TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

here is a video of the mardi-gras parade for those of you whom haven't' seen it.

A for effort - reminded me of nothing so much as a high school homecoming parade.

I really appreciate the attempts at entertainment, but this and the regular shows (Palace/Miss Kitty's) all seem to come off as very amateurish. Not what you would expect from a larger entertainment venue - NOTE the Fright fest palace show last year was an huge exception. Very well done, so I know it can happen.

side note - very pathetic to see grown adults scrambling for beads ahead of children...

Kevin

although we will be visiting SFMM for the first time

I hope you guys have a good trip. Let us know how everything goes!

Sorry I'm reporting back so late, but we went on to spend 10 days in Hawaii after the LA visit. MM was good! Full Throttle was down all day so my son was a bit disappointed on that one be we got to ride everything else. He hit #100 on his coaster count on Tatsu (which Mom learned the hard way at SFGAdv NOT to ride flying coasters if you are prone to motion sickness!) so I took pics of him with his #100 sign to send into ACE and the staff was very nice about letting me stand in front of the front row during loading to get the pic. The staff member at the Gold Pass early entry also let my husband enter with us even though the people on the MM thread insisted this would not be allowed. Twisted Colloseus was definitely my fav coaster, I think just because it was so unique and on one of our rides we got a duel which apparently doesn't happen much anymore.

Food choices were good. I wish, wish, wish SFSTL would put in a sandwich shop. They had a legitimately good one there. It was hotter than hell that day, 102 degrees although with no humidity like here and the park had tons of misters so it was easy to stay cool.

Only issue we had (and it wasn't a huge problem) was using our ACE free ticket for Dad. Took about 30 min to get his ticket printed. The girls at guest relations had never seen one, and the code wouldn't go through, and they had to make multiple calls to upper management, yada, yada, yada.

If anyone had any questions about MM, feel free to fire away at me!

BTW - I was answering Prozach who was the one that asked for me to report. Not sure why the quote thing didn't show it as his quote and only showed mine.

We are going to hit up the water park tomorrow with some friends who want to poach our BFF day but at least we will get a chance to see the Mardi Gras stuff.

Oh and at MM we did get FP, I bucked up for the Platinum since it was a one day shot there and I knew the boy could get all possible credits that way. They do it differently there, platinum does not get you a double ride but there are certain coasters only on that level and even X2 and TC were one time only use unless you wanted to pay an upcharge above the FP price. Get it? I didn't at first, had to read it 3 times and being a teacher I'm a fairly literate person

Glad to hear you had a good time! Six Flags definitely makes you empty out your wallet when you get the Fast Pass Platinum. I can absolutely see why X-Flight as the one time up charge since capacity is a nightmare, but including TC seems like a Rip-Off for as much as you pay. I'm with you on flying coasters. I only rode Tatsu once. Flyers make me sick, too. Unfortunately great rides like Manta and Tatsu are no exceptions. When we went to MM it was kind of a dump, but I've heard they have made a lot of improvements to the atmosphere since then, much like SFSTL. Does Riddler still have their jacked up station queue? We were stuck elbow to elbow with stinky bodies for about thirty minutes of loud obnoxious hell when we went.

Where did you guys stay in Hawaii?

Glad to hear you had a good time! Six Flags definitely makes you empty out your wallet when you get the Fast Pass Platinum. I can absolutely see why X-Flight as the one time up charge since capacity is a nightmare, but including TC seems like a Rip-Off for as much as you pay. I'm with you on flying coasters. I only rode Tatsu once. Flyers make me sick, too. Unfortunately great rides like Manta and Tatsu are no exceptions. When we went to MM it was kind of a dump, but I've heard they have made a lot of improvements to the atmosphere since then, much like SFSTL. Does Riddler still have their jacked up station queue? We were stuck elbow to elbow with stinky bodies for about thirty minutes of loud obnoxious hell when we went.

Where did you guys stay in Hawaii?

Platinum is up there and I don't usually let myself get talked into it, BUT since we aren't likely to go back to MM and we already have gold passes with no layout for food or entry; I bucked up.

Riddler was also closed, forgot about that til you asked, it was being repainted. I wouldn't call it a dump but there is more of a parking lot, less vegetation quality to a lot of it than SFSTL. Part of that is probably location as it's much more desert like there. We are actually quite lucky with all of the mature trees we have at our park. I thought SFGAdv was a bit devoid of landscaping too when we were there last summer. Seems like Superman was the only ride I thought they did some real theming on and their JL was still under construction and not yet open.

We stayed for a few days at the Waikiki Marriott, closer to the Diamondhead end of the strip. Then we spent a week on an NCL cruise ship that went around the main islands. Gave us 2 days each on Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai.

screamscape is hinting pretty hard that a joker clone may be in the works for SFStL in 2018.

my verdict: plausible.

Yea, it makes a lot of sense for SFStL to get a S&S 4D in 2018. After getting JL in 2015 and flats in 2016/2017, they seem due for the coaster clone. I don't see SF spending the money to build a custom coaster at SFStL, so a Joker clone is probably the best the park can hope for. There is the wild card of the SF CEO saying they will be adding 5 record breaking rides in 2018, but I would expect rides with that kind of hype to go to one of the flagship SF parks. But who knows, maybe SFStL will get lucky and receive a new and unique coaster?

We won't get anything unique or large scale. As discussed before, it doesn't make good business sense. I am now of the mindset that a S&S Free Fly would be a perfect fit for our park. I think we should consider ourselves lucky if that becomes a reality.

Hello all,

I am posting this in multiple threads so I apologize if you read this more than once.

Anyways, August 5th-15th we are doing our yearly coaster trip. This year will include visits to SFSL, WoF, SDC, SFSL again (gotta love season passes), Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island.

We will be getting to SFSL on saturday the 5th in the afternoon and spending the rest of the day and part of sunday the 6th. We will then be stopping at the park on Friday on our way back home and spending the afternoon and evening there.

We are curious about the crowds we will encounter those days and any tips you have about plan of attack or about the park in general.

Thank you so much in advance

I'm cool with a Joker clone and realize we'd be fortunate to get one, but in reading through all the excitement around Georgia RMC'ing the Cyclone, it sure would be nice to get a notice that the Boss is closing down sometime around mid July one year!

Is the removal of Tidal Wave a certain thing??

No, but there have been rumors of it being taken down for awhile now. Given the footprint of that ride, the Freespin size, previous rumors of its demise and the fact that it occupies a corner of the park that ain't exactly jumpin' with life....I like the educated guess.

If it doesn't go there, where could they put it? I see no way they tear down the Ninja. It may be a bit rough and not that popular, but it's still a functional steel coaster.

The real question is how do they theme it? I suppose it wouldn't take much effort to rebrand the swinging ship to something else and giving it the Joker motif, but I think it would be cool to at least get some kind of original theming.

I think the Tidal Wave would be sorely missed on hot STL Days, like the heat wave we are currently in.

I thought removing the Bumper Cars was a bad idea too. I guess I don't like seeing Rides getting removed.

I think the Tidal Wave would be sorely missed on hot STL Days, like the heat wave we are currently in.

I thought removing the Bumper Cars was a bad idea too. I guess I don't like seeing Rides getting removed.

Yeah but Tidal Wave is almost always a walk on, even on hot days, and rarely goes with a full boat. And as mentioned that section is a little dull.

Hello all,

I am posting this in multiple threads so I apologize if you read this more than once.

Anyways, August 5th-15th we are doing our yearly coaster trip. This year will include visits to SFSL, WoF, SDC, SFSL again (gotta love season passes), Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island.

We will be getting to SFSL on saturday the 5th in the afternoon and spending the rest of the day and part of sunday the 6th. We will then be stopping at the park on Friday on our way back home and spending the afternoon and evening there.

We are curious about the crowds we will encounter those days and any tips you have about plan of attack or about the park in general.

Thank you so much in advance

Sat afternoon will probably be pretty busy so I would just prioritize your rides and get to what you can. You will have better luck on Sunday. Get there a bit before open and you can beat all the church people! If JL is a must for you do it first thing on Sunday and/or utilize the very very underutilized single rider line. Your best bet for days when you arrive in the afternoon is to hope it's superhot because the water park will suck people away.

that tidal wave corner is a tough corner for any attraction as it is out of the way and not a throughway to anywhere

- way back in my day they had the old haunted house there and the road to hurricane harbor was not there - it was a corner attraction on the way up the hill to the eagle and bumper cars. (#oldmanrant). they could move it to a new location in the park and put something bigger there. its not a super huge space hog....

Kevin

LOL! I'm old enough to remember the haunted house! And for you young'uns, we're talking about a haunted house without any scareactors. Nothing like what they have at frightfest today.

well I am even older and we did have scare actors in it every day - 4 people usually. Worked ride ops pool one summer (82). I had the privilege of sitting in those 4 old trailers with no ac for a few days while covering someone on vacation - fun but hot. good theming, including red blood fountains -No masks, we wore blackface type scare makeup - (think kiss) and hooded robes. They had big chains attached to old diamond plate steel squares and you would smack the chain on the steel when people walked by (LOUD)-

thanks for the memory Kim

old man drift off over

kevin

that tidal wave corner is a tough corner for any attraction as it is out of the way and not a throughway to anywhere

- way back in my day they had the old haunted house there and the road to hurricane harbor was not there - it was a corner attraction on the way up the hill to the eagle and bumper cars. (#oldmanrant). they could move it to a new location in the park and put something bigger there. its not a super huge space hog....

Kevin

Is that what that ramp came from? God, I think I've been trying to figure that question out since I was three. I think that might be the biggest mystery of my childhood.