TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I have a question and I hope its not too convoluted -

coming up this weekend is supposed to be the best deal on seasons passes all year, particularly for current season pass holders. is it really though? They have sales and specials all season long ( Easter, mothers day, fathers day, memorial day, fourth july) has anyone compared the prices to the "big sale" for passholders? in reality if you visit more than 3 times a year a pass is almost a no brainer, but is this sale better than all the rest really?

I am considering NOT renewing my pass next year and going to SDC with a pass instead. if the price is right I might be able to swing both. From my records I think it is but I am not sure. I have made purchases of passes when this sale was not going on and they were higher in both cases for Identical benefits. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Thanks

Kevin

I have a question and I hope its not too convoluted -

coming up this weekend is supposed to be the best deal on seasons passes all year, particularly for current season pass holders. is it really though? They have sales and specials all season long ( Easter, mothers day, fathers day, memorial day, fourth july) has anyone compared the prices to the "big sale" for passholders? in reality if you visit more than 3 times a year a pass is almost a no brainer, but is this sale better than all the rest really?

I am considering NOT renewing my pass next year and going to SDC with a pass instead. if the price is right I might be able to swing both. From my records I think it is but I am not sure. I have made purchases of passes when this sale was not going on and they were higher in both cases for Identical benefits. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Thanks

Kevin

The biggest difference is that you can only buy one pass if you want, where all the other specials, you have to buy multiple passes. My pass last year was $60, which ended up being a free Gold upgrade, aka, free parking. Season parking pass is $75, where daily is $25.

I paid 60 for gold pass last year on this sale like aaronmb. I never saw a better deal unless you wanted the "Batman" edition pass(which the perks included ert events for Batman passholders) for like 65-70 if I remember correctly. I paid pretty close attention and this sale was cheapest for a gold pass.

Holy crap, no one will believe what we're getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..............something that won't open for the first 3 months of the season, long waits, down times, and nothing but the feeling of emptiness and sadness and waste of 2 minutes of your life

But seriously, I think many will be happy, I think its going to be a wonderful and much needed addition

..............something that won't open for the first 3 months of the season, long waits, down times, and nothing but the feeling of emptiness and sadness and waste of 2 minutes of your life

We're getting a second Justice League?

(I jest)

But seriously, I think many will be happy, I think its going to be a wonderful and much needed addition

Let me guess. Is this referring to the Huss Top Spin that's being removed from SFGA?

Edited by Sportsdude360

I paid 60 for gold pass last year on this sale like aaronmb. I never saw a better deal unless you wanted the "Batman" edition pass(which the perks included ert events for Batman passholders) for like 65-70 if I remember correctly. I paid pretty close attention and this sale was cheapest for a gold pass.

thanks guys - I think that was my rate as well, I added the deluxe meal plan as well and I don't have the paperwork anymore so I can't split it out and see the cost of each. it looks as though the price of the deluxe meal plan has gone up. but again I am not certain. I do think there are upgrade discounts though. not sure however...

thanks again

Kevin

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

Robb,

Thanks so much for your effort on announcements like this. I'm sorry it's necessary to have a rule like this every time, but I want you to know it's appreciated. The writeups you do on the announcements are always high quality, and for that reason I generally don't bother to go anywhere else. Looking forward to tomorrow!

How do you know? Do you work at the park?

I hope he's right. A Free Spin would be a badass addition to the park. I mean, a water coaster would as well, but not being a waterpark guy I'd dig the S&S more.

Would MUCH rather wait on a new "coaster" (if you even call the Free Spinny Loopy a coaster) and let SFStL get pegged for a new RMC Raptor with a rolling station and plop it over Tidal Waves area with some rock and semi-theming......give us the water park thing now, let RMC tweak some Raptor stuff and mass produce to SF parks who never get coasters. Steel and coaster at SFStL would make this thread explode...

I hope he's right. A Free Spin would be a badass addition to the park. I mean, a water coaster would as well, but not being a waterpark guy I'd dig the S&S more.

Would MUCH rather wait on a new "coaster" (if you even call the Free Spinny Loopy a coaster) and let SFStL get pegged for a new RMC Raptor with a rolling station and plop it over Tidal Waves area with some rock and semi-theming......give us the water park thing now, let RMC tweak some Raptor stuff and mass produce to SF parks who never get coasters. Steel and coaster at SFStL would make this thread explode...

I'd rather that as well, but if the Raptor proves to be successful I think all parks in the chain will eventually get one, regardless of whatever comes in this year.

Regardless, I'm excited for tomorrow.

Even in the SFSTL.net days, we've all been saying we'd rather get a small addition this year so that something big can come in a year or two. The problem is, we've been saying that for ten years. 'Something big next year' has yet to come, despite continuous small scale additions. Although it's possible that we could get a small scale addition for something big to come next year, it's almost toxic to even think like that. It sets you up to be salty and jaded, like me.

I think that is the wrong way to think, because that's just not how they operate. They don't get something small this year so they can save up for next year. They always buy the cheapest thing that is going to bring in guests. Even if they had the money to get something big, if there's something cheaper they could add instead, they're going to do that. I think it's about time we all accept that really great small additions are the best we can reasonably hope for.

Well said, Andrew. Now I'm just waiting for someone to reignite the "Six Flags needs to build more roller coasters to keep up with the competition" argument.

I think that is the wrong way to think, because that's just not how they operate. They don't get something small this year so they can save up for next year. They always buy the cheapest thing that is going to bring in guests. Even if they had the money to get something big, if there's something cheaper they could add instead, they're going to do that. I think it's about time we all accept that really great small additions are the best we can reasonably hope for.

I agree completely - SFSL is not a destination park, its an add-on attraction to an area visit- or pass thru on the way southwest to SDC. We just all need to accept that.

An 8 digit coaster will never be built here. low 7's maybe. I suspect you will never even see a $5 million coaster in this park again.

my 2 cents, probably wrong

Kevin

That's a really enthusiasty way of seeing it. No, Six Flags St. Louis is for St. Louis. They don't expect anyone not from the city to be there, and they don't expect anyone from the city to go anywhere else. The forty or so enthusiasts who drop by in a given year don't change this expectation.

Kevin, I believe we will see another mid scale attraction between 10-15 million, but similarly to what Andrew said, it won't come until it makes the most financial sense to build it. I firmly believe it will also come with the removal of a large attraction.

Kevin, I believe we will see another mid scale attraction between 10-15 million, but similarly to what Andrew said, it won't come until it makes the most financial sense to build it. I firmly believe it will also come with the removal of a large attraction.

well the economy could loosen up and get a lot better and that time may come sooner, but its gotta be tough to outlay for a $15 million attraction, for a park that might take 5-10 years to recoup that. You could put it in magic mountain and get it back in 2-3 years.

up to four cents....

Kevin

^Now that Emily and I have grown oddly fond of Screamin Eagle this season, I'm almost certain the trains will be turned permanently backwards or it will be ruined by RMC... If Josh is ever lucky enough to have any say, he will probably do something like this just to spite me.

well the economy could loosen up and get a lot better and that time may come sooner, but its gotta be tough to outlay for a $15 million attraction, for a park that might take 5-10 years to recoup that. You could put it in magic mountain and get it back in 2-3 years.

up to four cents....

Kevin

That's a fair argument, but I would imagine SFSTL lives and breathes off of the calculations of long term investments, as opposed to Magic Mountain. It seemingly has to make sense at some point to build another mid level roller coaster. As for now, I'm perfectly content with the park being more event oriented for season pass holders. Late night Fridays and Holiday in the Park events were a hit with us. I can't comment on Mardi Gras, because we didn't attend and had no interest to do so. I'd really enjoy some kind of Food Truck, Food Festival/Craft Brew event. With St. Louis being kind of an up and coming BBQ destination it would be neat to see some type of BBQ and Brew festival, like Carowinds has.

As long as the large attraction that's removed is Ninja, that's okay by me.

You read my mind.