TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

that tidal wave corner is a tough corner for any attraction as it is out of the way and not a throughway to anywhere

- way back in my day they had the old haunted house there and the road to hurricane harbor was not there - it was a corner attraction on the way up the hill to the eagle and bumper cars. (#oldmanrant). they could move it to a new location in the park and put something bigger there. its not a super huge space hog....

Kevin

Is that what that ramp came from? God, I think I've been trying to figure that question out since I was three. I think that might be the biggest mystery of my childhood.

Do you mean the wooden ramp they use to load the haunted hayride? I don't think so. I don't remember the ramp being a part of the old haunted house, thought it was just for the current FF, but I could be totally wrong on that.

Hello all,

I am posting this in multiple threads so I apologize if you read this more than once.

Anyways, August 5th-15th we are doing our yearly coaster trip. This year will include visits to SFSL, WoF, SDC, SFSL again (gotta love season passes), Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island.

We will be getting to SFSL on saturday the 5th in the afternoon and spending the rest of the day and part of sunday the 6th. We will then be stopping at the park on Friday on our way back home and spending the afternoon and evening there.

We are curious about the crowds we will encounter those days and any tips you have about plan of attack or about the park in general.

Thank you so much in advance

According to their Operating Schedule, SFStL closes at 6pm on Friday, August 11th. Schools are starting, so the park begins closing early. That might affect your plans.

We won't get anything unique or large scale. As discussed before, it doesn't make good business sense. I am now of the mindset that a S&S Free Fly would be a perfect fit for our park. I think we should consider ourselves lucky if that becomes a reality.

One thing is for sure, you won't be getting an RMC conversion. Otherwise the park would have already announced the ride closure like SFOG with Georgia Cyclone. An S&S 4D would indeed be the most likely scenario. There's also the possibility of a water coaster like SFFT's Thunder Rapids. Either way, you would be getting something great for the park.

We won't get anything unique or large scale. As discussed before, it doesn't make good business sense. I am now of the mindset that a S&S Free Fly would be a perfect fit for our park. I think we should consider ourselves lucky if that becomes a reality.

One thing is for sure, you won't be getting an RMC conversion. Otherwise the park would have already announced the ride closure like SFOG with Georgia Cyclone. An S&S 4D would indeed be the most likely scenario. There's also the possibility of a water coaster like SFFT's Thunder Rapids. Either way, you would be getting something great for the park.

well two years in a row with new rides in the amusement section, I suspect the water park might get a new attraction next year. my two cents

Kevin

well two years in a row with new rides in the amusement section, I suspect the water park might get a new attraction next year. my two cents

Kevin

I'm praying it's a water park addition. That way they can't claim to "add a steel coaster" with a f***ing 4d flippy-do time. I've been on those and it's just NOT a steel coaster. I'd like to see us get skipped on a "big" investment and have them re-locate a steel looper or something. Even if it's re-located. OR, use the new S&S models they posted....but for god sake, add something bigger/good.

A water park addition wouldn't shock me, but I can also see why it wouldn't happen. This area has no real local competition to Hurricane Harbor. There are a few local places with a couple slide complexes, but that's about it.

A water park addition wouldn't shock me, but I can also see why it wouldn't happen. This area has no real local competition to Hurricane Harbor. There are a few local places with a couple slide complexes, but that's about it.

very good points - but I gotta say the view from the train into hurricane harbor does not inspire a lot of trust. Rust of the towers and slides and faded old looking fiberglass, flume leaks and general rooftop decay of the buildings. It seems the area could at least use some serious TLC. I guess if you're on the train you are already past HH,but it just doesn't look inviting on the pass by.

Kevin

Did anyone see that John Duffey has "retired from the company" after 17 months in the position on Tuesday? Jim Reid Anderson is going to step in and reprise the role. I'm curious to see if it remains status quo or we'll see some improvements in park operations.

Did anyone see that John Duffey has "retired from the company" after 17 months in the position on Tuesday? Jim Reid Anderson is going to step in and reprise the role. I'm curious to see if it remains status quo or we'll see some improvements in park operations.

Yes, Jim Reid Anderson has a magaical powder that will cure all the operational issues chain wide. But wait! Call now and order a season pass and your home park will receive for the 2018 season a RMC giga aquatrax.

Dude, you're wrong. Everybody knows that the RMC Giga Aquatrax is coming in the 2019 season.

Yes, Jim Reid Anderson has a magaical powder that will cure all the operational issues chain wide. But wait! Call now and order a season pass and your home park will receive for the 2018 season a RMC giga aquatrax.

Dude, you're wrong. Everybody knows that the RMC Giga Aquatrax is coming in the 2019 season.

I think it's opening this year

^ The wave pool at my park does this as well but I don't know why either.

We have a local water park here that does not do that. Silver Dollar City's White Water does not do the "safety check" and I don't believe the park at Six Flags Great America does it as often. I'm curious if there's some sort of filtration issue and they have to constantly check water PH/Chlorine balance.

I think its so you don't go all afternoon with a drowned person on the bottom of your wave pool........ hard to see the bottom clearly if the pool is full......

I did see the fact it would be closed every hour posted somewhere, can't remember where..

Kevin

I never go to the waterpark and have no interest in that, so that's a big bummer for me.

I rarely go to the water park as well, but I would if we got a water coaster.

I never go to the waterpark and have no interest in that, so that's a big bummer for me.

Yeah, pretty disappointing for us. We get to the water park once a season at most. It is too crowded on weekends and I have to take off work to go on a weekday. Maybe a joker clone next year.

Good for the water park regulars though!

Mike