TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Just completed a beverage survey sent by Six Flags. Some of the questions were a bit... odd... and unrelated, IMO, such as the one asking if I would rate my physical attractiveness from 1-10. I understand the need for personal metrics in these surveys but I've never been asked questions quite like that before.

I took the same survey and I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the question actually asked your physical activeness from 1-10, not attractiveness

tumblr_inline_nreovg9Hzq1s07rxz_500.gif.5dcc008b081ee02fe95da573bf810981.gif

Planning a trip out to Sf St. Louis next Sunday the 15th. Any helpful advice? It's my second time since 2005. We have SF Gold passes.

- Is there early entry for Gold Passholders?

- Any low capacity VR rides I should consider hopping on first?

- Does American Thunder have padded seats or rubber seats?

Planning a trip out to Sf St. Louis next Sunday the 15th. Any helpful advice? It's my second time since 2005. We have SF Gold passes.

- Is there early entry for Gold Passholders?

- Any low capacity VR rides I should consider hopping on first?

- Does American Thunder have padded seats or rubber seats?

- Yes, It's either Hurricane Harbor entry or the Picnic area entry

- Six Flags got rid of their VR rides back in June

- The seats are padded

Advice: If you like dark rides, then you should head over to Justice League first thing. Also avoid Ninja, it's a trap!

IMG_2454.thumb.JPG.61fed4bfd80ac244e2748e832cd24fa2.JPG

Just completed a beverage survey sent by Six Flags. Some of the questions were a bit... odd... and unrelated, IMO, such as the one asking if I would rate my physical attractiveness from 1-10. I understand the need for personal metrics in these surveys but I've never been asked questions quite like that before.

I took the same survey and I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the question actually asked your physical activeness from 1-10, not attractiveness, because the whole thing's about seeing what people drink and how healthy they are, and how they use the Drink Bottle system so they can see how they can improve the system and/or possibly expanding their selection of healthy drink options. The information they get from surveys doesn't include e-mails and they don't see who submits them so they wouldn't need to know something personal like that because it doesn't really have nothing to do with what they were surveying for.

Dramatically increasing the number of fountains available for refills has already been a need at pretty much all of the parks (although Over Texas has a ton more food locations than SFSL from what could figure out, even if most are smaller stands it meant they have a lot of smaller lines).

If they want to expand the healthy drink options then a reasonable suggestion can be massive expansion of the Coke Freestyle machines - as of right now it is pretty much the only way to get anything resembling healthy in the sports bottles. There are only 7 of the machines in the park total, they rarely turn two of them on. The others are essentially in the two largest restaurants in the park. Those need to be in every larger food location and they could strategically install another couple of groups of them in other areas for self-service. These also need to be refilled with new supplies more often than they are now. I mean they could also offer some lemonade & water dispensers or something instead of Freestyle – but those maybe need babysitting to keep them clean and topped up more than a Freestyle does.

^ Yep. I'm becoming less tolerant of foods that have side effects, and the biggest culprit is sugar. I've done my best to avoid caffeine and such, but a couple of weeks ago really became interested in limiting sugar as much as possible. The negative health effects of sugar are way worse than just about everything else out there. Water is just the best thing you can possibly drink. I know places want to sell sugary drinks because they're profitable, and sometimes I feel bad asking for water because it makes me seem cheap, but if water is what I really want, then that's what I'm getting.

^Amen to that. Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners alike are just terrible for you. Admittedly, I use park days as cheat days, so I usually do treat myself to a fountain Coke or Pepsi. Oddly enough, it takes away any headache I get from riding rides early on.

Oddly enough, it takes away any headache I get from riding rides early on.

Caffeine is helpful for headaches because it helps to expand or contract blood vessels, can't remember which. And I believe that's why you get caffeine withdrawal headaches if you are a heavy user and stop cold turkey. It is so effective that it's one of the ingredients in Excedrin, the headache medicine.

^The odd part is that a strong cup of coffee won't even do the trick, but a soda will.

All this talk about how bad pop is for you is scaring me considering the amount I drink lol

The scary part is watching what happens to your body when you stop drinking it. I had withdrawals including brain fog, constant headaches, and very restless sleep. I used to drink at least 40 oz of Diet Mt. Dew per day. It took years before I stopped having the occasional dream of chugging soda/pop.

^ Yep. I'm becoming less tolerant of foods that have side effects, and the biggest culprit is sugar. I've done my best to avoid caffeine and such, but a couple of weeks ago really became interested in limiting sugar as much as possible. The negative health effects of sugar are way worse than just about everything else out there. Water is just the best thing you can possibly drink. I know places want to sell sugary drinks because they're profitable, and sometimes I feel bad asking for water because it makes me seem cheap, but if water is what I really want, then that's what I'm getting.

Same. If it ain't beer or water, I don't want it. (Though I did take advantage of free Mountain Dew @ Compounce... just because.)

^Amen to that. Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners alike are just terrible for you. Admittedly, I use park days as cheat days, so I usually do treat myself to a fountain Coke or Pepsi. Oddly enough, it takes away any headache I get from riding rides early on.

A pre-park ritual I have is munching down a few Advils before I even go in. Also always take tums since I get bad heartburn after eating sometimes and you don't wanna have that when being flipped outside down and whatnot.

Sugary drinks at parks is doublebad not just because of how awful they are for you due to the sugar but they also actually dehydrate the hell out of you. Out in the sun + drinking soda all day is just asking to feel crappy.

^Trust me, I'm always Ibuprofened up and I take a zantac or two to prevent any indigestion from not being used to eating/drinking like crap throughout the day. However, there's just nothing that takes away that initial headache after a few rides like a nice cold soda with ice. Granted, I don't gulp down a full large soda by myself. Usually Emily and I will split a Medium with plenty of ice. It makes my headaches or any potential for later headaches nonexistent.

I haven't had any caffeine in about 4 years. I gave it up for Lent one year and just never picked it back up. I have never been a big soda drinker anyways. I have the occasional tea, and I pretty much only go half sweet/half unsweet and beer. One thing that a lot of people don't realize is how much better you feel when you stay hydrated. It really is a must at a park, especially if you are staying all day.

Advice: If you like dark rides, then you should head over to Justice League first thing. Also avoid Ninja, it's a trap!

Why do you say Ninja is a trap? Just because you don't like it, or is there something else I should be aware of? I rode it in the past, it was okay I guess, I don't remember anything about it.

Why do you say Ninja is a trap? Just because you don't like it, or is there something else I should be aware of? I rode it in the past, it was okay I guess, I don't remember anything about it.

That's the brain trauma. You can't remember the traumatic experience.

We kid mostly. It's just not a compelling layout. Add to that the lack of a real overhaul and the outdated trains and yeah it isn't really worth the headbanging that can happen.

Just got back from my first visit to SFSL in about two years. Wondering why we decided to buy season passes again.

Here's a few of my highlights:

Justice League CLOSED(only ride the wife really wanted to ride)

Two hour window to use dining pass for Dinner and Snack. That's a lot of food to consume in two hours, let alone wait in line for.

Love at First Fright-Worst I've seen in forever. Singing is awful, new songs are awful, and LAFF is usually a highlight of a Fright Fest visit for us.

Skyscreamer-best lighting package in the whole park, NO LIGHTS!!

Took a train ride, sat in the station for almost 20 minutes.

Not too mention all the typical hoosiers and roaming teenagers.

I guess I'm just becoming an old grouch. Kinda wished I would have saved money on season and dining passes just for a weekend at SDC.

^The odd part is that a strong cup of coffee won't even do the trick, but a soda will.

All this talk about how bad pop is for you is scaring me considering the amount I drink lol

The scary part is watching what happens to your body when you stop drinking it. I had withdrawals including brain fog, constant headaches, and very restless sleep. I used to drink at least 40 oz of Diet Mt. Dew per day. It took years before I stopped having the occasional dream of chugging soda/pop.

I'm definitely a victim of the headaches... I really need to start slowing down my pop consumption

Just got back from my first visit to SFSL in about two years. Wondering why we decided to buy season passes again.

Here's a few of my highlights:

Justice League CLOSED(only ride the wife really wanted to ride)

Two hour window to use dining pass for Dinner and Snack. That's a lot of food to consume in two hours, let alone wait in line for.

Love at First Fright-Worst I've seen in forever. Singing is awful, new songs are awful, and LAFF is usually a highlight of a Fright Fest visit for us.

Skyscreamer-best lighting package in the whole park, NO LIGHTS!!

Took a train ride, sat in the station for almost 20 minutes.

Not too mention all the typical hoosiers and roaming teenagers.

I guess I'm just becoming an old grouch. Kinda wished I would have saved money on season and dining passes just for a weekend at SDC.

We went the first weekend, good to know LAFF has made no improvements. I haven't been to that show since probably 10 years ago and I never remember it being that bad.

Frighfest is pretty lackluster this year, more paid attraction, less environmental details but I can say we didnt have nearly as bad of luck with rides as you did.

We attended an ACE event at the park this past Saturday. Great 2 hours of ert on Thunder, Freeze, Eagle and Boss. Got Haunted House passes and a nice buffet back in the picnic grove. There were several groups back there so they also had some scareactors ready to go early and they made the rounds of the pavilions while we were eating. Did get to do something we've never done before.....won a raffle to ride the train with the freaks when they come out for the nighttime activities. We felt kind of special coming in with the monsters!

Crowds were heavy as you would expect for FF but not the insane 2 hour waits that I have seen as you get closer to Halloween. The main show in the Palace theater was typical theme park quality but a fun spoof of Rocky Horror. Honestly, if you are looking for the show to blow you away you will always be disappointed, but it had a lot of cute jokes and we just rolled with it and didn't worry a whole lot about the quality of the singing. Embracing the cheesiness is the only way to go!

IMAG0021.thumb.jpg.5ef6f9ed9611470f94fa0734fa65221f.jpg

Just as the train was pulling out. This zombie moved in quick which is why my son is on the verge of cracking up

Frighfest is pretty lackluster this year, more paid attraction, less environmental details but I can say we didnt have nearly as bad of luck with rides as you did.

I don't know if you have been to the event in years or whatever but just for the record on this thread, there are no new paid attractions this year. As someone who's been going for a long time I disagree with the lower environmental detail, I think the detail in some of the Scare Zones this year is the best it's been in a long time. As for LAFF, I think they wanted to try something new this year and last year and as a result they've switched a few of the songs and added new ones, I like the concert segment with Crazy Train but the main problem with the show was the audio levels were really messed up on my visit, some of the singing was just completely clipping their microphones and for that it was one of the lowest-quality showings I've been to, it's not a bad show per say, I think they just haven't found a balance with the new songs.

Also, I don't know whether it was guests who caused this or a broken pipe but there was a pretty nasty leak in Chouteau's Market near Spinsanity on Saturday that caused that part of the park to be inaccessible for a little while, luckily they cleaned it up fast but the smell was awful and we were glad it didn't get worse.

Indeed the area near Spinsanity smelled like an unflushed toilet.

And yes it actually appears that a paid haunted house is missing this year. The hayride. Were the haunted passes actually $27 last year too? I don't remember that price.

Indeed the area near Spinsanity smelled like an unflushed toilet.

And yes it actually appears that a paid haunted house is missing this year. The hayride. Were the haunted passes actually $27 last year too? I don't remember that price.

I don't think so, but as for the hayride I don't think that they'll ever be doing another one due to the land east of the park that's being developed. I hope that's not the case but it seems that way considering this is the first year in a long time we haven't had one. The Slaughter House's entrance was moved up the hill and now enters an entirely different direction than it has since it was introduced in 2010 so I'm guessing that means a much-needed layout change, if the haunts have improved a lot this year then I guess that justifies raising the price even when one got kicked off the roster.

We ran into the stinky mess by Spinsanity too, It seemed more like a sewer backup to me.

Personally, I'm ok with them getting rid of the hayride if it frees up more scare actors for other venues. I've always loved the idea behind Camp Killamore but thought they needed more people and there did seem to be more this year. It's really hard to make the hayride more than just a dark ride through the woods unless you have a lot of people along the route, which they never did. Would rather they have one less haunt and the others be more intense with more people.