TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Pete is moving back to Six Flags New England as their park president next season. Six Flags STL will get yet again another new park president. Nothing has been made official to the public yet if the new president will be a promotion of a director in the park now or someone from another park. Corporate is moving many park presidents around in 2018. Dave will not be making a comeback.

It hasn't been announced publicly by the company yet but a Senior Vice President in corporate retired. The Park President of Magic Mountain got promoted to the Senior VP spot. The Great Adventure Park President is moving to Magic Mountain. The New England Park President is moving to Great Adventure. The St. Louis Park President is moving to New England. The La Ronde Park President is moving to St. Louis. An associate in finance was promoted to park president of La Ronde. Changes officially take place January 1st

*None of this has been announced publicly so this is all speculation. However, I trust my source I heard this from.

It hasn't been announced publicly by the company yet but a Senior Vice President in corporate retired. The Park President of Magic Mountain got promoted to the Senior VP spot. The Great Adventure Park President is moving to Magic Mountain. The New England Park President is moving to Great Adventure. The St. Louis Park President is moving to New England. The La Ronde Park President is moving to St. Louis. An associate in finance was promoted to park president of La Ronde. Changes officially take place January 1st

*None of this has been announced publicly so this is all speculation. However, I trust my source I heard this from.

Bingo.

I was thinking about it today and I don't think 2019 will be our year for new steel, either. We'll probably get something in Highland Fling's spot.

It WILL happen eventually. I just have no clue when. Worst case S&S Free Spin, best case RMC Raptor.

I don't think Park President's really have that much influence on what new attractions a park gets. SFSTL will always be SFSTL no matter who's in charge.

The only thing that could change the park's ride roadmap at this point is a change in the ownership structure to be more like over Texas or Over Georgia. And I don't see that happening.

I'm hoping this means a return to legit bands in lieu of the religious knockoffs they've had for years. It's been a while, but the park used to have good concerts.

amen brother - well said

worked load in and out for quite a few in my hey day there in ops......

great times mid 80's

Kevin

I was thinking about it today and I don't think 2019 will be our year for new steel, either. We'll probably get something in Highland Fling's spot.

It WILL happen eventually. I just have no clue when. Worst case S&S Free Spin, best case RMC Raptor.

Assuming Highland Fling is leaving, the logical thing to take it's place would be another flat of some kind. You may well receive an ABC Tourbillion ride, or possibly a Zamperla Endeavor like the Catwoman Whip at SFOT. The Texas park is, so far, the only park in the SF chain to have received one. SFSTL could be the next.

Edited by Sportsdude360

I don't think Park President's really have that much influence on what new attractions a park gets. SFSTL will always be SFSTL no matter who's in charge.

The only thing that could change the park's ride roadmap at this point is a change in the ownership structure to be more like over Texas or Over Georgia. And I don't see that happening.

It would be nice, but we don't have the population that Dallas/Fort Worth and Atlanta have.

Assuming Highland Fling is leaving, the logical thing to take it's place would be another flat of some kind. You may well receive an ABC Tourbillion ride, or possibly a Zamperla Endeavor like the Catwoman Whip at SFOT. The Texas park is, so far, the only park in the SF chain to have received one. SFSTL could be the next.

I'm pretty sure Highland Fling has already been removed, hasn't it?

Yeah, I think 2019 is going to be the replacement for it as that only makes sense to fill in that spot. The Endeavor would be an obvious choice, but, if it can fit, I'd like to see the Tourbillion.

I'm really interested to see how the Raptor performs this year. If it proves to be a success I see all the parks in the chain getting them eventually.

It would be nice, but we don't have the population that Dallas/Fort Worth and Atlanta have.

But we DO have metro populations larger than SFNE and SFFT and they get WAY better stuff than us. We just have to accept the fact that our park is primarily a season pass park and as long as the numbers show that that works and the crowds are happy, we won't ever see a larger CUSTOM steel coaster.

It also can be related to competition. Six Flags New England has Lake Compounce just a short drive away. Six Flags Fiesta Texas has SeaWorld just 20 minutes away. If a nearby park adds something, the logical response is to fire back and add something else.

Isn't Six Flags St. Louis the only big park within a 3 hour driving radius?

It also can be related to competition. Six Flags New England has Lake Compounce just a short drive away. Six Flags Fiesta Texas has SeaWorld just 20 minutes away. If a nearby park adds something, the logical response is to fire back and add something else.

Isn't Six Flags St. Louis the only big park within a 3 hour driving radius?

That may have partial reasoning, but those SF parks' competition are different markets and different style parks altogether. Seaworld can not be compared to a SF or CF park and Lake Compounce is more of a family style park. What it comes down to is corporate doesn't see the need to add to a park where over 90% of the attendance is local and are happy. If SFSTL was more of a destination park, then yes, they would have to add more custom and stand out rides to keep the crowds returning.

The 3 closest parks are all about exactly 3 hours away, SDC, WoF, and HW