TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm going to say it will be one of two things. Either a free spin or a water coaster. If it ends up being something else I will be surprised.

Well, I was wrong with my speculation! But I'm happy about this addition! That slide looks like a lot of fun! And I love how vibrant it will be! I do wish it didn't have to replace an existing structure, but either way it is a welcome addition!

EDIT: Apologies for all of those exclamation marks lol

I guess it is confirmed that this new slide will replace the speed slides? If it was just the slide troughs/tubes in bad shape and the rest of the tower and water delivery system was fine, it seems like it would be fairly cost effective just to replace the actual troughs/tubes on the speed slides. Then again I know very little about slides and haven't been to HH since probably 2000. Just something I had thought of since the slide/water coaster discussion started a couple months ago.

Either way this slide looks really cool and I'm sure it will be a big hit with the water park patrons. I may even have to try it out!

In reference to the new slide, most of the responses I saw from the mouth breathers of Facebook.com seemed positive.

Sitting in the back of the Eagle on a cool evening at dusk is the best ride in the park, I won't be told any different!

Although I prefer a tamer ride on the Eagle, choosing the front car or non wheel seat in the middle, I agree the ride is fantastic. I have never much appreciated this ride until this season. Now, I love almost everything about it, except for the run down station and queue.

The Screamin' Eagle's station- junk on the roof, slasher flick lighting, musty wood and all - is part of the appeal to me. It makes me instantly nostalgic. I really wish it could operate during Holiday in the Park as the turnaround on the lift hill would be a great view with the park lit up.

They could probably expand the station and keep much of the structure if they really wanted to. Remove the last ramp and then double back the other direction, then you have the space where that ramp was to extend the platform.

Little late for a change like this though.

Are we sure Eagle can't run in HITP temps or did they just want to plan for a smaller workforce last year?

I always felt that the roof of The Boss' station and electronics building by the queue are worse than the Screaming Eagle. But at least they did build that fence to stop some of it. There is probably enough money on that roof to build our hyper lol

They could probably expand the station and keep much of the structure if they really wanted to. Remove the last ramp and then double back the other direction, then you have the space where that ramp was to extend the platform.

Are we sure Eagle can't run in HITP temps or did they just want to plan for a smaller workforce last year?

Here's why they won't ever expand the station: Screamin' Eagle is the only coaster with zero handicapped accesible access. It's grandfathered in due to its age. However, if they do any construction to it, they would be required to also make it meet ADA standards.

Although it'd be nice to finally get to ride it again, I know it'll never happen.

Here's why they won't ever expand the station: Screamin' Eagle is the only coaster with zero handicapped accesible access. It's grandfathered in due to its age. However, if they do any construction to it, they would be required to also make it meet ADA standards.

Although it'd be nice to finally get to ride it again, I know it'll never happen.

I'd imagine if they'd be going through the effort of expanding the platform they wouldn't be worried about the cost of making the exit comply with ADA guidelines

Just for clarification, I don't think the layout of Eagle's queue needs to be completely resigned for the minor inconvenience of congestion near the front row. Let's not get crazy... Power washing, paint, roofing, and lighting will do wonders. I wouldn't even complain about the not so great queue entrance with the aforementioned changes.

Just for clarification, I don't think the layout of Eagle's queue needs to be completely resigned for the minor inconvenience of congestion near the front row. Let's not get crazy... Power washing, paint, roofing, and lighting will do wonders. I wouldn't even complain about the not so great queue entrance with the aforementioned changes.