TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I was at the park today. It was packed. It was mostly a good day other than dealing with other peoples stupid behavior such as the girl who held her phone up the entire ride cycle a few rows ahead of me on The Boss! I spent a little time in the water park. I haven't ridden Tornado is years and I forgot how intense that slide can be! I noticed that Boomerang has already faded pretty badly. Oh, and the speed slides were closed, so theres a little more fuel to that rumor.

Note: This is my first ever trip report and was typed on my phone.

For the last 2 days, I went to the park for the first time. The park looked fine, although people seemed to love throwing necklaces onto the roofs for some reason. I rode every coaster except Boomerang because I don't ride Boomerangs with standard trains, all the water rides in the dry park, Xcalibur, Spinsanity, and Justice League. Lines ranged from 10 or so minutes to 1 hour.

Flat rides:

Spinsanity: Felt like a standard Disk'O. Pretty average.

Tidal Wave: Generic shoot-the-chutes. Wouldn't care if it got wiped out.

Tsunami Soaker: Boring ride, but fun game where you can spray everyone.

Thunder River: Slightly below average rapids ride, the waterfall might have made it a little better.

Log Flume: Below average flume, big drop wasn't that big, a little bumpy, but I liked the shallow "drop."

Justice League: Very fun dark ride, probably the best shooting darkride I've ridden.

Xcalibur: Very fun and unique thrill ride. Not for those with a weak stomach.

Coasters:

Mine Train: Okay mine train, little bit rough, tunnel at the end was kinda neat, but just average.

Pandemonium: Okay spinning coaster, nothing special.

Screamin Eagle: Decent '70s John Allen woodie. Good airtime, decently fast, little rough.

Mr. Freeze: Awesome Premier Shuttle Coaster. Nice hangtime and decent launch.

American Thunder: Great GCI, better in the back, probably my favorite at the park.

Batman: Mirrored Batman Clone, mostly smooth, forceful

Good compared to other clones:

-The station is not an oven

Bad compared to other clones:

-The walk to the station is long

-A bit of snappy transitions in the 2nd half.

Bruce Springsteen the ride: Rough in a bad way, bad ride, good for GCI or RMC to fix

Ninja:

Okay, here comes my most unexpected opinion.

I found Ninja...

tolerable.

HOLY CRAP HOW HAVE THE STARS ALIGNED IN SUCH A WAY THAT I SHOULD TOLERATE A RIDE NOTORIOUS FOR BEING GOD AWFUL.

I went into the ride knowing of its infamous reputation.

Of course, being vertically challenged, my head was above the harness.

I was also in the front, which probably helped a bit.

Even still, I'm surprised with how forgiving the transitions were.

I also might have been subconciously bracing and I can remember one moment where my neck went from one end of the restraint to the other, but it was still only slightly below average.

Glad you enjoyed Ninja, you may be one of the very few who do. Sorry Springsteen treated you like a rider on a downbound train. Pretty much all your other opinions are spot on how I feel. Glad you had a good time at the park. Freeze, Batman and Thunder are all fantastic coasters, and it's hard not to have a good time here.

^ I'm pretty sure the water fall is permanently discontinued. Which is why they painted the mural on the wall behind it before the beginning of last season.

They had it working earlier this year. But there was a few hours downtime a few weeks back, for the entire ride, and now it is completely gone. Somewhat safe to assume pieces started falling of.

I do agree the ride needs TLC. They have already fixed the water cannons.

I noticed during my trip on Sunday that the pond at the top of the waterfall had been redone this year. Also the removal of the edge looked very clean, like they are planning on replacing it. (The cuts were straight and the ledge was ground flat.) A replacement probably won't be seen till next year, since concert work takes time.

here are some photos from 7/31

I am guessing its all over for the waterfall

my 2 cents

Kevin

and I saw

WELCOME THEME PARK REVIEW on the Park Marquee today....

DSC00184.thumb.JPG.4e68293f246b305ec30b333e3e6d3447.JPG

DSC00185.thumb.JPG.64d3eeec159cc5023b5084ccf998b002.JPG

DSC00186.thumb.JPG.c12edd1423f6305dc69023ff09946374.JPG

DSC00187.thumb.JPG.6a3eb02b901f3e118633f77223c0ed90.JPG

^ I'm pretty sure the water fall is permanently discontinued. Which is why they painted the mural on the wall behind it before the beginning of last season.

They had it working earlier this year. But there was a few hours downtime a few weeks back, for the entire ride, and now it is completely gone. Somewhat safe to assume pieces started falling of.

I do agree the ride needs TLC. They have already fixed the water cannons.

I noticed during my trip on Sunday that the pond at the top of the waterfall had been redone this year. Also the removal of the edge looked very clean, like they are planning on replacing it. (The cuts were straight and the ledge was ground flat.) A replacement probably won't be seen till next year, since concert work takes time.

here are some photos from 7/31

I am guessing its all over for the waterfall

my 2 cents

Kevin

and I saw

WELCOME THEME PARK REVIEW on the Park Marquee today....

That proves nothing, that edge is plenty straight enough for a replacement edge to be added. Plus they clearly did a lot of work to the pond in the off season. The pond actually sits level now and doesn't have a small tree growing in it. The waterfall will return, later.

wasn't trying to prove anything ---- just thought the pics might be interesting and offered an opinion....... time will tell

Kevin

I personally don't think it is returning. But I could be proven wrong. We will see.

EDIT: But just to add, I don't really understand why it is that big of a deal anyway. The water fall was just a skye out affect and didn't actually get you wet. So other than aesthetics, there is no difference in the ride.

That TR is pretty much how I feel about everything, although I like Eagle a little more. The back of Thunder is the best ride in the park. Ninja is completely tolerable in a park where the Boss exists. I've been in hockey fights where I felt better afterwords than riding Boss, and that's no exaggeration. After the ride I took early summer where it felt like my cranium was trying to detach from my neck, I've finally submitted and won't be on it again barring some kind of overhaul. The terrain is so great that I really want to love it, but yeesh.

I was wondering since I was seeing employees walking in and out with food, what's going on with the Primo's Pizzeria in Illinois? It's been closed for the whole season, and it seems like they want to convert it to something else but there's been no news of any kind regarding what's happening with it.

I was wondering since I was seeing employees walking in and out with food, what's going on with the Primo's Pizzeria in Illinois? It's been closed for the whole season, and it seems like they want to convert it to something else but there's been no news of any kind regarding what's happening with it.

I think I've seen it open once or twice this year. I would definitely like to see something else there though, the pizza's not great. One location is enough. I'd like to see the Cajun food have a permanent home, that was pretty good.

I don't know if they'd do it, but I think a Superman themed restaurant would be pretty cool based on what they did with the ones at the Metropolis area at Six Flags Magic Mountain, plus if it had some sort of meet-and-greet with Superman, it'd definitely pull crowds in.

I think a Superman themed restaurant would be pretty cool based on what they did with the ones at the Metropolis area at Six Flags Magic Mountain, plus if it had some sort of meet-and-greet with Superman

Nothing like eating a hero sandwich while meeting a hero!

For real, Six Flags needs to have more DC Meets. Superman & Supergirl meet at SFMM, bring them to other parks!

I don't know if they'd do it, but I think a Superman themed restaurant would be pretty cool based on what they did with the ones at the Metropolis area at Six Flags Magic Mountain, plus if it had some sort of meet-and-greet with Superman, it'd definitely pull crowds in.

The Deli Planet. Superman-themed deli.

Was at the park today, almost everything was a walk on except for a few rides, but they had little to no wait. Spinsanity was down the whole day, but other than that, I had a really good time. Even saw Pete walking around for the first time.

No it wasn't. We were there yesterday and saw it running, but never made it onto it.

Yesterday was my first time ever at the park, and I was pleasantly surprised with it. I went in with extremely low expectations and thought the park was a lot nicer than people reported it to be. It's my 7th Six Flags park.

A few comments:

Ninja: never again. It hurt my neck so bad that I had a headache for a long time after riding it.

Boss: we rode in the back for 6 rides and I don't know what you all are saying with it being too rough. It certainly wasn't smooth but we enjoyed ourselves. My biggest complaint with the ride is the slow bits around some of the curves that really kill the pacing. I'm also not a huge fan of the super long helix at the end. I'd still say it's my favorite coaster in the park with Mr. Freeze being another close favorite.

I do feel this park really needs a marquee coaster as it's been a while since they got any new coasters and almost all the other Six Flags parks have RMCs and/or Blow-you-away Intamins.

Speaking of the food, we had a dining pass and when it started pouring rain at 6pm, we went to get food at one of two places that specifically sold vegetarian burgers on the dining pass. It was closed, so we ran through the rain to go to another place that had them, just to find that closed as well. The park closes at 8 and dining pass is supposed to go to 7:30, but they close two major food locations at 6? Not to mention two that offered vegetarian alternatives.

I'll post a few of my photos but not all since everyone should check out Robb's superior photos.

IMG_6299.thumb.JPG.dbadd217d8618958ade5313a71fe3149.JPG

Rainbow after the heavens poured out

IMG_6305.thumb.JPG.bb90a9af26c2d3f6eed916a2755966ac.JPG

Ended the night here, a very smooth (and somewhat boring) coaster after riding Boss so many times!

IMG_6307.thumb.JPG.c8cc82fab6a74cbde2245818f66e45c9.JPG

This is his favorite and now I love it too! (Though not quite as much).

IMG_6308.thumb.JPG.81ba6df97d006c663fd23739ab23a6c1.JPG

Helix helix helix helix helix helix airtime brakes!

IMG_6230.thumb.JPG.eee4660f14a1fc0ee3caa2691bd967db.JPG

NEVER AGAIN

IMG_6258.thumb.JPG.8366574a1de9a2ba79ba36d27df2035c.JPG

This was really fun!

Nice pics!! I agree, SFSTL is in desperate need of something besides flats.

I think we all agree on that. Not to beat a very dead horse, but a hyper extending into the hayride area with the station in the Ninja location would work just fine. We have enough coasters, just add another good one at the expense of an existing one.

Pipe dreams

We also need flats though. At least that is happening

Seeing that Six Flags Fiesta is getting the first RMC Raptor and the fact it's going to be replacing a Tidal Wave like "Shoot the Chutes" ride gives me great hope we will land one of those clones eventually. That thing looks sick (holy shit that first drop will be airtime city) and given the footprint, if successful I bet they will be making their way into all the parks eventually. Batman 2.0.

Seeing that Six Flags Fiesta is getting the first RMC Raptor and the fact it's going to be replacing a Tidal Wave like "Shoot the Chutes" ride gives me great hope we will land one of those clones eventually. That thing looks sick (holy shit that first drop will be airtime city) and given the footprint, if successful I bet they will be making their way into all the parks eventually. Batman 2.0.

That would be fantastic! And, it would bring much needed, new, life to to the Tidal Wave area back of the park. Rip out TW, add a Raptor, a couple shops/restaurant and boom...whole new area! Man, what a great idea...