

I don't really feel annual disappointment anymore. It's more a constant urge to go see other parks as much as possible.

Being in a cold metal prison barred Ferris Wheel cage in single digit temperatures sounds like torture.

Single digits front row Batman would probably be worse. Also - they closed Batman? Must have been a guest comfort/safety issue more than ops right?

Edited by Danrarbc

The reality is the reason none of this happens is the current corporate leadership doesn’t believe in giving this park the kind of budget necessary to make any of that happen.

Considering the recent bankruptcy, I have to agree with corporate leadership. The park is doing fine as-is. They're offering a great value while turning a profit.

The reality is the reason none of this happens is the current corporate leadership doesn’t believe in giving this park the kind of budget necessary to make any of that happen.

Considering the recent bankruptcy, I have to agree with corporate leadership. The park is doing fine as-is. They're offering a great value while turning a profit.

Not to mention some say their financials have red flags now too. It is to be expected for them to be in a lower expenditure mode.

Not to mention some say their financials have red flags now too. It is to be expected for them to be in a lower expenditure mode.

they have been in lower expenditure mode for awhile in STL, with the Justice League as a possible exception. ...maybe 18 years since the Boss

you gotta keep in mind - this is not a destination park, probably never will be.

Expenditures on the order of 10's of millions of dollars are not going to happen at this park.

I would say 5 million would be pushing it HARD. it would simply take way to long to recoup a 10-20 million dollar coaster expense. A large new coaster is practically out of the question. Transfer of another ride from another park maybe.... but a NEW premier coaster will never happen. Even a RMC conversion would not gain as much attendance as you might think since the general public is not as into coasters as many of us...

without a year round full season, the income just isn't there. holiday in the park may have expanded the season somewhat, but not on the level needed to justify the expense of a major new coaster. My suggestion invest in frequent flyer miles to other major parks or move to a more coaster friendly city/environment.

right now basic park upkeep and maintenance and better staff training and implementation would help attendance more than a giant coaster.

its just not a cheap day out anymore for even a local family without passes -- $20.00 to park? and no tram to the gate - can you say cash grab?

Kevin

Single digits front row Batman would probably be worse. Also - they closed Batman? Must have been a guest comfort/safety issue more than ops right?

Ice had started to form on Batman as well as some other rides the rest of the rides simply didn't like the cold.

Kudos to SFSL for finding out how to finally defeat Batman. Now my geek brain is caught up trying to figure out where and how that formed O.O

I wonder what goes through some of these manufacturers heads when they see Six Flags totally ignoring their specs

I kind of figured that would be the case. Since we're having a heat wave today we are going to go to the park from about 4:30 til whenever we can't stand it anymore!

Quick question, I saw that they have chicken noodle soup and chili in bread bowls (under the holiday treats on the web site) Does anyone know which venue is selling that? Josh do you know?

I kind of figured that would be the case. Since we're having a heat wave today we are going to go to the park from about 4:30 til whenever we can't stand it anymore!

Quick question, I saw that they have chicken noodle soup and chili in bread bowls (under the holiday treats on the web site) Does anyone know which venue is selling that? Josh do you know?

I know that 1904 Hot Dog has the soup. Not sure about other locations but I have seen the posters on their windows.

I know that 1904 Hot Dog has the soup. Not sure about other locations but I have seen the posters on their windows.

Great! Thanks

^Have a good time, Kim. I hope the coasters are running. Let us know how it went.

I'll give you all a report tomorrow. IF we don't freeze to death.....Mom much prefers summer to winter but I promised the boy one last visit and all his going to the park friends are out of town. Amazing what we will do for our kids

Today will be the last day of the 2017 season.

To be expected given the temperatures honestly. Slightly disappointing that they aren't extending by a week or something but that is also actually expected given the park has a maintenance schedule to adhere to and there's probably labor issues. I personally would trade a week later opening day for another good HITP weekend - but maybe attendence makes opening day more important.

The app says the coasters Spinsanity Xcalibur and The Joker are not open, is that accurate?

^yes. Coasters are down. Currently in line for one last spin on Justice League for the year. I love HIP, so it’s sad to see it shortened, but it’s been another great experience seeing so many people going the extra mile to make it a great experience for Guests. I’m having a blast out here with family after work. Lots of smiling faces around the park!

Well it was a nice Holiday atmosphere tonight, snowed pretty good around 5:30 for a bit. But no coasters running. Cars, Shazam, JL, Colossus, Joker, Carousel, and a couple rides in Bugs Bunny land....that was it unfortunately. Very light crowd, we pulled in at 4:50 and parked in the first row of regular parking. Lights and shows all going gangbusters though.

We used single rider for JL and so the longest line we were in all night was waiting for a hot chocolate refill at First Cone, about 7 min, lol.

I could tell it was last night as food venues and shops shutting down and running out of things by end of night. We got the last bowl of chicken noodle soup at Fowl Ball (selling it there and at 1904 hot dogs but they closed down by 6) out of apple pies at first cone by 6:45 and getting low on fudge choices by 7:15. Not a complaint by any means...it was last night, light crowd, etc; to be expected. I will say the soup was not bad, not bad at all!

I'm curious that they don't run the train during HITP. Maybe they were running it before Christmas and just not tonight? Does anyone know if it is affected in some way by the temps? Seems like that would be a good ride to run with more than normal grandparents and little kids attending for this event. Good way to see the decorations or maybe add some to the route and/or pipe in the christmas songs.